• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Easily. So much more I can do with my time, and probably cheaper, than video games. Not like a play many and tend to take months away from the hobby.

Only issues are no media whatsoever and others playing. There are commercials and ads for games everywhere, and you can't control what others do around you. Intentional/premeditated consumption of media and such would be realistic, unless that's what's implied.

Popelady

Growth Manager at Splash Damage
Verified
Mar 11, 2019
The Rules:

- No playing video games on any device. This includes flash games, phone games, electronic versions of things like crossword puzzles and card games. Know that Netflix choose your own adventure movie? That counts.
- No watching other people play video games. YouTube Let's Plays, E-sports, watching your friend play Madden etc.
- No going to conventions that involve video games related stuff.
- No discussing video games in communities like this one. This includes Discord, Twitch, Reddit etc.
- No buying video games or video game related memorabilia. This is for all you collectors out there.
- No buying hardware that is for gaming.
- No games media of any sort. Can't go to YouTube to check out the latest trailers. Can't go to Giant Bomb to read the reviews for instance.

If you work in the Games Industry, you're obviously DQ'ed from taking part in this thread because I can't imagine how you would avoid games like this.

So I work in marketing. Most of my day is editing images or doing maths/publishing adverts. The only games related thing I *have* to do is discuss sales, and I can remove myself from most conversations once the topic moves off facts and figures.
Like most of my day is get up, go to work, build adverts, work on targeting, etc. If I'm allowed to observe game media that is un-avoidable (e.g. seeing the word "games" come up on drop downs, typing competitors games into targeting) I should be fine. Can

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Seems like easy money, but I don't think I could do it. I watch far too much GB content as is and giving that up might be hard. I'd still at least give it a shot. 100k would easily wipe out all of my current debts and I'd have plenty left over to do whatever I wanted.

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017
I would definitely try to.

Not sure how successful I would be, as video games are by far my biggest source of enjoyment, but I do have movies, tv shows, books, etc. to watch and read instead.