• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
You were fucking other countries long before Trump got elected. So, it says nothing.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It's not like a Biden win will erase all of your problems.

Off the top of my head:

- ICE + detention centers (aka prison camps)
- Electoral College
- COVID-19 response
- Middle-class struggles (i.e. disappearing)
- Healthcare
- International image tarnished for generations
- Right-wing media out of control (like Fox News)

And much, much more. Of course I want Democrats to sweep as much as they can, but the damage from Republicans will be felt for years. Then in 2024 they'll be saying it's all because of Democrats the economy tanked, 100,000+ deaths, etc.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
He already won the first time and it confirmed everything I already thought about the U.S.

Save for the couple million unfortunate souls living mostly in cities and elsewhere who know better or suffer under the boot of the others, we're an uncultured pig empire who deserve to be toppled as global hegemon. Just an embarrassing Cheesecake Factory oaf brigade of strip mall shitheads. No one should respect us.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
A Biden win isn't some magic thing that changes us from a failed state to normal. We still have a large population of dangerous, hateful cult members running us into the ground.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't say anything about America if Biden wins. We're just tired of this shit.

We're still the same country.

Oct 26, 2017
Even his first win was won on a campaign of hate, bigotry, fear and racism. His campaign uncovered just how many degenerates there are in the US. Anyone even jokingly voting for such a campaign is a vile, cruel and base creature.
This is still true even if Biden wins. Hell, without the pandemic Trump would breeze to re-election. Now there's at least a chance for 4 years of repairs.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that after four years of his absolute corruption, lawlessness, disgusting behavior, and incompetence he is even above single digits in approval in every state and has a legitimate chance of winning is absolutely disgusting and an indictment of our entire country and educational system.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
If Biden wins: The country is fundamentally broken and needs to be fixed on every level.
If Trump wins again: It can't be fixed, sorry.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
That it would rather burn itself to the ground than let certain people live their lives in peace.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
That this stupid country gets what it deserves and i hope i can find someone in New Zealand to either adopt/marry me

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
America will never have an actual democracy unless you get rid of the electoral college . I first heard about when trump got elected and i couldn't believe how absurd it is. All votes should be equal , period.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
If Biden wins: The country is fundamentally broken and needs to be fixed on every level.
If Trump wins again: It can't be fixed, sorry.

I think this post is right. 2016 proved our country and election systems are totally broken, but at least if Biden wins we can get onto the path of fixing it.

If Trump wins again in spite of everything, we're past the veil and beyond redemption.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
They need the FCC to bring back the fairness doctrine and then expand it to all news on cable, radio, and social media.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Basically that the systems (societal contract, guards against racism and voter suppression and wealth inequality, education, rule of law, democracy) are irreversibly broken instead of ranging from in need of repair to bleeding out. Pax Americana will be on the descent for certain, if it isn't already slowly.

Good thing we can START to fix that this week. Education, law reform and application, and consistent, voluminous engagement in democracy is the only thing that can start to wash this away. It'll take time but it can be done.

Starts with clearing out the Nazis again.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Nothing we didn't already know

Exactly. Especially considering he already won once, and that even after everything he's done, he still has absolutely unreasonable amounts of support. Biden winning isn't going to erase these facts. Trump winning would of course be disastrous, but doesn't shine a light on any aspect of the system's brokenness that was hitherto unexplored.

Litigator

Oct 31, 2017
That half the population on the country are decent people and the other half of the population are either dumb, foolish, gullible, self-destructive, disgusting, or a combination of all four. But his first election already confirmed that. A re-election just confirms that hasn't changed.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
A sizable portion of Republican voters are not conniving, evil villains of course. They are simply misguided. But the near entirety of the people leading them, the people who truly determine what the country is, are fully aware of what they are doing.

I disagree, that would love nothing more than a strong man Dictator which is evil

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
America is already beyond hope with over 40%+ of the country wanting Trump back, despite the completely failed response to COVID, handing over trillions to megacorps and billionaires, locking up and killing kids, accelerating climate change, an extremely dangerous foreign policy, inept and useless domestic policy, corruption, bribery, impeachment etc.

If Trump wins it just means that nut jobs have completely taken over and hold the majority hostage. Probably nothing short of civil unrest will be able to loosen their grip.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
That it's even close says enough as it is. If Trump wins, though... We are the rising fascist state of the world, and in history books the conditions for our rise of authoritarian dictatorship will be extremely obvious, so that future generations won't have to say "wow okay I didn't realize I was in nazi germany", they'll say something like "wow okay I didn't realize I was in Trump's America."

If Trump wins I really do think it's pretty much over in America.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
That it's even close says enough as it is. If Trump wins, though... We are the rising fascist state of the world, and in history books the conditions for our rise of authoritarian dictatorship will be extremely obvious, so that future generations won't have to say "wow okay I didn't realize I was in nazi germany", they'll say something like "wow okay I didn't realize I was in Trump's America."

If Trump wins I really do think it's pretty much over in America.

This. I agree.

Sun-Squirrel

Sep 25, 2020
Dundee
On the topic of climate change, that we only have 10 years left to change course on climate change/ problems is bad in and of itself. If Trump is re-elected as the leader of the free world again I think any chance we have to fix anything regarding the environment within this time span is non existent and humanity is more or less fucked.

On the topic of race, people of colour are already treated very poorly in America and Trump has emboldened white nationalists/ supremacists, another 4 years of him in charge will see this accelerate with the outcome being bad leading to more conflict and an explosion of racism.

A wide variety of other problems that Trump is incapable of fixing such as international relations and woman's rights will not see any positive progress, all in all if America re-elects Trump this week I think we are seeing democracy dissolving in real time and the country is a lost cause.

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I told my wife if he wins I'm changing my last name and divorcing myself from my Trump loving family....she doesn't believe me but I'm actually gonna do it.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I'll never understand the "we deserve it" sentiment.

I've spent the last 5 years hating Trump and his administration with the heat of a billion suns.

My wife, family and friends have done just the same. And we all vote accordingly.

None of us deserves anything that comes from that toxic fuck.

Hey Im not an expert,

But maybe all your hate is what makes him so popular with the other guys?

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
It means democracy works only if everyone votes, the majority wins but cares for the minority as well.

the experiment was starting to fail when money and wealth mattered more than the well being of the people.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
If Trump wins, what does that say about America?

That

tdInmpR.jpg

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I think it already says a lot that it's even a consideration that he might win. There were already so many issues well before his presidency, it just made things more apparent.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it means that ten of millions of uneducated white folk (and some others) are fully on-board with a return to 1950s jim crow america. to them, america is a white nation and they want to keep it that way.

all this out-right racism might look mighty weird to us young folk (which it is) but for people who are 50/60-plus and older, like trump, they still remember an america when separate but equal was a thing and most immigrants were european. this influx of brown folk from all over the world is scary and a trump victory would be a scary thing for any person of color in trump's america.

of course, this is all still true without a trump victory. and these uneducated white men remain a scourge in america. an impediment to any real progress in the 21st century and beyond.

Last edited: