• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
aa0bb0d5d3e4276d38bb9f537fc934df7bfec954fff7fa70e84d9b161a345475.jpg

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Instead of traditional "WAR IS BAD AND ALSO HAPPENS" quotes, I've wanted to see one of the games use a deliberate selection of quotes that talk about how war is normalized through media and entertainment. Just self-aware enough to make people think laterally about the experience, without being a take-down of what it is.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
"Son, you don't have bad luck. The reason bad things happen to you? Is because you're a dumbass."

Just Red Foreman quotes really.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
"Cock and Ball Torture (CBT) is a sexual activity involving torture of the male genitals." -Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia, at EN.Wikipedia.org

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't a politician. I had no - no - even thought of being a politician. So, nobody even talked to me about the war. Nobody said, should we do the war, should we not? It's not like now, where every day you're being asked questions about things.

-A poignant and bigly-spoken quote from stable genius Donald Trump

I gagged copying and pasting that and now it's in my search history

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
"War isn't cool, war isn't cool

War is only bad and it makes me sad

It isn't cool to shoot bad guys dead

Shoot them right in the head

Even if they deserved it

There's no way that that is sick

War is not, not cool

War's not,
not cool"

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
"This is MY camping spot, go find your own!"

or

"Damn it Ricky, I was high at the time!"

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"You was poppin all that good shit a second ago then you got kicked in yo chest!"

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
"This video game is mass-market U.S. Military propaganda that normalizes war and frankly you should feel bad for paying to play it."