• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
so tony stark is a certified nerd. he can solve time travel, fix extremis as if it was a elementary science fair, nano machines without the facilities and knowledge of vibranium, fixes random space ships, etc.

what can this walking deus ex machina not solve?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
he fucks up about a good 1/4th of all of his endeavors, like HARD.
collateral damage even.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Left to his own devices he nearly caused the end of all life on Earth...

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
He doesn't seem to have any aptitude for magic, though.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
With what happened in Avengers Age of Ultron, nope.

Imagine Iron Man by himself against Ultron if the Avengers didnt exist.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He probably would've destroyed the universe before then. He fucks up a lot.

Maybe his kid will learn from the mistakes her father made though...

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Dude is not even the top3 smart people in the marvel universe

NOW Reed Richards absolutely would.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Dude is not even the top3 smart people in the marvel universe

NOW Reed Richards absolutely would.

solve-everything-fantastic-four-e1438635716861.png

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
In the mcu, he is. He is smarter than banner.

And soon they will introduce the fantastic 4 in the mcu and Reed wil summon Stark's soul just to say "so i heard you said you are the number 1 smarted dude on this planet. So I have been outside of this dimension and planet for a while now you are number 2" like pym (?) did on that classic panel

Is this the same thing as asking with enough prep time, could Batman kill God?

Absolutely
And it is shorter than you might think
(tip: Batman was on the funeral of an Endless)

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As Ratchet said. "Take it easy. You're only a genius on earth, pal"

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Given infinite time I could solve all the mysteries of the universe. Or at least destroy the universe and rebuild it in a less mysterious way.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The guy who poisoned himself for no reason and gave his home address to a terrorist?

Nah.

OP
OP
subpar spatula

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Oh right, forget about Shuri.
she made nano tech with vibranium then literally a year later tony makes it with no vibranium or advanced tech. his suit is even more impressive than BP's as well. i think Tony has a mind that can adapt to any knowledge to the point where he gains 10 iq a day for no reason. dude never even reads books.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't know about him, but his magic deus ex machina computer probably could, at least if we're going by Endgame logic.

"Nope, can't do time travel, it's totally impossible."

Later that evening...

"Hey computer, how do time travel?"

"Here you go, bruv, it's time travel."

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
she made nano tech with vibranium then literally a year later tony makes it with no vibranium or advanced tech. his suit is even more impressive than BP's as well. i think Tony has a mind that can adapt to any knowledge to the point where he gains 10 iq a day for no reason. dude never even reads books.
Why would he need vibranium when he has his own element though?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't know about him, but his magic deus ex machina computer probably could, at least if we're going by Endgame logic.

Later that evening...

Actually they literally say like 90% of how to time travel, they only need him to find a way to stabilize it

Oct 29, 2017

Later that evening...

This was annoying. They really needed to rush through the invention of time travel as quickly as possible? It's a three hour movie. Give us a montage at least. Make it feel like he actually had to work for it.

And then Rocket's quip about Tony only being a genius by Earth standards. Which I guess means that time travel is NBD on other planets right?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
MCU tries to make Banner out to be smart, and smarter than Stark when it comes to specific areas. But then 9/10 MCU film plots fall into Stark's expertise. It's kind of annoying how little they let the other smart characters show off.

To be fair, they're pretty clear that Stark has no idea how Pym particles work and can't replicate them, despite Hank Pym inventing those in the 1980s, and discovering the quantum zone not long after that.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

isnt implied that iron man suit on infinity war is using shuri's tech?

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As with anything comic related, it depends on who writes it. Plus it would be his computers doing the work.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, go ask Reed Richards. I find it hard to believe he's even in the top 5 smartest in MCU.