• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I will buy and try anything that Annapurna is involved with. Into my veins.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An Annapurna game not on exclusive to EGS? Is their deal over?
it's been a while since they've announced a game for EGS, actually. sayonara wild hearts, florence, this, maquette, i am dead, the artful escape, 12 minutes, all of those have been announced (or recently released) for steam, but aren't on EGS. their last game on EGS was wattam.
i think they realized they're missing out on too many steam sales by going for EGS exclusivity deals.

into my veins... it is me or is it perfect for mobile platforms
👀
she's coming

Last edited:

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
It looks gorgeous and definitely on my radar. Can you say what kind of rep the game contains? :>
Sure. Like LGBT? It's Ireland in the early 90's, so a lot of that stuff is kind of hidden and talked about tangentially. Part of the story's initial catalyst comes from the main character, Kasio, being trans and being conflicted about talking to her Mom. She starts couch surfing in an abandoned mansion with a punk band her friend is in, and that's a much chiller environment. The band includes a gay couple, Colum & Jack, and a mixed-race person, Shans. So the story follows her month living with the band and everything that happens and it gets increasingly wild. :O

I played this game at Pax South and absolutely loved my time with it.
Nice! Annapurna showed it off at the last three PAX's but me and the team stayed in Dublin working on it so I didn't get to see the fun!

great job! it looks really good.
cheers. ✌

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Sure. Like LGBT? It's Ireland in the early 90's, so a lot of that stuff is kind of hidden and talked about tangentially. Part of the story's initial catalyst comes from the main character, Kasio, being trans and being conflicted about talking to her Mom. She starts couch surfing in an abandoned mansion with a punk band her friend is in, and that's a much chiller environment. The band includes a gay couple, Colum & Jack, and a mixed-race person, Shans. So the story follows her month living with the band and everything that happens and it gets increasingly wild. :O
Nice. 😎 Doubly looking forward to it then.

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
The game is out!!

Steam // http://annapurna.link/IfFoundSteam
iOS // http://annapurna.link/IfFoundiOS

Some really great reviews so far:
USGamer, 9/10 - "A mesmerising commentary on the nature of relationships." https://www.usgamer.net/articles/if-found-review
Paste - "There's a good chance you will cry, perhaps more than once, but there are also moments of joy, love and triumph."
etc etc https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/if-found/if-found-game-review/

Really delighted to see folks play. <3

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
I can't really speak to the pricing, it's the publisher's responsibility. There are pros and cons to either platform. Nice big screen versus touch controls.

I don't think we've had many refunds. A full playthrough is probably a bit more than 2 hours unless reading fast, and to see everything another 20m (and all achievements another hour or two).

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
talent won

screenshot2020-05-22a4ljrt.png

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it. I probably missed a lot of references / story bits but what a ride that was. I'll think about the game for quite some time. Congrats to the team @ Dreamfeel and everyone involved ( poke rustymonk).

Annapurna keeps confirming they're the best in the business.

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
A patch should be out by tomorrow with a lot of fixes and some script tweaks too! I'm so happy with it, and delighted to be done. :D

Finished it. I probably missed a lot of references / story bits but what a ride that was. I'll think about the game for quite some time. Congrats to the team @ Dreamfeel and everyone involved ( poke rustymonk).

Annapurna keeps confirming they're the best in the business.
✌ Thanks. It's been so rad to see how much people love it, really took me by surprise (although not the rest of the team I think haha). We just tried to make the best damn thing. Finishing it in time was a ride!

Last edited:

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Just checking into the thread, was curious if Era had any talks about the game. Just read a review from a local gaming magazine, glowing one with a score of 94. This is probably the next game I'll be getting after my paycheck in few weeks. Bit bummed I hadn't heard of this sooner! As I'd love to be able to share my thoughts right about now. Thanks for trying though OP, I appreciate the effort.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to bump the thread and say I sat and played through this on my Switch tonight and it was wonderful. I hope more people give it a chance.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to bump the thread and say I sat and played through this on my Switch tonight and it was wonderful. I hope more people give it a chance.
Me too, I just picked up in the sale, and I 'm glad I waited since the game takes place in December. It was a nice story and very personal, a lot of it felt like reading a zine in game format.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
When was it released on the Switch? I follow the monthly eshop thread constantly and don't remember it being mentioned...

Edit: Ok, found it, it was released on October 22 with zero fanfare. In the beginning of the month it wasn't in the "anticipated releases" list everyone looks at, and the absolutely only other mention of it in the October eshop thread by anyone is just a mention in the weekly threadmark post (https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-eshop-october-2020.298145/page-16#post-49286599) together with all the other releases of that week, so it went by completely unnoticed.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I also forgot to mention how superb the soundtrack is, especially this that comes on towards the end of the game

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I adored the art in this. I found it somewhat hypnotic. Truly gorgeous and very distinctive style.
I also forgot to mention how superb the soundtrack is, especially this that comes on towards the end of the game

Yeh liked it too, there's also a banger at the start that I really loved. I think it didn't play for a second time.

Last edited:

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Completed it yesterday evening. Made me think of my youth and that becoming an adult is tough and confusing.

Excellent game,will stay with me for a long time 👌🏻