• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It means this is the next step

hCKPjFPPocYQCwS5IY8IcqwOGl_c2XCm4Trnsjmy05NV1iAlsctTSzwkKVVKJCrPzveBd-UOs5a6c1TLImhbm4dUQZEnjQ
I mean, if you are going to lop off parts of the USA. We'll need to lop off parts of Canada as well. It may hurt to say, but we'll have to part ways with Alberta and part of Saskatchewan. Maybe they can join the central USA and become The Theocratic Republic of Oilandia

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I don't know how many conservative women are okay with being told where they fit in a man's America and the conditions that acceptance is contingent upon but here it is:

I hope progressive women and WoC take note. Don't let conservatives ruin your lives.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That half the population on the country are decent people and the other half of the population are either dumb, foolish, gullible, self-destructive, disgusting, or a combination of all four. But his first election already confirmed that. A re-election just confirms that hasn't changed.

Not so.

Last time a lot of people didn't vote, probably not caring enough or being in the Hillary will win anyway camp. There was very little doubt what a Trump president would mean... but there was some doubt. You might have expected for instance that once he won he would make some attempt at doing the job.

Or possibly, those people are in the "Trump isn't evil/conservative enough" camp, so didn't turn out...

That is what we find out. We know the portion of people who voted last time and where they stand. But the rest? If they don't vote this time or worse vote for Trump, it is clear the whole country is gone.

One last chance.

On a world scale, it is terrifying. If 250k Americans getting killed can be shrugged away and Trump wins? Imagine how many millions of foreigners could be killed with the same indifference. Literally a blank cheque to do whatever he wants.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like a Biden win will erase all of your problems.

Off the top of my head:

- ICE + detention centers (aka prison camps)
- Electoral College
- COVID-19 response
- Middle-class struggles (i.e. disappearing)
- Healthcare
- International image tarnished for generations
- Right-wing media out of control (like Fox News)

And much, much more. Of course I want Democrats to sweep as much as they can, but the damage from Republicans will be felt for years. Then in 2024 they'll be saying it's all because of Democrats the economy tanked, 100,000+ deaths, etc.

No. But things can be repaired. We wont have the president of the United states sowing division and hate anymore. We will have someone who actually knows what the fuck they are doing.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That your country is a lost cause.
Hell, even the fact that Trump isn't getting destroyed on polls now(by that, I mean having under 20% chance to win) is enough to make anybody worry about the state of the US.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
It wouldn't really change my perception of the US much to be honest. The last four years have been tiring and integrity means nothing anymore.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
That your country is a lost cause.
Hell, even the fact that Trump isn't getting destroyed on polls now(by that, I mean having under 20% chance to win) is enough to make anybody worry about the state of the US.

Most reliable polling puts him around 10% to win.

Also worth remembering that his total votes in 2016 amount to about 19% of the population of the United States. Biden already has that many just from early voting. Before painting all of America with the trash brush, consider that Trump's presidency is very, very much the tyranny of a minority empowered by a garbage system.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
As a 1st time voter the whole Electoral College system to me is just bizarre. I've come to understand that population in a state = amount of electoral college votes. However, why is that the contingent to win the presidency? In a true democracy shouldn't the popular vote, voice of the people, decide the presidency? Who gives a shit about population of a STATE, what do the people of the country of the USA want? Idk, just my 2 cents. We are beyond fucked in the head if they elect Trump again.
The founders didn't think direct Democracy was a good thing because of

a)Populism (Haha... yeah)
b)Because people on opposite ends of the country wouldn't know anything about people running for President. Remember, your transportation was on horseback, there were no phones, TV, internet, etc... So people knew about mainly local issues. Electors were supposed to be well educated folks who kept up with national news.
c)Finally, founders were mostly rich landowners who didn't want the proles directly electing leaders.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
If he wins legitimately? The US is racist.
If he steals the election? How does it feel to be a banana republic for once, America?

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
That it's even close says enough as it is. If Trump wins, though... We are the rising fascist state of the world, and in history books the conditions for our rise of authoritarian dictatorship will be extremely obvious, so that future generations won't have to say "wow okay I didn't realize I was in nazi germany", they'll say something like "wow okay I didn't realize I was in Trump's America."

If Trump wins I really do think it's pretty much over in America.

I am absolutely emigrating if he wins. I've already been saving up and researching. The scariest thing is that I truly believe that a fascist government with the US's economy and military will destroy the modern world very quickly regardless of where I move.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a suburb just outside Milwaukee and it seems like Trump support is at an all time high, but I assume dems are as well so idk from my p.o.v it seems like it could go either way

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Trump is a symptom, not the disease.

