• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Perhaps FF VI, but then again, part of my fondness for this game probably comes from that I played it on release. Up to that point it was easily the best looking game I had ever played, and the story was mind blowing for 12 years old me.

Still never did replay it. Prefer to keep it in nostalgic memory instead of risk being disappointed.

Kronecker

Jan 30, 2019
NieR: Automata, no question. To this day it's the only game to make me feel "empty" after finishing it.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Demon's Souls. Best time I had with a video game in my life.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Phantasy Star Online.
That entire experience is a key reason why I decided to study Japanese and eventually move here. It was also early inspiration for me to work in game dev.

Runner ups off the top of my head would be:
Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil
FF7
Front Mission 3
Streets of Rage 2

Last edited:

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Easily launch day Everquest and the next 3 years of content.

Project 1999 isn't the same thing since I remember it. I just want to fully dive into that world again. I've never had an experience like it and probably never will again. Un-recreateable.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 7: I know the game inside out, it holds no secrets for me. I want to feel how I felt playing it for the first time in VR all over again.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Demon's Souls

To experience that game again, the start of Soulsborne again fresh... mannn

And Castlevania SotN

Edit:

FFXI was magical at launch. So I might pick that too.
Dunes Party!

Last edited:

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild. The initial 40 or so hours are pure magic.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
breath of the wild
hollow knight
okami
ace attorney games
ghost trick
ico
sotc
dragon quest 5
twewy

basically all my favorite games.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Man, too many to list , but if i can choose 2 it would be.

Zelda Ocarina of time:
Unlike anything i've played at that time

Demon souls.
I stumbled on it by mistake at a rental store, and i remember thinking how special it was the first time i was playing it.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
TLoU
Metal gear Solid series
Castlevania SoTN
God of War serie
Original resident evil

Almost forgot.. Dead space

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky in close competition with Super Mystery Dungeon.

Love the stories of these games, and with the Tastes i have now, i would appreciate them even more than i did back then, since i like the gameplay aspect of Mystery Dungeon games much more than i did when i first played these games.

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
Persona 4 vanilla and or golden.
Never have I been so heartbroken after beating a game when I completed it. Felt like I lost some real life friends. It's crazy how persona 5 didn't give me that same feeling. Maybe it's cause I wasn't a teen anymore when I first played p5

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Don't let me choose between The Last Of Us, RDR (the original, not the crappy prequel), MGS 3 and The Last Guardian.
Outer Wilds.

I tried playing it again recently and it just doesn't quite have the same magic.

That feeling of discovery was incredible.
I imagine, and it is quite a good choice. I must say they kindda missed the ending because the discovery game became some sort of work.
I can't wait to see what this studio will do next, this game is really something.

NickMitch

Nov 1, 2017
With a landslide no.1

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

The sense of scale, freedom. The music, the atmosphere. Oh my god i wish my brain was wiped clean do relive it!

2. Goldeneye 64
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5. Dark Souls

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Ocarina of Time: I've played this so many times that I know it inside and out, would like to view it with fresh eyes.
Resident Evil (original+remake): Same here, I know how every room look in this game
Breath of the Wild: I've only played through this once, but the greatest thing is just discovering this vast world. I would love to discover it again with new eyes.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
It's a tie between Breath of the Wild and the Portal games. Now the portal gameplay seems to make sense but back then it was truly mindblowing (to me at least)

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
For me, the effect would only be complete if i get to experience the games on the same year again, as nowadays no game impress me anymore. So for me it's:

Ocarina of Time in 1998
Metroid Prime in 2002

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of good answers here, but I think I'm gonna say Undertale.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
The original Doom comes to mind but playing for it for the first time in 2020 wouldn't have the same effect. Playing Doom when it released would be a good one though. For today re-experiencing VR for the first time would be good. The title isn't as important as the tech here since I was blown away by just the menus and tutorials.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Return of the Obra Dinn.

Thankfully I'm already at the point where I've forgotten the actual solutions, but unfortunately I can't erase the logic that gets me to those answers.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spec Ops: The Line

What I'd give to dive into it again knowing nothing, thinking it's a generic dudebro shooter and that's about it. Still crazy how a war game managed to be so thought-provoking and hide such anti-war messages with a terrific narrative with incredible twists all around. One of my favourite games ever and I often think about how I'd like to relive certain scenes for the first time.