• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fallout New Vegas and the ME Trilogy as enhanced 360 games would be awesome.

Didn't think of it until someone mentioned in this thread, but it would be awesome if the next Xbox auto enhances 360 games like the X does to OG Xbox games now.
There are improvements made with BC on Xbox One and X but they don't auto enhance if you mean increasing the resolution to a higher multiple. Enhancements are done through a thorough process of applying the Heutchy method and testing.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So you're saying the Xbox One X plays Xbox One games similar to how Xbox One plays Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games? I have seen nothing remotely suggesting this. Yet alone anything suggesting the Xbox Series X will be playing Xbox One games like the Xbox One plays Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games. There has been no REASON given for me to believe this yet alone The Heutchy method being applied to the EMULATOR of Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games on Xbox One can somehow be applied to Xbox Series X playing Xbox One games. I would love to be wrong but I have yet to read or see anything saying otherwise.

Lord knows I would love Xbox One games to be enhanced on Xbox Series X. LOL

360 games access the Xbox One Hardare via an emulation layer.
Xbox One games work in the same way via virtulisation.

Neither type of game directly accesses hardware, rather they speak to one of the 3 OS's the machine has and that accesses hardware on their behalf (this is how the Xbox one X can run Xbox One games, despite having an entirely different memory architecture)

For the sake of ease you can think of these as the same thing.

The Heutchy method increases the resolution by having the OS which talks to the GPU ignore the request from the game for the specific resolution and instead uses one 3x that request.

I have 0 doubt could be applied to Xbox One games on XSX with the same testing procedure they went through with 360 games.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Culdcept Saga
Last Remenent
Ressoance of Fate (last two have PS4 releases but not on Xbox One)
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Scott Pilgrim
Fable Lost Age (original Fable on Xbox is BC but not the Lost Age expansion)

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
360 games access the Xbox One Hardare via an emulation layer.
Xbox One games work in the same way via virtulisation.

Neither type of game directly accesses hardware, rather they speak to one of the 3 OS's the machine has and that accesses hardware on their behalf (this is how the Xbox one X can run Xbox One games, despite having an entirely different memory architecture)

For the sake of ease you can think of these as the same thing.

The Heutchy method increases the resolution by having the OS ignore the request from the game to and instead using one 3x that request.

I have 0 doubt could be applied to Xbox One games on XSX with the same testing procedure they went through with 360 games.
You likely have a better understanding of it than I do, but I'm still highly skeptical the Heutchy method could be applied to XSX playing Xbox One games but I really hope you're right because that would be a game changer for XSX.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Are these working?
Dead or Alive 3
Rallisport Challenge
Rallisport Challenge 2
Top Spin 4

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are these working?
Dead or Alive 3
Rallisport Challenge
Rallisport Challenge 2
Top Spin 4
Licensing would be the biggest things holding all those games back. Dead or Alive 3 is likely the only one that can reasonably get resolved the easiest as it only has 3 licensed songs from Aerosmith.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Svr2007 and 2014(2010,12,13 if possible).
Raging blast 2
Shift 2
Budokai remasters
Pro skater 3-thug
Halo CE
Deception
Shaolin monks
(I owned a lot of these on ps2 and am assuming it's on og Xbox).

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Licensing would be the biggest things holding all those games back. Dead or Alive 3 is likely the only one that can reasonably get resolved the easiest as it only has 3 licensed songs from Aerosmith.
Ah that's too bad, seems weird but I'm guessing this is an issue because the emulators are tailor-made for each game?

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah that's too bad, seems weird but I'm guessing this is an issue because the emulators are tailor-made for each game?
Given how far they've advanced Xbox 360 and OG Xbox emulation it's likely the only thing holding those games back is unfortunately licensing and publisher approval and nothing technical.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Arkham Origins needs to be X enhanced to 4k and Arkham Origins needs to listed on the Xbox marketplace so a digital version can be purchased.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Here are some I'd love to see added. I don't care about enhancements over just getting the base game playable.

OG Xbox:
1. JSRF
2. Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
3. Midtown Madness 3
4. Wreckless: The Yakuza MIssions
5. Brute Force
6. Burnout 2
7. Burnout 3

360:
1. Resonance of Fate
2. PGR4
3. PGR3
4. Test Drive Unlimited
5. Beautiful Katamari
6. Tenchu-Z
7. Simpsons Hit and Run

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited to see what the BC team does with Series X. They're one of the most talented teams in the industry.
Agreed.
I will only buy Xbox Series X when Blur is available.

Not before.
I'll buy a Series X immediately if you make the Project Gotham Racing games available.
tony hawk

for the love of god i just want tony hawk
Unfortunately licensing is likely to prevent these games from ever becoming BC but maybe they might find away to allow it only if you use the discs.

Nov 28, 2017
OG
007: Nightfire
007: Agent Under Fire
007: Everything or Nothing
007: From Russia With Love
50 Cent: Bulletproof
TimeSplitters 2
Sims: Bustin Out
Mortal Kombat: Deception
NFL 2K5
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
True Crime: Streets of LA
Def Jam: Fight for NY
NBA STREET VOLUME 2
The Suffering: Ties That Bind
The Warrior

All-Pro Football 2K8
NBA Street Homecourt
Beautiful Katamari
Max Payne 3
Blur
PURE
FUEL
James Bond 007: Blood Stone
WET
John Woo: Stranglehold
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
Space Marine
Binary Domain
Alpha Protocol
Nier
Outrun 2
After Burner Climax
Hunted: The Demon's Forge
Dark Souls 2 (I have some cool characters that I never remade in Scholar)
Alien Breed trilogy
Burnout 3
Ninja Blade
Otogi 1 and 2
Dark Sector

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that for any of the games I actually want, I'd rather have a full remastered re-release.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is that for any of the games I actually want, I'd rather have a full remastered re-release.
Don't we all, but a lot of these games will never happen for various reasons. Ideally I'd like access to both: a game made BC and enhanced, and a full remastered re-release.

For instance if BC 360 Bayonetta was X enhanced at 4k, It will still be the best console version of the game despite a remastered version recently cane out that's Pro/X enhanced at 1440p on modern consoles.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
EL SHADDAI AND NIER
EL SHADDAI AND NIER
EL SHADDAI AND NIER

Neither game has any way of playing it in HD. People need to be able to play the first NieR on the same system as the sequel, and El Shaddai is cruelly suck behind that low res.