• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Let's say all barriers to emigrating to all countries were removed and you could both travel and live in anywhere without restriction, minus the need to pay for a move and the obvious need to support yourself somehow once you were in that country. Would you move to a different country you're currently living in, and if so, where and why?

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
New Zealand for me, assuming the current political climate in the UK hadn't changed. Similar climate to the UK, but much cooler scenery, and a much nicer Prime Minister!

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I live in Denmark, and I don't really see any place I couldn't live already if I wanted to.

I'd much rather stay here though.

Oct 27, 2017
If that actually happened I'd have to wait and see what each country would be like after any initial migration patterns settled. Someplace I may want to live now, may be overcrowded in that scenario, for example.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Probably Canada as most similar to the UK (just a colder winter though). Or if I learned some Spanish likely some Spanish Island (especially if I didn't have to worry about money).

Oct 26, 2017
I'll wait out everyone overflowing the most desireable countries and turning them into a hellscape and then move somewhere else. Maybe something like Chile or Argentina.

If we're counting out the effects of mass migration then I'd be just fine staying in the netherlands, though I would consider finland.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably southern Nova Scotia then. It's cooler than where I live now yet not inhospitable in winter. Plus I don't have to learn another language and I would be out in the country for the most part. Great coastal scenery plus I could still be in reach of a big city like Halifax if I needed something. And my favorite sport is hockey, so I would be in the right country to be immersed in it.

Oct 30, 2017
New Zealand (South Island)

Less densely populated

Nice large open walking areas

Fantastic Scenery

A climate I can tolerate/enjoy

As is I'm settling for Scotland

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Assuming I had the money, I'd most likely just travel a lot. Stay in a place six months or so before moving on until I got tired of exploring the world and other cultures first hand.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't change a lot for me, as the answer is Portugal, where, as a EU citizen, I already can live without issue.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I mean, there already are open global borders if you're rich, and if you aren't rich, how well can you afford to up and move to anywhere you want, anyway?

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, there already are open global borders if you're rich, and if you aren't rich, how well can you afford to up and move to anywhere you want, anyway?
You could move places and maybe find menial work or something yet in reality not be able to fill a visa requirement or something.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I would travel several times a year depending on weather, job opportunities and mood. Anchor place is where I am now though.

Dec 31, 2017
I'd still probably want to stay in NYC as a permanent base.

But would love to do temporary stints in Japan and Australia/NZ. But in reality it's not the border that are preventing me from doing this, it's more career path/personal life.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Probably southern Nova Scotia then. It's cooler than where I live now yet not inhospitable in winter. Plus I don't have to learn another language and I would be out in the country for the most part. Great coastal scenery plus I could still be in reach of a big city like Halifax if I needed something. And my favorite sport is hockey, so I would be in the right country to be immersed in it.
Not a bad answer honestly. I love Halifax.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I love Vienna and I'd most likely stay here, but I can see myself giving Vancouver a try. Assuming I had a place and a job, obviously.