• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I agree, at least to a certain extent. They already royally fucked one of my favorite properties in history with Blair Witch and all of their "original" projects are ridiculously unpolished, incredibly boring, uninspired and are just a clunky assemblage of disparate elements from better horror games made by other development teams.

If I were to finally be getting more Silent Hill, I personally don't want it coming from them. I'd rather they stuck to their own franchises and improved on their craft there rather than be responsible for helming the long-awaited return of one of the most beloved IPs in gaming. They just aren't the right fit, and a Bloober Silent Hill game would be a monkey's paw wish come true.

OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I absolutely agree. They already royally fucked one of my favorite properties in history with Blair Witch and all of their "original" projects are ridiculously unpolished, incredibly boring and uninspired and are just a clunky assemblage of disparate elements from better horror games made by other development teams.
I regret buying Blair Witch on PSN during sales.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I didn't want them touching SH even before I saw that documentary on YouTube about the history of Bloober.

It's kind weird how defensive people are being in this thread about them though. They doingt have a good track record in general. Why is everyone down for them to tackle an important albeit troubled/controversial IP?

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I enjoyed Shattered Memories a lot

And you mentioned Downpour was pretty good and has some new ideas.

Bloober has the potential to make a good silent hill game I'll wait to see their first trailer before I assume it will or won't be "worth the wait"

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Maybe franchises that have been dormant for so long shouldn't be put up on a pedestal 🤷‍♂️. I think any banjo threeie attempt will be received similarly tbh

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
I've played a few of their games. I think The Medium is their best effort to date and I'd still struggle to recommend it to anyone.

I don't really have faith in a new Silent Hill from anyone though, Bloober or not.

OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I enjoyed Shattered Memories a lot

And you mentioned Downpour was pretty good and has some new ideas.

Bloober has the potential to make a good silent hill game I'll wait to see their first trailer before I assume it will or won't be "worth the wait"

The problem is ..it might be the last SH game we ever get our hands on.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Bloober games are weird. They're not good and they don't really improve with each game but they're still competent in what they do. Hard to explain but it's like they're missing a couple people for proper guidance to finally bust out of their chains.

As for silent hill shattered memories was the last good one. Kojimas take would have been interesting but I think that franchise has run its course in terms of what people want silent hill to be.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I couldn't care less about Bloopers SH game because of their previous games. Hope the rumors are true and there are other devs working on other SH games.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
im surprised this thread is still open lmao

listen if it happens it happens if not then whatever, the series has been dead for who knows how long and doesnt even get rereleases.

Hell at least Banjo gets included in Smash Bros and gets rereleased on Xbox One lol

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Bloober team is awful.

They're "good" at art direction and atmosphere but they are terrible at writing a good horror story and they consistently relegate trauma to narrative props which always results in them being extremely disrespectful at best and downright disdainful at worst to victims of abuse and trauma.

Keep Bloober the fuck away from SH and maybe learn from The Medium.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Let them make their game, Im sure they will give it their best. If youre not interested you can always replay SH2 instead.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
You're never going to get another universally praised Silent Hill game again. Just deal with it. Shattered Memories was a fluke and everyone's just been chasing the dragon from the original trilogy since 2003.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Given that the OP is banned, the thread is locked to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.