• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Ang Lee's was better and Incredible Hulk is actually a pseudo sequel to it. It even recycles the script and villains for Hulk 2.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Probably not, even though it handily beats most of Phase 1 already.

Which movies in phase 1 is it better than?

I remember seeing this in the theater and somehow we saw a version that had the boom mics in many different frames throughout the movie.

I'm assuming the true final cut wasn't like that but then again I've never rewatched it.

That's the fault of the theater. They're supposed to frame the movie so that the boom mikes are eliminated. I think they're left in to give theaters leeway, so you're not cutting off people's heads because of the way the camera's set up.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
giphy.gif

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
No, its pretty bad. Though if it was released today Martina would probably be a bigger deal in the MCU. We'd probably see her get dusted in the soda factory at the end of IW and she'd get an Avenge the Fallen poster.
latest

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope it would be sort of right there with Iron man 2. Plus i know folks kind of liked the look of hulk in this movie. But he looks too much like a piece of overstretched moving flesh. Though i did enjoy that versions display of intensity.
Ang Lee's Hulk would get laughed out of the theater today if it released as is.
Yeah that movie was laughable.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have a soft spot for this movie - it's my third favorite from phase 1, but the market changed today, it would have to be a very different movie to work

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Ruffalo can carry a Hulk movie, but I'd love to see them try. Hard Mode: they can't use other Avengers.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Hulk vs. tanks/choppers/F22s > Hulk vs. ghetto blasters and Hulk wannabe. Even if Hulk vs. Hulk dogs and thunderstorm man sucked, it was a lot better overall.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Marvel/Disney had full rights to a solo Hulk film. Ruffalo in his own film would be great. He was really good in Thor Ragnarok too, and I guess the movie was half about him anyway, but still.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
it wouldn't be the same movie if made today, to say the least but i've seen worse or equal from the MCU.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Not really. It's a well made, entertaining film. I've watched it a couple of times recently, and don't think it's overrated at all, whereas I have no desire to watch the Hulk, and consider it almost non-canon.
Well it has Ross and Harrington that continued to exist in the MCU.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It's a well made, entertaining film. I've watched it a couple of times recently, and don't think it's overrated at all, whereas I have no desire to watch the Hulk, and consider it almost non-canon.

They retained characters and Tony even mentioned his fight with abomination. Hulk has had clear trajectory of getting smarter since that film.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I think it would probably be "more loved" by virtue of more people having thoughts on it at all. Because most people today don't really think of this movie. It would probably have a worse reception but do quite a bit better at the box office by virtue of it being Marvel.

I think it's a good, not great movie but it certainly feels more like something from the late 2000s than the rest of the franchise.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. It's one of the few MCU movies to have a memorable theme and one of the few in phase 1 to have a reasonably lengthy final fight, but most of the post-phase 1 movies have that second part covered. It's solid, but doesn't have a lot going for it compared to the later movies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
And if Tony didn't mention the big fight? Well.. I'd consider it not Canon too if they made it not Canon. It's Canon.

I mean, Marvel considered it canon before William Hurt showed up in Civil War, so your tautological reference doesn't mean much. Nor does my opinion about it's canonicty. It was merely a statement of how little I think it matters to the MCU, and how I will probably watch it once, and then never again, because it's impact is so miminal in the scheme of things.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I are rewatching the MCU movies in chronological order. We hit hulk on Friday night... it's just a boring movie.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still at the lowest end of phase one.

The Ang Lee version is so much fucking worse though.

Oct 25, 2017
Solid movie.
Mid tier MCU.

I don't understand how people rank this and Thor 2 last when you have Iron Man 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Oct 25, 2017
The 2008 Hulk movie was better story-wise, but I much prefer the action in Ang Lee's Hulk movie.

Ruffalo is by far the best Hulk version. I'm shocked he doesn't even have his own solo film yet.

Deleted member 5519

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Mark Ruffalo Hulk in the same country Edward Norton was at the end of Incredible Hulk as the one he was in at the beginning of the avengers? Also, how does he not ever reference Betty anymore?

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The first half is pretty alright, it's the second half which is pretty dire. So probably not.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Probably not, even though it handily beats most of Phase 1 already.

No way in hell Hulk is better than Iron Man 1, Captain America, or the Avengers. Thor or Iron Man 2 you could probably make a case either way, although I haven't watched any of these movies since they released so Hulk could still be much worse, I don't know.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 2008 Hulk movie was better story-wise, but I much prefer the action in Ang Lee's Hulk movie.

Ruffalo is by far the best Hulk version. I'm shocked he doesn't even have his own solo film yet.

He can't because Disney doesn't own the solo film rights. Universal has those rights. So Hulk can only appear in team up films.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Is Mark Ruffalo Hulk in the same country Edward Norton was at the end of Incredible Hulk as the one he was in at the beginning of the avengers? Also, how does he not ever reference Betty anymore?

They replaced Betty with black widow. Love interest and can calm hulk down with the lullaby.