The GOP chose a chode to represent them, but his replacement will likely be far more nefarious.

Mike Pence on a presidential ticket is an idea that gives me very real anxiety.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
As a 1st time voter the whole Electoral College system to me is just bizarre. I've come to understand that population in a state = amount of electoral college votes. However, why is that the contingent to win the presidency? In a true democracy shouldn't the popular vote, voice of the people, decide the presidency? Who gives a shit about population of a STATE, what do the people of the country of the USA want? Idk, just my 2 cents. We are beyond fucked in the head if they elect Trump again.
America is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
It'll be the same country with the same racist systems, but the racist will be emboldened even more

No. But things can be repaired. We wont have the president of the United states sowing division and hate anymore. We will have someone who actually knows what the fuck they are doing.

Until Republicans gain control again. Democrats constantly lost power during the Obama administration while Obama was giving us a great economy so after that I figure it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I am absolutely emigrating if he wins. I've already been saving up and researching. The scariest thing is that I truly believe that a fascist government with the US's economy and military will destroy the modern world very quickly regardless of where I move.
I have a lifetime residency to the United Kingdom, and while they have their own problems, it's something I think about. Of course, I've also had people sling shit at me on this forum for suggesting something so "cowardly", but oh well.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
America's international reputation has already been irrevocably damaged as far as I can tell, but it would be hard to take the country seriously ever again if close to half the country could still vote for him at this point. Granted, he could win with as low as ~25% of the vote because of your ridiculous Electoral College.

The US used to be my top travel destination, but I honestly have zero desire to go there anymore.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
What we've known for a while: that a huge number of people want modern America to be a fascist, theocratic dictatorship and the people who don't want that spend too much time on the internet whining about "both sides" while neglecting to vote.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump is America and America is Trump.

You have to remember that till your dying day. Stay politically engaged and vigilant against these people always.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
There's no hope for this country if he wins again, and I'd seriously look at moving somewhere else.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The same thing it said last time. Also I know we all like to dogpile the US but populist right wing parties are winning all over the world, it's not just a US problem.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What we already know. The US is a shithole. Trump losing doesnt change that. It just makes the country a smidge better.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
If he won, it would be that our institutions are broken and that minority rule is achievable/more likely going forward.

All the data suggests that the majority of likely voters want Biden as president, and it's not really a question in my mind that he will win the popular vote, but with some fuckery Trump still has a shot. This isn't how things should work and it's not as much an indictment on the majority of Americans as it is of who we've entrusted to lead our government.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Then we will all welcome our new overlord China. 4 more years of Trump will erode the world's trust of the US beyond redemption. I can't begin to comprehend how a democracy can vote for a hateful, corrupt, incompetent con man such as Trump. His handling of the pandemic alone should have him forced out of the White House due to sheer incompetence. Yet, here we are right now that there is still some uncertainty that this piece of shit might still win it.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing it from the outside, it's really incredible that he still has a chance.

Oct 27, 2017
Everything that's needed to be said about America has been said loud and clear for a while now

Unfortunately the people that are listening to that message aren't Americans.

Mar 30, 2019
Well, it wouldn't look good, but I'm mostly disinterested in such a question because there will always be problems in this country. It just becomes that much more difficult to deal with in that case.

Will it feel and be more dangerous at an individual level? I'm sure it will, but I also refuse to change how I conduct myself. No amount of bullying and lies will ever change that.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Nothing that wasn't already known, and nothing that people of color (particularly Black people), have been saying about this country for generations. Only it will no longer be as hidden and downplayed as it's been the past 40 years.

While, yes, the voting system is busted, but what's more busted is the fact that our country is built on principals of slavery and oppression. It's baked into the DNA of this place. It permeates every facet of it, from governmental, to judicial, to social, to economical. A broken electoral system isn't the root, it's a symptom.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
It says the electoral college should have been abolished decades ago. It's very existence is an affront to democracy.

Last edited:

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He still has a chance? WTF Americans?

At least here in the Philippines, people are finally realizing how shitty Duterte really is regardless of what the survey says.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
He still has a chance? WTF Americans?

At least here in the Philippines, people are finally realizing how shitty Duterte really is regardless of what the survey says.
Oh, that's good news for the Phillippines. I haven't been keeping up with that situation, hope things turn for the better there.