• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gozu-takashi-miike.jpg

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need more details? Same time period? Same mom? Do I retain knowledge of the world as I have now?
Edit: I don't think I want to relive the trauma I had as a child again.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weekend ERA couldn't be contained to the weekend it seems.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
its not weekend guys, hold your weird thoughts for few more days

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Same year? Sure. Now? Nah, as things are now I'll probably be dead by the time global warming starts killing everything. I don't want to be around for that shit.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Is it like a new game + scenario, or is my save data wiped and im starting from scratch?

because I would do new game+, yes

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes when I say want to start a new life, I mean I want to just do it all over again from the very start. Wipe the save and New Game it up.
What if you already did it a few times but your baby brain gets rebooted? You don't get to retain knowledge if you also reverse time of your body's cells.

H2intensity

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know when im being reborn gonna have a better life or not. So I'll stick with mine right now.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not even close to the weekend but y'all already shitting out these threads. Damn.

in all seriousness, fuck no. Things could always be better, and it's not like I'm rich or anything, but I'm still more fortunate than the majority of humans. Life could be so much worse, theres no point in thinking about being reborn for me, I'm grateful for what I got. I also finished school and uni and fuck doing that again, as much as I loved it.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I was thinking about that exact thing yesterday after my son was born. What a beautiful, traumatic and violent, and when it's done peaceful thing it is. It's all of life all happening at once.

Yes I'd do it again.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If only the title had been "If you could climb back into the womb, would you do it?" it would have been perfect for WeekendERA.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely no interest in putting myself through my childhood family experiences again. For as much of a mess as I am now, putting distance between that and myself was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
You and me both. Dayum well said.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Reborn in current times? Probably not. Reborn in the 80s? Maybe if I got to keep my memories aka cheat codes.
I've had dreams like this. It would be like time travel. Having a do over with knowledge of the future would be infinitely better than the first time around. Just play dumb when you are a baby and a child, then get filthy rich with future knowledge.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Someone create some incidents for this dude to manage I can't handle threads like this on a Tuesday.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Start over in 1971 (yes, I'm old) with my memories intact? Sure. I'd love to do my life over again, only tweak I'd do is not study quite so hard in school and not work quite so hard at work over the years. So much time unnecessarily wasted, if I had dialed it back some I'd be where I am today. Also, wouldn't buy nearly as much crap, going through selling / donating lots now that I'm an empty nester and it is painful (and feels like I'm wasting precious time).

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I would do anything again to do it all again. I would love to do it better and not categorically fuck my entire life up but honestly even if it were all the same I'd still rather have the good memories again because I frankly don't feel like I'll get to experience such happiness again. Oh well. Not how it works.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Nah, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at, and what I've done. I'm more looking forward to the future than re-experiencing the past.

Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm just gonna ignore the whole "crawling back into the womb" thing and treat it as a redo but with all of my current memories. In that regard, yeah, I would, absolutely. So many things I'd wanna change, do better, and learn from an earlier age. But it's not quite healthy to think of that, I suppose. Just gotta focus on what I can do now

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I was lucky with a good childhood and a certain part of me would like to go back and not have all the responsibilities that I do now. But on the other hand I do like where my life is now and if I did go back inevitably there would be some different decisions made at different key points and I wouldn't end up at the same spot.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd ever see an unbirth thread on ERA.

But to answer your question, no thank you.