• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Gears of War Judgment, I remember that being a real looker and a resolution bump would probably do it wonders.

Or better yet, give us a full Gears collection on PC.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Lollipop Chainsaw and basically any games that are "stuck" on 6th/7th gen hardware.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Halo: Combat Evolved to get a X Series Enhancement update since the MCC version is a mess due to using the Pc version

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo: Combat Evolved to get a X Series Enhancement update since the MCC version is a mess due to using the Pc version
I definitely could see OG Xbox Halo: CE and Halo 2 become BC just for preservation purposes.

Another OG Xbox game that would benefit from BC is Gunvalkyrie. Although I've never played it, the biggest criticism I kept hearing about was the controls. If it becomes BC, the Xbox Accessories app will allow players to make specific button profile for this game to control better.

Oct 27, 2017
It'll never happen because of licensing but Beatles RockBand and Guitar Hero 3 are the only reasons I still keep a 360. Sad that as amazing as Beatles Rb is that it'll eventually be lost due to being left behind, stuck on ancient HW. Made me realize that ensuring compatibility with previous gens is so very important.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Some games I would really like to see come forward are Raiden Fighter Aces and Syberia 2, mainly because there are other games from those series that are playable on the "new side."

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
All the answers in here are wrong I'm afraid.

The correct answer that everyone can agree on is all the Virtua Tennis and Top Spin games.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the answers in here are wrong I'm afraid.

The correct answer that everyone can agree on is all the Virtua Tennis and Top Spin games.
Unlikely to happen due to licenses.
Max Payne 3 at 60fps please. Oh and get rid of those cutscenes while you're at it, especially since it will be on SSD.
What you want is a remaster on modern consoles. There's no way the BC team could increase the framerate past what it was coded at on Xbox 360 or change the ability to skip cutscenes.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'd like for some Xbox One games to get enhancements, let's double the res on Ryse, Sunset Overdrive and a few others that didn't make it into X enhanced land

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yes, pls inform Crytek that they should patch Ryse...

If the team finds a way to enhance OG Xbox One games without developer input we should be happy to get games enhanced like Sunset Overdrive and Ryse.
If by enhanced you mean increasing the resolution past what it was coded at, then no they can't do that to Xbox One games.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Just looking through the page 1 answers, I think an upgrade to Max Payne 3 would make me go back and finally finish that game.

I enjoyed it whilst playing, not sure why I stopped but I assume life got in the way.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.

And it sucks. I just want a good tennis game on current gen. There literally isn't a single good tennis game on current gen. I am about to get desperate and buy AO tennis 2.
Yeah it would be awesome if the industry could come together for non profit preservation purposes and figure out a way to extend licenses cheaply for older games so they can be resold for a long time. I remember I used to love Virtua Tennis.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
The only game I really wanted is Burnout 3. I always felt it was strange that it wasn't emulated as Revenge was and 3 was still avaible for purchase digitally.
(I guess I sort of want Kung fu Chaos - mostly for nostalgic reasons).

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I definitely don't think Series X is emulating Xbox One games. Same way PS5 isn't emulating PS4 games. Hence them guaranteeing 100% BC for next gen.

Xbox One X is already "emulating" hardware components of the OG/s. I expect at some point they will do the same method of adjusting resolution at the API level for certain games , because they now have the overhead to do so

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One X is already "emulating" hardware components of the OG/s. I expect at some point they will do the same method of adjusting resolution at the API level for certain games , because they now have the overhead to do so
OK? The Xbox One X nor the PS4 Pro aren't emulating Xbox One and Ps4 games. I don't even get how you think the emulation of Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games on Xbox One and The Heutchy method being applied there will in some way be similar to Xbox One games playing on Series X.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
OK? The Xbox One X nor the PS4 Pro aren't emulating Xbox One and Ps4 games. I don't even get how you think the emulation of Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games on Xbox One and The Heutchy method being applied there will in some way be similar to Xbox One games playing on Series X.

You've been very quick to disagree , but have not given any reasons for why you believe this to be the case.
There is no reason why the Heutchy method cannot be deployed on a virtualised title.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fallout New Vegas and the ME Trilogy as enhanced 360 games would be awesome.

Didn't think of it until someone mentioned in this thread, but it would be awesome if the next Xbox auto enhances 360 games like the X does to OG Xbox games now.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly I would love to see all the 360 games get the 4k enhancement in the emulator just like how all OG Xbox games get a resolution boost, but also I think its equal amounts probable and improbable.
For games I want playable in general here goes:

- Nier
- Ridge Racer 6
- OG Xbox Doom 3
- Castlevania Curse of Darkness
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- Call of Duty Finest Hour
- Dead Rising 1 and 2
- Dead Island
- Dishonored
- Arkham Asylum/City
- Lollipop Chainsaw
- Spider-Man 2
- The 360 era Lego games that are yet to make it over (like Marvel Superheroes)
- Skyrim
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Halo CE and Halo 2
- All the old Ghost Recon games, by far.
- Castleminer Z (yes I know that game sucks, but I think it would be fun to get on that with my old friends again)

Side note, I'm honestly impressed with how many games I own that are backwards compatible, to make the second half of this list really took some thinking about games I would like to be able to play for the first time

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill 2! It's getting lost to history because Konami sucks HARRDDD. The HD version is a travesty and Xbox's upgrade to the OG version SHOULD keep the charm intact rather than the HD Collection which is currently the only way to play the game
61MbNic8xGL._SY606_.jpg

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You've been very quick to disagree , but have not given any reasons for why you believe this to be the case.
There is no reason why the Heutchy method cannot be deployed on a virtualised title.
So you're saying the Xbox One X plays Xbox One games similar to how Xbox One plays Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games? I have seen nothing remotely suggesting this. Yet alone anything suggesting the Xbox Series X will be playing Xbox One games like the Xbox One plays Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games. There has been no REASON given for me to believe this yet alone The Heutchy method being applied to the EMULATOR of Xbox 360 and OG Xbox games on Xbox One can somehow be applied to Xbox Series X playing Xbox One games. I would love to be wrong but I have yet to read or see anything saying otherwise.

Lord knows I would love Xbox One games to be enhanced on Xbox Series X. LOL

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
- rez hd x enhanced 4k60 please!
- plus under defeat hd
vf5fs x enhanced 4k60
- and cvs2 from og.

thank you, thank you, thank you