• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

And that's the end of the thread.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
The God Of War reveal won't ever not hype me. With the orchestra opening, it was just perfect.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the strange thing about the $599 moment everyone remembers is that there was a cheaper PS3 available! That was not the base price of the console. Shows what a mess up it was.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I still can't believe Sony went from selling tickets to show their press conference in movie theaters to just not bothering to do a press conference at all in such a short amount of time.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: inappropriate language
the strange thing about the $599 moment everyone remembers is that there was a cheaper PS3 available! That was not the base price of the console. Shows what a mess up it was.

Aesthetic differences between systems was so lame, no HDD in 360 tard pack, but also a cheaper looking system to boot. Same with the 20GB PS3.

But in Europe we only got the 599 SKU.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
That time they lied about PS3 visuals and said Killzone 2 was what they showed in the CGI teaser

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understanding people saying 2018 as the worst one. Did y'all not watch other Sony E3 presentations?

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

Do people have a problem with this because they felt it was boring or because it was a white man in a rice hat with a flute.

If the latter, just as an FYI, Cornelius Shinzen Boots (said white guy), is probably the most talented shakuhachi bamboo flutist in the entire world and is wearing period appropriate clothing to Ghost of Tsushima.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
E3 2016 was the best gaming confernece I've ever seen. what a show. Before the show i remember thinking how wack of a year it was at E3 and hoping Sony could save it. Man did they ever. The venue, the orchestra, the games. it was nuts, man.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Do people have a problem with this because they felt it was boring or because it was a white man in a rice hat with a flute.

If the latter, just as an FYI, Cornelius Shinzen Boots (said white guy), is probably the most talented shakuhachi bamboo flutist in the entire world and is wearing period appropriate clothing to Ghost of Tsushima.

An extremely boring and self masturbatory conference.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
For me it will always be 2013 towards the end where Sony threw down the gauntlet regarding used games and always online. That along with $399 won them the gen.
That gave them a launch advantage, ultimately their superior library of games got them the win. U don't sell 100+ mil consoles simply from what you said back in 2013.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to say some awesome game reveal, or something historic, but as it was their last one in 2018 with the weird venue changes mid-press conference, the banjo and flute guys, and the fact that their last year at E3 they showed four games, two of the bigger ones which haven't even come out yet as of Jan 2020.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
That E3 2013 bit was incredible. Best crowd reaction that I can remember. It was significant as well, as we all thought our favorite hobby is about to get a lot worse.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018

Its got nothing to do with Tsushima. About five seconds before this guy they had people at a desk, waffling to kill time whilst the audience moved venues which took like 15 mins, before finally getting the greenlight and saying "Why keep people waiting? We have so more much to cover!"

Hard cut to a dude playing a flute for 5 minutes.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
First one that comes to mind is the Ridge Racer one. I also liked when what's-his-name threw the mic after killing it.

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa wait. I always thought the "get a second job" was just something the community said. Were those words actually said during a presentation?
"During a recent interview with Japanese economic website Toyo Keizai, ever-charming Ken Kutaragi had this to say about Sony's goal for the PS3: "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else.""

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The orchestral cold open to God of War was probably the best E3 announcement of all time. It was constructed so damn well.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The year of dreams
Ridge racer! Riiiiiidgr raaaacer/ giant enemy crabs/ 599 us dollars
The elephant in the room
God of war 2018's orchestral presentation
15 minutes of fucking wonderbook
Charts!
This is how you share games on ps4.
Final fantasy xv and kingdom hearts 3 in 2013

Last edited:

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"During a recent interview with Japanese economic website Toyo Keizai, ever-charming Ken Kutaragi had this to say about Sony's goal for the PS3: "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else.""
Lmao I can't

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
E3 2016, their entire press conference is the stuff of legend. Nothing has come even close. Sony themselves were never able to match it. The perfect pacing, excellent trailers, right amount of talking, no technical issues, perfection.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
299 and 599 as individual moments are both equally amazing for opposite reasons...

But their 2015 and 2016 E3 conferences are probably the ones that stand out as far as complete E3 shows are concerned.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The orchestral cold open to God of War was probably the best E3 announcement of all time. It was constructed so damn well.

It really was.
I think many of us knew it was coming, but it still hit like a damn sledgehammer. Seeing that old, worn face of Kratos for the first time... it was so damn good.

edit: originally a ridiculous number of 'damn's there. That's what I get for having a short conversation with someone in the middle of posting, lol

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Worst 2006: 599 US Giant Enemy Crabs from Ancient Japan. Attack their weak point for massive Riiiiiiiiiidge Racer!

Best 2016: using a live orchestra - wow!

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Famous: 2013, where the PS4 console details took a massive dump on Xbox.
- runner up 2015, where they went insane and dropped The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake, and Shenmue 3 on us. No E3 megaton will ever live up to that again.

Infamous: 2006, where the good will they'd built up from PS2 was ruined in one fell swoop with embarrassment after embarrassment for the PS3.
- runner up 2018, where they had great games to show and were leading the industry, but they got some art house garbage nonsense idea in their head about changing up their conference style, and really dropped the ball with the format for their show.

Of the major players at E3, they can lay claim to the highest highs, as well as a three way tie with Nintendo and MS for the lowest lows. Each company has really had some bad years at the show.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Famous:
2015 & 2016 E3 conferences

Infamous:
$599 US dollars
Wonderbook
2018 E3 conference

I'd agree with these with the exception of E3 2018. The format of the show may have been pants, but the games were excellent.

Last edited: