• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly

I can't be the only one who LOVED this game! I'm kind of sad we haven't seen a new game from Rockstar. I haven't loved a street racing game since I played this. The music curated in this game was great I hope we have something on this level with the new current gen consoles.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar is likely done with making racing games.

Best we can hope for is the BC team is capable of enhancing Midnight Club: LA to 4k/60fps.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Grab one of the code master teams 2K just bought and make a new midnight club.

Midnight club 3 dub edition is my favorite racer of all time, also one of the greatest soundtracks.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Never played MC3: Dub edition. Why was it so much better than MC:LA?
MC3 took place mostly at night. In a well crafted city. The cars and SUVS and pickups and variety of vehicles were amazing. The re-release Dub Edition REMIX added even MORE cars and music, too. The powerups were fun to use. It just was FUN.

MC:LA was trying to be LA, but the gameplay was way too unbalanced. Specifically with too many cops around the city. And you had to drive to events, so it was a pain in the ass dealing with trying to lose the police just so you could start a race.
And the powerups just felt too weak. Plus the trophy list was STUPID. The one for driving 100 miles on two wheels? Come on.

Plus, it has one of the worst designs in video games ever made.

An 'intelligent' difficulty. Basically, if you won, the game made the next race a little harder. If you lost, it got a little easier.
Smart, right? Except MC3 taught players to RESTART the race if you weren't winning. If you crashed, hit a wall, etc., restart the race and try again.
The MCLA difficulty never adjusted itself if you restarted. Meaning if you played MCLA with the MC3 style, the game quickly became IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT because the racers were all perfect and unbeatable. So you'd end up frustrated, restarting races over and over.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MC3 took place mostly at night. In a well crafted city. The cars and SUVS and pickups and variety of vehicles were amazing. The re-release Dub Edition REMIX added even MORE cars and music, too. The powerups were fun to use. It just was FUN.

MC:LA was trying to be LA, but the gameplay was way too unbalanced. Specifically with too many cops around the city. And you had to drive to events, so it was a pain in the ass dealing with trying to lose the police just so you could start a race.
And the powerups just felt too weak. Plus the trophy list was STUPID. The one for driving 100 miles on two wheels? Come on.

Plus, it has one of the worst designs in video games ever made.

An 'intelligent' difficulty. Basically, if you won, the game made the next race a little harder. If you lost, it got a little easier.
Smart, right? Except MC3 taught players to RESTART the race if you weren't winning. If you crashed, hit a wall, etc., restart the race and try again.
The MCLA difficulty never adjusted itself if you restarted. Meaning if you played MCLA with the MC3 style, the game quickly became IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT because the racers were all perfect and unbeatable. So you'd end up frustrated, restarting races over and over.
Thanks. Now you've sold me on wanting to play MC3:DE Remix.

Kingasta

Avenger
Jan 4, 2018
I've never been a cars fan or racing in general even in my childhood, but this game man!, me and my siblings would spend more hours customizing cars than actually racing.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Great game but I do feel MCLA is the better game. Both superb.

Both also had a wicked difficulty spike, too, although this was tackled with a later patch on MCLA.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'd honestly say it's the best racing game I've ever played, slightly better than any of the other big arcadey franchises of the time (NFS, Burnout, PGR, etc). The motorcycle handling was so good.

I wish devs would proactively plan for licenses running out and architect their games so that they can swap out assets in a patch / remaster rather than delist games entirely.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Midnight Club series (in general) was great. Whoever designed the tracks and city for the game was a genius. So many cool endings smashing through windows and going up escalators in malls.

Remember one vividly for mc2 where you'd do an insane jump and land in front on the Eiffel tower to finish a race.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Dub needs a complete makeover. It could be so incredible at filling a void of certain arcade racers that I feel haven't been around in a loooong time. I'd buy it day 1. I remember seeing a "new" Midnight Club being teased that turned out to be fake. Hurt my heart, because I got my hopes super high, lol.

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god this was my friends and I favorite game. We loved even just customizing cars making low riders to those esalade trucks on 32's. Good times!

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Still have my copy, its one of my favorite racers. I was actually looking at ordering the Remixed version just the other week.

Fixuis

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Insta buy! This was my favorite racing game along with need for speed underground and motorstorm

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Rockstar is sitting in gold but they rather make more money gouging people on GTA Online and RDR2

Oct 27, 2017
I loved playing this game on the PSP. It was so perfect for playing on the go.

Rockstar really disappoints me. They used to make so many cool and unique games in the PS2 era. Heck even the PS3 era was great. Now though? One game and a remaster.