• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
With the geniuses we have in our government, there's a chance that many of them will get infected. What happens? This is a legitimately scary thought and a possibility.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We just have recess and new elections. In the meantime before elections I believe the governor can appoint new representatives and senators.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They'll just work and vote from home like several dozen of them are already doing. Are you expecting dozens of them to die all at once and make it impossible to get to quorum?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
How is it a possibility? If the virus can incapacitate the entire senate and country to the degree you are describing than the rest of the country will have already been fucked.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
State rules differ on how to replace members of Congress. It's not likely to happen though as most people who get it are either asymptomatic or have mild to moderate symptoms where they could just vote remotely.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
c7845b_83b85a051ab74d1b8a01a8ff1db798fd~mv2.gif

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Senate can't vote from home. Where are you getting this?
It had been my understanding that the quarantined senators had already been voting on the recent procedural votes but I guess I was wrong. They would be idiots to not alter the rules in the situation and I'm sure they will soon enough as more members are unable to attend. Even McConnell isn't stupid enough to realize that they're going to have to change the rules once they're down to less than 80 senators present.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
easy the states handle things............like they have been doing this entire fucking pandemic.....or at least mine has been.

SWoS

Oct 29, 2017
UK
As far as I know, Kieffer Sutherland takes the presidency and guides the country through a difficult time with folksy honesty.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect up to a dozen or so members of Congress to be killed by COVID-19.

That's not really enough to destroy Congress as a functioning body though.

I'm a little more concerned about RBG or Breyer getting it than anything else.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that some people think the senate is doing nothing is sad.

They're doing plenty to pack the courts with enough conservatives to wreck a generation.