• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

If Trump loses, will you try to reconcile?

• Yes.

Votes: 39 3.1%
  • Yes, but only if they recognize their mistakes

Votes: 155 12.1%
  • Yes, but only if they take the first step

Votes: 121 9.5%
  • I tried, but it's a lost cause

Votes: 106 8.3%
  • No. After everything, I don't want these people in my life anymore.

Votes: 959 75.0%

• Total voters

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
FUCK NO.

I've been trying to cut these people out of my life for years, now I have a big ass sword to do it with.

Sadsic

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
if anything im probably just going to point and laugh at them even more, although i don't usually cut people out of my life for having shitty political opinions

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I'm not interested in trying to mend fences with monsters and bigots. If they want to make changes in their lives to open themselves to other people, then that's fine, but it's all on them. It's not my problem to make inroads with them.

The ideology these people subscribe to is inherently selfish and toxic, and the fact that they're losing connections with family members and friends is entirely their fault.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I'm a no until they come groveling at my family's feet. And even then, they will need to walk the walk to prove their evolution into a not shitty human.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Yes but only because I'd rather not be absent from my nephews/neices lives if I can help it. But if they double down then I'm outie.

At this point I am working on coming to terms with the fact that I may no longer have a functioning relationship with my father and sister. Only family I will have left is an aunt/uncle and 2 cousins.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
It's so hard to know for sure. Some of my extended family on places like FB which I only use for direct family and very close friends, have become insufferable in their pro-Trump discussions. Starting discussions from a very sided perspective which I have no desire to engage. And yet, they're family and outside of this political discussion I love them very much and prior to 2016 never had a single beef with them.

So it's hard to say I'd ever permanently write them off and not want to have anything to do with them... but it's crossed my mind multiple times. If I knew we could still all get together and NOT talk about it, I'd really have no problem. I'm not saying that I would in any way accept their beliefs, but I'm not to the point where I'd disown them because of it. Now if they actively did things like were involved in violent protests, etc., that would def change my mind I think. Luckily that's not been the case (that I'm aware of).

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
It's probably not worth the effort, but I can't not try to open their eyes to the insanity. That being said, I'll work with them to help them see how they are wrong, but I won't reconcile with them until they admit it.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Why would I want to be associated with nazis and killers? Don't care who it is.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Thankfully, my family members who voted for him in 2016 saw the error of their choice and are voting for Biden. I'm sure they will vote republican in 2024, but that's whatever. They figured it out that at the very least Trump and his admin are idiots.

All of my 'friends' who voted for him and are still supporters I cut out of my life to the point of removing them from my phone contacts. I have no idea what they are doing and, quite frankly, don't give a damn.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm lucky enough to where people I know who are Trump supporters I either don't see often or barely talk to at all to begin with. So I never had to cut anyone out of my life since they were already irrelevant to me and will continue to be.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That is going to depend entirely on them.

If they grow as a person then sure why not.

But I don't want to hear some empty bullshit. Its going to be hard to trust them, at least for me.

Oct 25, 2017
nope. I will thank them for exposing their true feelings. See: my elderly next door neighbors who are more than happy to live off of their pensions decades ago and fly their trump signs because they got theirs.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i'm sure they'll lay off the q anon bath salts just in time for thanksgiving

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Try to, no. But open to it, yeah. Anyone can change for the better, and if they can prove they have done so with meaningful words and actions then I'll give them a chance. I've had people do it for me.

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no, I block all communication with them. Really, they can fuck off. I won't even gloat about it to them after the fact. I give zero fucks what they think or say.

TuneTuneGuy

Mar 11, 2020
Trump has made some of my friends miserable angry hateful people. I don't know if they could come back to people I'd even want to go out of my way to experience. I understand I live in kentucky but there's a difference between "keeping coal going" and just blaming everyone else for your own issues and sulking about it.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thankfully am not around the Trump supporting family members but I lost tremendous respect for all of them and will probably not remain civil if they dare bring up politics around me again. I have even less respect for the Black Trump supporters in my family than the white racist ones. They are in swing states and tapdancing away to the polls to vote Trump.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I've only had family decide to cut me off because I was starting to prove their bullshit wrong after the election. They decided to then ignore me in person at a family event too.

