• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This morning I read what I thought was an interesting (if melodramatic) post on the AC sub Reddit about how FROM's mega project being real and coming out just after GOT's cultural explosion is gonna make AC Ragnarok look laughable in comparison.

Now that we know that the Rome game WAS in development but was scrapped due to its fanservicey nature and it's supposed sameness compared to the ACOs, it feels that in retrospect, narrative integrity and supposed fanservice would had been prefereable to chasing pop culture trends.
You know why's that?
Nothing and absolutely nothing Ubisoft can make will be able to compete in either gameplay, writing, or just sheer attention with the upcoming and confirmed Nordic themed videogame from gaming's hottest hardcore studio (FROM) AND the world's biggest phenomenon's (GOT) father.
Ubisoft would have been better served by making the safe Bayek sequel, that by all refinements of the time would have certainly been the best AC yet anyways, would have pleased fans with a lore dump and would have carved its own niche instead of "that one samey game that Ubisoft released at the same time with FROM and LOL".
The fans wanted the sequel. The actors wanted the sequel. The directors wanted the sequel. Even the god-damned producers thought the story had potential. But they just HAD to listen to the focus marketing groups of people that liked God of War, GOT, Skyrim, Thor and Vikings. Which other way are they going to maximize the microtransaction potential? Making the best AC ever in an iconic setting tying up the story from the two.most successful and beloved games in a decade? Impossible.
Now let's just wait and laugh at how the clown shoes will be worn in a year when FROM's dream game is gonna swipe on more or less every metric while AC is gonna be mocked to hell and back and will probably cause a sales lump, again, that is gonna trigger another reboot.

And I somewhat agree? I don't really think Ubisoft can compete in any way against FROM's and RR Martin's monster upcoming game.

The Rome game being cancelled for being fanservice-y and same-y was a bad choice, because in the end the group of people who want "better Odyssey-Origins sequel" might be bigger than the ones preferring "cookie cutter Ubisoft RPG over FROMs and GOT-father's Magnus opus".

Agree or disagree?

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Every developer and publisher on earth should just shut down since they can't compete with From.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, what? Why Isn't FromSoft that messed up?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
If FROM's RPG is a "hard" game like the Souls series, I'd much rather play AC. Haven't been into any of their games since Lost Kingdoms. We have plenty of games that take place in somewhat generic European fantasy settings, I think there's more than enough room for two viking games.

Oct 28, 2017
This is such a dumb question. The two games can exist beside each other. Ubisoft and FROM take such a hugely different approach to game design, storytelling, graphics, everything.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
First of all, nothing in this post is confirmed, either the Norse FROM game or whatever the new AC will be (but AC use to leak every year a few weeks before E3, so who knows).

I ask: Will a new AC ambiented in Japan fail because of Sekiro? I don't think so, and Sekiro has stealth mechanics making it closer to AC.

So really different games for different people, Ubisoft will sell more AC than any game FROM makes, so they can and will compete no problem.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
thinking that ubisoft is in any way threatened by from software's next game is very good. solid joke. 10/10

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
I assumed that Rome would be the setting used by the assassin creed odyssey team. So to me it makes sense that the origin's team would choose something more random.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From fans spend too much time sniffing their own farts. Go outside bruh. Ubi games sell far more than From games ever will. It'll be fine.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a FROM fan, this is stupid, AC shines in diferent areas than FROM games, one will not kill the other. There's no way FROM can achieve the detail of the open world as AC games have, for example.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'd have preferred Rome.

Still looking forward to more Assassins Creed though.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yves literally can't sleep now because of the nightmares of having to go up against FROM's game.

He is quaking in his boots I tells ya.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Wowza. Writing off the new AC game before they even release ANYTHING about it. Some of y'all are weird af

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a reminder, a single Assassin's Creed game outsells the entire Dark Souls series put together.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is rather wild conjecture, based on what are still unconfirmed rumours. Let's not do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.