• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
What game would you choose?

I was going to say Final Fantasy 7 for obvious reasons but for me it has to be Metal Gear Solid.. that game was such an incredible experience from start to finish.. the Psycho Mantis boss fight was just pure gaming brilliance and it was a game you just had to experience at the time.

My runners up are:

FF 7
Megaman X
Shadow of the Colossus

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
It's between FF8, FF9, Xenogears, MGS4, Mass Effect, World of Warcraft.

Probably WoW to be honest. It's the closest thing I've felt to living a fantasy life outside of VR, and I played it before I understood how games were made, so simple things felt like complete magic. Hell, I was impressed by using a hearthstone.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Probably Persona 4 Golden. I love the characters and would love to get to know them again.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Wilds.

I tried playing it again recently and it just doesn't quite have the same magic.

That feeling of discovery was incredible.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Bloodborne.....was my first From Software game and exploring the world while learning how to play the game was a fantastic experience.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Probably something huge like FF14/WoW. Nostalgia is a powerful drug, but I know those games would still grab me instantly again today.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Breath of the Wild, followed closely by Dark Souls. Other runner ups would be Metroid Prime 2, OoT, Mario64 and Super Mario World.

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild, not my favorite game ever, but it felt so great to discover everything for the first time.
No other game did it as good as BotW.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The Witness - I'd love to go in blind again and experience the way the game teaches you about teaching.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The Last of Us.

Although if you could recreate the same times coming home from school and jumping on with everyone then maybe MW2.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It would be Virtue's Last Reward for me. I had such a wonderful time with it, and going through that gamut of twists and revelations all over again fresh would be amazing.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
Metroid Fusion. Absolutely incredible scenario/level design and I loved the twists and turns in the plot. It doesn't really have any impact after the 20th playthrough though.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
It's between FF8, World of Warcraft.

Probably WoW to be honest. It's the closest thing I've felt to living a fantasy life outside of VR, and I played it before I understood how games were made, so simple things felt like complete magic. Hell, I was impressed by using a hearthstone.

This. Wotlk was the top expansion for me. Raiding ICC with 25 people... Damn.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The witness, that truly is a game where a second run would miss 90 % of what makes your first one so special.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
MGS1, RE2(PS1) or Skate1

I say skate1 because learning to play that game was such a surreal experience since i skateboard as well.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
For recent examples, probably NieR: Automata, Subnautica, The Last Guardian and Undertale... Still really enjoy them, but the impact of several moments is definitely less than it was upon first playthrough, and I'd love to feel that again.

I'd also like to go back and re-experience Ocarina of Time when it was brand new; probably wouldn't have the same impact if I played it for the first time now. Same goes for stuff like the Halo games, Skyrim, etc.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild, easily. That initial journey of discovery was one of the best gaming experiences of my life.