• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Rules:

- No playing video games on any device. This includes flash games, phone games, electronic versions of things like crossword puzzles and card games. Know that Netflix choose your own adventure movie? That counts.
- No watching other people play video games. YouTube Let's Plays, E-sports, watching your friend play Madden etc.
- No going to conventions that involve video games related stuff.
- No discussing video games in communities like this one. This includes Discord, Twitch, Reddit etc.
- No buying video games or video game related memorabilia. This is for all you collectors out there.
- No buying hardware that is for gaming.
- No games media of any sort. Can't go to YouTube to check out the latest trailers. Can't go to Giant Bomb to read the reviews for instance.

You get the money at the end of the year.

Follow up question: Would you do it for 10 years and $1 million?

If you work in the Games Industry, you're obviously DQ'ed from taking part in this thread because I can't imagine how you would avoid games like this.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Easily. I have other hobbies I could engage in that would pass that time quickly.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
In a heartbeat.

I sat down at work the other night (hey its quiet here) with the intent to play some games. 4 days I was here.

I didn't get past booting steam.

Its been months since I played a game.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
No watching people play or browsing Era? Not enough.

1 million for 10 years is a joke.

Deleted member 10063

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh probably not. It's most of the interaction I get with my friends these days, and I enjoy watching twitch and reading forums, even though I don't play games much anymore.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I LOVE video games, my favorite form of entertainment
But
tenor.gif

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I already did once about a decade ago when I developed RSI in my arm. Work and gaming were both contributing to it, so I obviously chose to give up gaming to let my arm recover.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Some of those would be a bit hard to do away with, but for one year I think I can totally manage, especially for that kinda money.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yes to both questions. There are so many things to entertain myself with.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I play video games every day and I would take the ten year deal without hesitation. I could find other shit to do and paying off my student loan and car would be life changing lol