• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Being able to heal off of food so that I could eat whatever garbage I want without worrying about my health. I can be in peak shape and health while eating only fast food and candy and soda and shit

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Game characters almost never need to sleep. They can go on forever and they seem to just get stronger and stronger even with no rest. I would choose that power.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Chapter select.

Would love to go back to the late 90s - early 00s and play N64 games with my high school friends again whenever I wanted.

Alternatively: New Game Plus. Starting a new life with everything I've earned/learned in all past lives would be crazy

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
How was extra lives not the first response? Lol

Save scumming is also great.

Hmmm... many lives or one perfect run? 🤔

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
If save/reload is too broad and too much the obvious answer...

Probably the ability to find significant amounts of money just laying around or for performing trivial errands.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Nothing beats time control.
Seriously. Thank you for this lol. Rewind time, of course. But even just pause or slow time while moving at full (or controllable) speed. I think that's true even if you continue to age/can't control your own age. It's just such a shortcut to some of the most awesome powers/abilities in existence. Time travel ain't bad either, but not as good.

Honorable mentions: Skill respecs - being able to do something new whenever I need to. Or to up my focus or focus on my ups as the case may demand.
Teleports - Large scale fast travel is cool, but I'm thinking just local hops would already be awesome.

(Save scumming seems good - but remember that hardware memory is frozen, then recalled. If you don't remember what you were doing.. what's the point? lol. You've imprisoned yourself in a time loop of your own making.) New Game + is an inspired answer to this haha.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I'll go in a different direction. Crafting, Imagine the stuff you could make and potentially live off the profits just by banging some materials together and its magically crafted into the item you want.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go in a different direction. Crafting, Imagine the stuff you could make and potentially live off the profits just by banging some materials together and its magically crafted into the item you want.
Yeah my first thought was gathering. In a lot of games you could be rich just by walking around a forest and picking up rocks and mushrooms that are just lying around everywhere. That would be a good life.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Yeah my first thought was gathering. In a lot of games you could be rich just by walking around a forest and picking up rocks and mushrooms that are just lying around everywhere. That would be a good life.
Thats also a good one, especially if you have the ability to turn a stack of a lesser item into a better one.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I want to say respawns, but I'm not sure how that works with aging. Do I just respawn everytime I die? At a set age, or to my previous save state? When I reach old age and die, do I just respawn and die, over and over again, inexplicably until nothing remains but bones and dust?

This is a heavy question.
Destiny Ghost resurrects you to a previous state, gear and all.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
All I can imagine is second guessing every decision in my life. Reload cause I want corn flakes instead of cheerios. Reload cause that goodbye was a bit awkward. Reload because maybe I should've asked for extra guac. Reload cause do I really want to go to the movies. Reload cause I shouldn't have spent $ on extra guac.

Sounds like torture.

Is that what you do in games?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely save and load.

If that's too easy, I want a Deus Ex CASIE UI whenever I talk to someone.

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
Is that what you do in games?
No…. but in real life I don't face armed bosses that will literally kill me. And games are far more linear than life, even an open world game. When do you "fail" in life? Sure, doing poorly/well in an interview might be nice for save states, but you have to wonder if the opportunity will make you second guess a lot of other things too. Stuff we normally don't worry about because it can't be changed.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nearly infinite inventory pocket system. I can carry my entire stuff in my house right along with me without even noticing I have it.