• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Ghost of Sparta or The Demon?

• Kratos

• Master Chief

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the big guys of Nintendo's competition earns a guest spot in Smash and you get to make the call.

k_9G_iAHP9vox0WyD7ENSlB9bS5fGCpGbyM9I_MYx4qXjBct-8hVXVMdSOlxIL068_ZLIyStBFoL7oBwIuHQj1R6-s3jBgTK0Wh6X2A

Master-Chief-2.jpg

Neither isn't an option and you can't swap them out for some other Sony or Microsoft character.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Simply based on their moveset and what they bring, Kratos. Not even close. I like Chief, but dude would be pretty lame in Smash compared to a magic weilding axe/chainblade man.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Master Chief only cause I think he would/could play really differently what with all the shooty stuff and all.

Though Kratos got some sick stuff as well, I guess.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Kratos is essentially the mascot of sony so him. I also think his moveset would be more fun. MC is the mascot of xbox but Steve and banjo are in, devaluing him as an addition

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Master Chief easily. I hate Kratos. He's probably my least favorite video game character ever and the God of War games were so off putting to me (only played the PS2 games).

MC would also be accompanied by the Halo theme so that's a big plus.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chief for sure.
I think his moves would stand out more from the rest of the Smash crowd and have wanted him in there for so long.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I know both are incredibly iconic, but I have a special place in my heart for the GoW series. I can't not pick Kratos, he is my boi.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Chief. Personal biases aside, gunner units are the least represented class in Smash. He'd be fun to play.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Neither, i choose her as the Sony/From Soft rep

images

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
neither but especially fuck kratos
master chief is just boring

neither is always an option cause to hell with both of them

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
As a executive i would chose Masterchief since he is the bigger character as a gamer i dont think i would wanna play with either of them unless Sakurai really delivers something really unexpected from their moveset and playstyle.

DeadeyeNull

ā–² Legend ā–²
Dec 26, 2018
Kratos but I'd hope his moveset takes from the original trilogy. Gow2018 was a great game but old kratos has more stuff

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
You could have Chief as a Captain Falcon style character.
Bubble Shield and a Sticky Grenade would be fun to see

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
Out of the two of them, I'd pick Kratos. Plus, y'know... Microsoft already not only has representatives in Smash but ones that actually resonate well with the game and its other characters. They really don't need a third, especially as one as, frankly, bland a character as Master Chief.

I would, however, absolutely love it more if a different Sony rep got in (or someone else heavily representing Sony) If anyone I'd want it to be Ratchet and Clank or PaRappa the Rapper. Or even Robbit from Jumping Flash.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Voting Chief, even though I'm certain Sakurai would make the Energy Sword his primary weapon, making him yet another sword character.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Chief, easily.

More potential playstyle wise and more, better music for remixes and the like.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
MC has a chance of being both better or worse due to being more unique with potential moveset.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Master Chief is way more kid friendly,his games are nowhere near as violent as Kratos', so I think that's what Nintendo would pick. I also prefer him, he had cool moves in Dead or Alive 4.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Master Chief. He's far more iconic than Kratos. (But obviously I'd rather have both) His moveset would be hard to do though but I trust Sakurai and co. to make it work.

Down B: Bubble Shield
Up B: Jet Pack or Grav Lift
Side B: Grenades. Two of each. Recharge over time.
Neutral B: Switch between two weapons that alter normals/smashes? Like AR and Energy Sword.
OR Just a spartan laser neutral B.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Master Chief
Despite being an absolutely massive genre, we have zero FPS reps in Smash but plenty of melee action characters.
Granted it's more about what it would mean but also I think Halo as a franchise brings more. Cooler potential stage and better music (subjective, I know)

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Chief hands down. After growing up with both Smash and Halo as such big parts of my childhood, seeing them come together would be so unbelievably awesome. The music additions from Halo would be awesome and I really think Chief would have an opportunity to be really distinct from anyone else in Smash. He's honestly my dream addition. (but I don't see it happening anytime soon sadly šŸ˜”)