• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XSX + Halo Infinite for me. If PS5 had Metal Gear 6 I'd be picking that up also!

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I am buying them both day one regardless and skipping upgrading my 1080ti this year . I am not interested to change my i5 9600k and my gpu and pay 1000$ plus just to have a barely better performance than ps5 and Xbox series x and none of the exclusives ( at least Sony exclusives )

so yeah I am there day one for both consoles

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
PS5 for day one. Sony has never let me down in any generation so it's a must buy for me.

Bought a One X about 2 years ago, but hardly every play it. Feels like a waste and I'm not too interested in Halo, so unless they have something crazy next gen exclusive at launch I can't really justify it.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
As I have with every generation since MS has been in the game both will be preordered the day they become available to order and will immediately replace my Xbox one and PS4. Now the real question is what will be my primary machine to use, that is yet to be determined. I've flip flopped every generation from PS2 to XB360 back to PS4 as my primary machine so we will see if I go back to MS as primary this gen.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting both on launch day. I'm currently more interested in XSX though.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'll most likely buy a PS5 first and keep my Xbox One X along with it unless MS shows off something on the Series X that will be available on release that I can't resist.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
if you only have a PS5 then of course you're not only playing the exclusives but my point was when comparing both new consoles the PS5 is the better system because of the exclusives...if you have a decent (not high end) PC you can already play all the last gen Xbox games...and if someone is choosing between Xbox X vs PS5, you can play all games across both platforms minus the exclusives which makes the PS5 the easy choice
Lol, there is no easy choice. Most people don't even like gaming on a PC which explains why month after month on the top software charts most Playstation titles are those also found on the PC. The Xbox still exists because of that reason, most don't play on PC or have a good enough PC.

Oct 27, 2017
like many here, depends on the launch lineup. i have a killer PC so i would need some good exclusives. especially if microsoft continues porting everything

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I've bought every Nintendo, Sony and MS system day one since the SNES (yes including the Wii U, but no not including the virtual boy). Never regretted it once.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm gonna get both. Mainly because of exclusived. But the xsx will be my primary system because I ready have a large catalog with them.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Not enough time in the day to justify it. But I'll definitely end up with both in the long run! Series X around launch window is the plan.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Getting a PC with 3080ti/Ryzen 4000 so absolutely no need for an Xbox, just PS5 for me.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Most people don't even like gaming on a PC which explains why month after month on the top software charts most Playstation titles are those also found on the PC. The Xbox still exists because of that reason, most don't play on PC or have a good enough PC.

of course there are way more console players then PC players but it's not because people 'don't like gaming on a PC'...if given a choice most people do prefer PC...the issue is that most people don't know how to or don't like building one

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
If I can get a preorder for both, I will try to get both at launch. But I am mostly leaning for Xbox Series just cause I want to play the new Halo on the best platform. That and I am not really impressed with the PS5 lineup at launch and the uncertainty with backwards comp on PS5. If both are $500, plan is XSX at launch, PS5 in 2021 or whenever Horizon comes out.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Money willing I'll get one around launch and one a few months later. The one I get first hasn't been decided yet.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Absolutely buying both even if they're on the same day. I'll gladly take in that smorgasbord. And I'm assuming the online for one (or both) of them won't work on day one so it'd be good to have both to try out.

nath999

May 7, 2018
I did that last gen and instantly regretted it. Will just pick up the ps5 for now and see how Microsoft fairs.

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020
I have serious fomo so yes I'll probably end up with both in the first week if they're available.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
PS5 day one (as long as I can procure a preorder). Series X later since I have an Xbox One X.

Demon's Souls remake is the sole game pushing me to PS5. Heres to hoping we get just as many PS5 first party greats as PS4.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I'm a one console guy now. Prior to my early 40s I used to get two consoles but parenting takes a priority. 80% I'm jumping ship next gen from Playstation to Xbox like I usually do (swapping consoles each gen) as I have a stack of 360 xbla titles that I'd love be to play again. Plus I'd have current gen to catch up on via BC.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I might buy both to sell em but other than that only way I'd keep one would be if the XSX had backward compatibility with otogi or one of them had some game at launch I've been dying for which so far PS5 has none and Xbox should all be on PC.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not hurting financially but I would never do this. I'm picking up a series x cause that's my preferred ecosystem and won't be buying a PlayStation for a while. It's just too expensive, paying over 1000 dollars when I can play 90% of what both have to offer by owning 1? My brain just can't come to terms with it.

This for me, but reverse the consoles. And I can't say it's likely I'll ever buy an Xbox. Never have, and I haven't been convinced to start now.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely getting a PS5 at launch and was planning on getting an XSX also, but I think I'm going to hold off on the XSX until I see what Nvidia has in store with their next gen GPUs (Titan and Ti cards). I'm a PC Gamer first and every game I care to play on Xbox is also on PC, so I'd rather play it on PC. However, the XSX is a beast of a machine and if Nvidia can't offer anything substantially better performance wise for their next top end GPUs, then I will probably get the XSX and sit out the RTX 3 series and wait for the 4 series before I get back into PC gaming.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
only ps5 for me,. i ll use my xbox one x a little more before buting a lockheart or xsx (have gamepass). i m hoping for a few uogrades to psvr titles and ps4 titles tgat will show more improvement and I m more interested on sony 1st party down the line

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Im... gonna assume that xbox still won't have much at launch beyond halo.

so assuming ps5 has some solid launch titles, then maybe that. Otherwise, more than enough backlog to comfortably wait.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
If I didn't have a PC, I probably would get both. But right now it's looking like it's gonna be PS5, PC and Switch for the foreseeable future.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Im... gonna assume that xbox still won't have much at launch beyond halo.

so assuming ps5 has some solid launch titles, then maybe that. Otherwise, more than enough backlog to comfortably wait.
You can't really make any assumptions about titles right now. Sony has Spider-Man and Microsoft has Halo. We need more info.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
If I was rich, sure. But I only have money for one, and it will the PS5. I need to play the next God of War. It's my favorite game of all time. If I become rich between now and then though, I'll buy both and a Switch.

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, probably. Depends on the price of the PlayStation 5. I'll definitely get the Xbox.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to get both. The idea of just paying for Gamepass and getting access to Halo and a bunch of other stuff is helping me justify upfront cost of an XSX. However, the most likely scenario is that I'll pick up a PS5 first and hold off on XSX for a bit.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

Only PS5. I'll get an XSX next year. I mean I rarely play my X1 now but I find myself turning on my PS4 every 1-2 days.

PeaceSeeker

Chicken Chaser
Apr 17, 2018
Definitely xsx, I know there are plenty stuff to play around. Besides launch titles, I can try gears 5 and probably fh4 for the enhancement done by dev. Not only that, I can try prev gens games to see how MS enhance HDR, framerate, resolution, etc.

For PS5, except spider-man and several launch titles, I don't know what else can try that can last for months. There is no urgency for me to get ps5 within the launch window at least.