• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
PS9.jpg

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It was a wifi chip for the PS4 slim.
Pretty quick to look it up, there's a good reason nobody brought that name back up since 2016.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
I think we only ever heard of Neo through rumors, Morpheus was used by Sony publicly (unless I'm remembering it wrong) and so a few sites concluded that Trinity must exist as well. I don't think there have been any specific rumors but a bunch of people concluded it must be a handheld device like the Vita 2.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
Logical that the initial roadmap would have existed as Neo, Morpheus and Trinity with the odds being that Trinity was definitely new hardware and likely a Vita successor. If I had to guess it was probably abandoned after the Vita tanked so hard and therefore is now no longer on the horizon.

But I'd say it potentially being a cancelled new portable is the most likely scenario.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
So after Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity, these are other viable names:

Cypher
Oracle
Smith
Dozer
Niobe
Ghost
Seraph
Persephone
Tank

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I have a theory that sony spread the rumours of a trinity so in future we don't take every rumour as gospel. Unlikely but a possibility.