• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Before you're getting all excited and speculating, it's rumored to be Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World.

while I think both are coming, one of those isn't Nintendo's next. I'm thinking Pikmin 3 is one of them Peer Schneider at IGN said the other game was a "6 out of 10". I don't think that's Mario 3D World.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I have the game already. Unless there are many new features with a new version, I'll likely either stick with what I have or buy a steam key from the BST thread for $5 one day.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I already have on Wii U =D
As much as I LOVED it, it has a samilar problem going on as Shenmue 3 did. Mostly everyone interested got it on WiiU / the kickstarter, so they somehow need a miracle to interest people who don't know about the franchise. Putting in more cameo Wonders seems like an easy way to scratch some sales, but the bulk of the sales isn't going to come just from that.

If they appeared at least as assist trophies in Smash more people would be rooting for them in the fighter pass, though.

All that said, I'd buy a sequel in a heartbeat if it stays the same quality as before.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I am pretty sure I bought every Wii U port to the switch, but I won't this one, no thanks.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Obviously the w101 Wii u demo was a mistake..hurt the game more so imo

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I already enjoyed it on Wii U, so probably not.

Though a version of the game that isn't reliant on drawing the weapon shapes with a touch pad or stick would be nice. I could see the game more-or-less working without them.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'know, I'd be down to get this day one on PS+. Guaranteed revenue for PG, too. Certainly not as risky as a kickstarter.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I hate to see such a unique IP go to waste I didn't exactly enjoy my time with the Wii U version.

Oct 28, 2017
Watch Saur's videos if you think there's something wrong with the controls.

No shame in not getting the hang of them though.
You're focusing on the controls, which I never even explicitly mentioned in my original comment.

The controls are just one brick in the wall of my un-enjoyment of the game. I got them, it just didn't find it fun.

If it clicked for you and you loved it? Great. But don't come in here with that "if you'd just watch this video you'd understand that it's secretly really good and that you just didn't put in the time" nonsense. There are plenty of games (DMC, or even some of Platinums own games) that have a high skill ceiling, but don't alienate 90% of players.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gladly take an extra copy from an enthusiastic fan who bought it many times to support the dev. To me it still looks like a game I wouldn't spend more than 20 bucks on.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it had super annoying insta-fail sections that made the game not fun at all.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Watch Saur's videos if you think there's something wrong with the controls.

No shame in not getting the hang of them though.

I actually loved the demo.

BUT

I did a bit of research on how the game played beforehand.

"I mean, really, if you don't have at least a master's degree in character action games, you probably shouldn't bother" isn't a great selling pitch for an entertainment product. Something needs to change if they don't want to wonderful bomba again.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
As much as I LOVED it, it has a samilar problem going on as Shenmue 3 did. Mostly everyone interested got it on WiiU / the kickstarter, so they somehow need a miracle to interest people who don't know about the franchise. Putting in more cameo Wonders seems like an easy way to scratch some sales, but the bulk of the sales isn't going to come just from that.

If they appeared at least as assist trophies in Smash more people would be rooting for them in the fighter pass, though.

All that said, I'd buy a sequel in a heartbeat if it stays the same quality as before.
In my case is more that I never buy Wii U-to-Switch ports anyway.. the redundancy and the fact I can't give me the luxury of buying multiple copies of a game (due my budget) are definitive for me ^^'

I honestly don't even buy Wii U ports that I still don't have on my collection, because I'm always hopeful I'll find a cheap used copy of the original release instead spending full price in the Switch version

Oct 25, 2017
"I mean, really, if you don't have at least a master's degree in character action games, you probably shouldn't bother" isn't a great selling pitch for an entertainment product. Something needs to change if they don't want to wonderful bomba again.
Some games are for hardcore fans and don't care about casuals.

Like most fighting games.

Selling out your vision for sales isn't going to make the game better.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I already bought it for the WiiU.

More than I can say about the rest of you schmucks.

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it on Wii U because of all the hype. Ended up being my least liked Platinum game.

I found having to draw all the weapons to be annoying.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Still have it on Wii U and honestly tried hard to get into twice. Even started over the second time and played about halfway through before dropping it again. Its just a chore to play with horrible UI all over the place and does nothing for me.

Would vastly prefer more Pikmin.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great ride (own on Wii U), but I don't really have any desire to play it again.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
There is a lot to like in W101, but it took a baffling amount of time for me to sink into it myself. Even understanding all the moves, parries, potential, watching guide videos, etc... the execution never quite clicked for me. Too often the enemies weren't what I was fighting, but ensuring the correct shapes and abilities were pulled off correctly. I used the R-stick primarily as I loathed the touchscreen in every attempt to focus on it instead. Even getting decent with the stick wrangling for shapes, I never enjoyed it.

Yet there is a lot to appreciate in the area design, combat progression, and surprises that unfold. I wanted to love it and hope indeed it gets a second chance with some alterations to make it more accessible to play.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I had it on WiiU and couldn't get into it, this game is simply not for me. So sorry, but no.

Going by the demo I played, even Bayonetta is not for me. I really enjoyed Astral Chain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.