• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are the odds that Nintendo reverts the individualized characters back into their generic forms?

• Very unlikely

Votes: 171 57.8%
  • Somewhat unlikely

Votes: 37 12.5%
  • Somewhat likely

Votes: 34 11.5%
  • Very likely

Votes: 54 18.2%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ihXTJfX.png

I would very much like a remake of Paper Mario 1 or The Thousand-Year Door (I'd take both, tbh). If it ever were to happen though... would Nintendo dare to take the individualized mushroom kingdom characters and revert them back into their generic versions? What are the odds that they would do that? And how would it make you feel? Personally, it would make me very angry.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they would change them into their generics. Espacially because the firstz two games are full of unique looking charakters

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
I see the Paper Mario hate-boner gang has been awoken once again by the announcement of The Origami King...

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
God, this is gonna be insufferable.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
...this thread just welcomes drive-by-posts.

And it deserves it.

This is stupid. Sorry OP.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is wrong with some of y'all Paper Mario fans....of course they wouldn't change the characters.

Nov 2, 2017
Shit thread OP. People have LITERALLY ZERO right to be upset about Nintendo adamantly refusing to allow party mates with mildly interesting designs.

Smh the entitlement is off the charts

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they'd do it to any of the party members, but I can totally see them make some NPCs and enemies more generic like they did in the Mario & Luigi remakes. I mean, well, those were AlphaDream games, but even if Nintendo didn't ask for it (or maybe they did, who knows), they at the very least didn't mind such shortcuts being taken. Same could happen to Paper Mario.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm upset by this thread... I think I'm going to make a thread posting how upset I am by this thread and maybe include a poll asking if I'm being original or not...

Seriously, what's with all the knee-jerk threads lately?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
There might be something lost in translation like some HD remakes but it's unlikely they would go that far.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Paper Mario fans are really going for the Most Insufferable Fanbase gold, huh

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
what's the chance that nintendo will remake mario 64 but it will actually have the gameplay of yoshi's safari

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean some of the original enemies and NPCs from Superstar Saga were changed to be more generic. I could see the same happening to PM.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The overall Paper Mario announcement reception on Era has been disappointing. I gotta say that the internet sucks the fun out of gaming way too often.

/inb4thelock

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I don't think they'd do it for major characters, but I could see some unique enemies and NPCs changing.
Yeah. The likes of Goombario, Lady Bow, Kooper, etc would be safe but someone like Kent C Koopa would probably just be a regular Koopa but really big.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
If they ever remade Paper Mario, they definitely wouldn't change the characters.

I don't think it'll happen, though. How often do they remake Mario games? The M&L remakes seem to only have happened because AlphaDream was already in a rough position.

The overall Paper Mario announcement reception on Era has been disappointing. I gotta say that the internet sucks the fun out of gaming way too often.

/inb4thelock
If you need everyone to like the things you like to derive fun out of them, you won't have a lot of fun, yes.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Doubtful. The Superstar Saga stuff were barely characters. The PM1/2 crew were dedicated side characters with tons of dialogue.

Also what made these characters special was never their designs (although it was cool). This myopic focus on the designs really sells short what made those character appealing.