They can honestly go fuck themselves. I already decided I'm not going to their funerals even if my mom asks me to. They don't get to decide they were wrong and want to make up 4 years later after losing an election because Trump winning wouldn't change their minds. Racist fucks can go to hell.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

I broke silence with my folks to warn them about COVID-19 when the pandemic started and to not listen to Fox News because the fucking assholes on the channel at the time were saying it wasn't a big deal. They responded with "we wouldn't tell you if one of us died from it." so yeah, fun shit.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
as a matter of fact im waiting for a biden win to remove/block some once and for all. was going to in 2016 but decided to leave them be so i can get a glimpse into their reality. like the post above said, this has been building for quite some time, the trump presidency just made it a point of no return

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From a UK perspective, knowing people voted Brexit, it's honestly hard to move past it if the topic or related shit attitude in politics and general opinion is brought up. I haven't cut anyone out as they aren't off the deep end but some suspect attitudes and idiocy, it's a bit blood boiling thinking about it generally. I dunno, think I'm too nice.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, fuck em. They were shitty before Trump came along. He just gave them the confidence to pull the mask off.
Exactly. The onus shouldn't be on the ones who didn't support this shit to reach out and basically let them off the hook for supporting fascism and being the worst version of themselves. These things have consequences. This isn't a game. It's not "difference of opinions". So much suffering these last few years and some of them not only chose to turn a blind eye, but gleefully revel in it. That's not something I could ever forget.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going out of my way to support anyone who stayed with Trump all the way to the bitter end. It will take marked effort to claw back even a shred of respect from me, and I'm not going to go looking for it.

When someone shows you who they really are, believe them.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Exactly. The onus shouldn't be on the ones who didn't support this shit to reach out and basically let them off the hook for supporting fascism and being the worst version of themselves. These things have consequences.

Yup.

To sort of add onto this, even if a family member or friend reached out to reconcile, I'd just tell them that the best way they can make up for their shitty behavior is to get more educated, listen to more marginalized voices, and treat the people in the family/friend group that do still talk to them with respect. But our relationship is over.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
as a matter of fact im waiting for a biden win to remove/block some once and for all. was going to in 2016 but decided to leave them be so i can get a glimpse into their reality
Pro tip, remove your Facebook completely and you figure out who actually matters in your life. Anyone that was Pro-Trump on my timeline were people I was only tangentially connected to, and I never think about them now with Facebook not there to shove it in my face.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Lol naaaah. Come back to me when you get some sense and show me you are a better person. Otherwise don't show your face and go fuck yourself.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Thankfully, I only had to cut off a couple people, and they were both just passing acquaintances. Fully expendable.
Fuck 'em.
My personal social circles are filled with fellow pinko commie leftists and other various liberal scum ☮
My parents grew up in 1950s Alabama... so my family knows what's up.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't just get to drop Trump and go back to normal after he's out of presidency. You have to atone for what you did. You need to work actively to make our country a better place.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I've already severed ties with anyone outside my family whom I know to be a Trump supporter. If it's on social media, I just cut them from Facebook or unfollowed on Twitter.

I have plenty of great friends already and don't need the dead weight of a Trump supporter's "friendship."

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone I cut out of my life years ago wound up being Trump supporters.

So, this was already in the stars for me.

They're already gone.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting into a lot more shouting matches with my parents as of late, who want to vote for Trump SOLELY because of taxes. It's such a greedy, shitty reason to vote for him that I'm having trouble reconciling it. Like. I can't.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'm thankful I haven't cut anyone from my family as far as I'm aware.

But yeah, fuck no! I have no room for forgiveness for racist assholes! I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if Trump supporters have learned 4 years later that he simply isn't fit for office. But I'm pretty certain a significant amount of people still blindly support Trump!

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Not fucking even.

What Trump is, is apparent to a mildly conscious 5 year old. There's something wrong with your brain if you can't see it or be concerned about it. A stain that will never wash off. And double fuck anyone voting for him this election after the past 4 years.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I feel incredibly lucky. I do not have a single close friend or family member that is a fan of Trump.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I don't know any Trump fans so haven't had to cut anyone out but if I did why would I reconcile just because he lost? It's not like they're magically going to realize they're racist trash.