• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Take Ryu out of it. Who is the second most iconic fighting game character?

• Akuma

• Chun Li

• Sub-Zero

• Scorpion

• Kyo

• Terry

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In America : Scorpion

In Latin America: Terry, Iori, K' in any order

This question really varies headed on where you are in the world

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chun-li, by a landslide.

Terry and the Ninjas fight for second place depending on where you live.

I feel Scorpion's catch phrase is more iconic than the actual character.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
using this logic, Jax is above scorpion and any SF character (he is not)

220px-Mortal_Kombat_Special_Forces.jpg
Those arms are looking kinda fresh tho.

AMAKAN93

May 5, 2018
Asked my wife- she could immediately recognize Chun-Li but had no idea who Scorp was. Chun-Li as a character and a name is way more known by the general public than Scorp is.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Chun Li for me at least. I've never played Mortal Kombat so I don't know who Scorpion is.

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019
Chun Li. I don't think MK is very popular with fighting gamers outside of the west, whereas SF is popular everywhere. I don't think Scorpion would beat any of the original World Warriors in an international recognition poll and in Mexico and South America he'd probably even lose to Terry Bogard.

Last edited:

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
It's pretty clearly Ken to me, and he's not even a poll option. Scorpion was, is, and has only ever been seriously relevant in the west. Ken has always been relevant anywhere Street Fighter is, which is almost everywhere and certainly not just one region.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
My mind immediately went to Chun Li when reading the title. Might even put her above Ryu.

Surprised Scorpion's leading the poll. I assume that's an Anglosphere thing? I'd even say I'd sooner think of Raiden or Sub Zero than Scorpion, when I think of Mortal Kombat.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Voted Chun-Li only because I know it to be true and she may actually be even more recognizable than Ryu. If I go by more a global view and outside of SF, probably Scorpion or Sub-Zero.

Nov 13, 2017
Scorpion and Chun-Li are tied. Depends where you're asking. I bet a lot of people can't name Chun-Li, but know that she's "the girl from that fighting game."

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
The people saying Mario in this thread need a separate forum where they can talk about how their favorite action movie character is Lego Batman and their favorite pizza topping is anime. Cretins.