• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I've beaten NG+ but probably would give it another spin if CD finds a way to hook me with it.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Only if it's a remake... Wouldn't be bothered with a simple remaster since I have it on pc already.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

No because then people will have to call them out for saying this if they try to sell us the upgrade.
I'd play it but not buy it again.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Not at all. It's too long and it was already so good. Plus the PC version is as remastered as you might need, plus it supports infinite mods.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
It would need to be much more than a remaster.

I would rather they do something new even though I loved Witcher 3, but it looked great on PC and maybe if they do a big graphical update which would be more of a remake than a remaster then maybe yes at some point in the far away future I could see myself buying Witcher 3 again

Apr 25, 2020
If just a simple remaster, nah. I've played that game backwards and forwards now on PC. I've seen pretty much all it has (but nobody ever sees ALL of Witcher 3....).

Gurvyy

Animator at TeamTo
Verified
Nov 30, 2017
France
No, never.

I prefer CDProjekt to make new games than lost time on remaster. The industry today is glued on that.

NotUS

Oct 27, 2017
Too soon for a remaster, but would welcome a patch which brings the visual quality back of some of the early trailers. E.g. improved lighting, high quality textures and foliage, and vastly increased LOD.

However as many have said already, PC version is excellent, even better with mods, prefer they work on the next game.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I would like to, but it would require some spot in the future with a pretty dead release schedule for me to feel like I had the time for it

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
If they put out a patch to make the game run at 4k/60 on PS5, if e probably go back to it to finally get the Platinum. But there's zero chance that I would buy the game again. Especially after they talked about not forcing people to rebuy their games.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They'd need to do a lot to make me play through that game again. TW3 is too big and too long for me to start from scratch.

Also it would need to be backwards compatible from the PS4. I'm not buying it again.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
The characters, story, world-building and graphics of W3 are already god-like.

What it needs is better fighting, better collision systems, a much more curtailed item system, a much smaller world.

A remaster won't address any of that, so I'd much rather the devs focus on shoring up their weaknesses for the new game.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
A PS5 version would just be the PC version minus the mods, no? Kinda pointless, unless you skipped the game. That might make it worthwhile to check out for those people, especially at the beginning of the gen when games will be few and far between.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'd prefer to have the whole trilogy available in one of the next gen consoles in a single package.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
if it went beyond what it looks like on PC, yeah, i think so. its been long enough, the game was big enough, i'm sure there would be plenty of new stuff for me to experience. i'm in

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Nah. It looks fine and will probably work fine on PCs for a while. Also, I'm not playing that game again, took me long enough the first time.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Nah, I'm already playing it on PC with a few QOL and graphical mods (for better LOD, texture-resolution and using dialogue-scene faces in normal gameplay).

1656p @ solid 60FPS.

Add in actual fast-travel thanks to an SSD and it genuinely feels like a serious remaster already, compared to when I played it on base PS4.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
This isn't the sort of game that I'd want to replay anytime soon. Although i loved it, it took 150ish hours for me to complete. I'd rather invest that time in the many many games that i haven't played yet

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nope. Have it on PC and no console remaster will be able to outclass it.

Plus if they remastered it, Steam and GOG owners at least would get it for free.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
TLOU 1 was remastered one year after its release for PS4.

In comparison remastering 5 years old game makes more sense.
Neither makes sense to me personally tbh. Especially with backwards compatibility on consoles too. If they're going to spend time touching up their old games and rereleasing them, Witcher 1 could use some new audience and would greatly benefit from extra polish. Never been available on any consoles.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Took me a year to finish the game and all DLCs. Loved it, but I am never booting up that game again.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Also, Cd Project Red was super reluctant in even doing anything for the mid-gen consoles, actually coming out and saying they won't be releasing any updates for them. It wasn;t until long after that statement that they even bothered to release updates for them, and that almost certainly happened only because either Sony or Microsoft or both gave them money to do it.