• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I won't be rubbing it in any faces, but I most definitely will be enjoying the reactions. After the 2016 election, they pretty much wouldn't stop pointing and laughing for at least a full year. Can't wait for it all to come crashing down.

I just want a boring president who does his job so everyone in the country can not give a shit about what the president is doing each day, generally speaking. Feels like our country has been run by a shady used car salesman for 4 years and it shows.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they come around, come out of the "Trump effect". Realize how bad of a person he is, was not fit for president etc.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm not going to gloat until we pack the Supreme Court.

Then I'm going to do a fucking tap-dance.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Probably on Facebook. Not likely in-person. Though I fully expect it will shift to saying the election results were fake and Biden didn't win legitimately. Trump's already building that up. I am 100% that's how it will shift.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I plan on saying two words on my social media, and those who know will know and those who don't know won't know:

You're Fired
FTFY

There's no point in mocking or rubbing it in as they will jump through every hoop to justify his loss (fraud). They have drank the Kool-aid and there is no reasoning with them. It might be interesting to mess with them later on when they distance themselves from that orange turd.

But I will not be comfortable until his ass is out of office. I don't care what the polls say.

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
I cast my vote for him today, but I feel no pride, no excitement, nor any kind of good feelings about it, so no, I won't be rubbing it in anyone's face.
First off, Biden hasn't won. If you're thinking like this already it's going to hurt so much worse if/when Trump finds a way to bend the law to keep himself in office.

Secondly, Biden in office is not a victory in my books. It's a necessary step to keep our Democracy alive long enough to hopefully get a win in the future.
Thanks for capturing my feelings about this.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Honestly no, and all of my (union) co-workers are massive Trumpers and give me shit constantly. I am just gonna breathe a massive sigh of relief and not engage people who do not even argue in good faith or pay attention to facts. It's pointless. They are all gonna claim he was robbed by massive voter fraud anyway.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Posting in this thread seems like...tempting fate.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Can he actually win? Like this time does he genuinely have a strong chance?

Voting seems fucked in America, I don't keep up with it much in the UK but man would it be great if Trump lost

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Nah I don't find it a hugely useful use of my energy. I'll mostly just be happy Trump's done and spend less time fretting about all this bullshit.

HeartyUnevenEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
I don't plan on doing it, at least not intentionally. I don't begrudge anyone from doing it though. My thoughts have always been: "The best revenge is living well." My version of living well is not giving them the satisfaction of feeling slighted. Instead do the one thing that all their hemming and hawing is meant to avoid, being ignored; that's my version of living well.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
If Biden wins, I will mostly feel relief, not schadenfreude. I will celebrate once the SCOTUS is solidly social-liberal, but that can take decades.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
No. Its only the first step on a long road, and Trump should be consigned to the garbage bin of history.

...Hopefully that means jail, but don't much trust the legal system or those that sit in on it to deliver justice against the rich and powerful

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I will mock Trump himself when his irrelevant ass ends up on Dancing With the Stars and he gets kicked off for sexually harassing his partner.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
There is only one person I would go after because she was especially racists and homophobic over the last four years. I would love nothing more than to shove her back into hiding.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Posting in this thread seems like...tempting fate.

There was a subreddit back in the day (maybe it still exists?) called /r/themeltdown that was originally created to post reactions of trump supporters when Trump inevitably lost in 2016.

I don't like how this thread is similar to that.

That being said, I also recognize this being a significantly different scenario than Hillary VS Trump.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That guy who posted the thread about setting off fireworks, I just thought that was a weird

Even if you don't get shot, what's it going to achieve? A momentary smug satisfaction, I suppose, but the country is already badly divided and it seems counter productive to behave in a way that makes it even worse than it already is.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't want to get shot.
Yep. I fully expect violent threats and incidents up to and including mass shootings from Trumpers if he looses (and maybe even if he wins), I don't want to throw any extra gas on that fire.

Also, as someone else said, Biden winning isn't full victory because the GOP and trumpers still exist. Biden winning is simply the country taking a step back from the cliff edge.

Oct 30, 2017
covid aside, I would want to throw a party at my house. we'd get together and celebrate but anything antagonistic wouldn't be allowed. the only Trump supporters I know I wouldn't invite to a party like this anyway.

don't be an asshole (even though they wouldn't hesitate to be assholes to us)

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
If I see someone complaining if Biden wins, I will go back in their history from the 2016 election and quote their post about how people need to "get over it" and how they need to "give him a chance" and that the people have "spoken"

Yes, this has been stewing in my brain for four years.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I'll be re-attending church. But no, not gonna get in the weeds of petty behavior. In fact, I'm gonna try my best to continually point out all the positive stuff that happens during a Biden adminstration.

The last thing I want is them being fired up for the next election.

MorningDew

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of good responses. Personally, I'll keep it to myself and be glad that there's no Trump for 4 years. We'll need to make sure we get the vote out for 2022 & 2024 to prevent the Republicans from trashing the country again.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I will mock Trump himself when his irrelevant ass ends up on Dancing With the Stars and he gets kicked off for sexually harassing his partner.

I mean, if Trump loses and he actually leaves office and there isn't a coup of some kind to keep him in office, he'll never be welcome on those kinds of shows lmao. He may find gigs in conservative media, like talk radio, but he'll be toxic on a mainstream level for the rest of what's left of his short life and the GOP will, sadly successfully, erase him from their canon

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I do, will troll the shit out of them. In Person every few chances i have (Not from the US) but online will be all the time.

If he wins, well we went through that in 2016 , so at least we have the experience.

But if he loses, the tears will be sweet and glorious.

No quarter to this people.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I don't think I'll celebrate until that dude is literally out of office. I fully expect Trump to burn down as much shit as possible on his way out.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I plan on buying a Trump flag and burning it in the street and laughing. Maybe I'll carry another sign that says something like "Trump, your messiah, is dead"

Oct 25, 2017
No. I absolutely do not plan on gloating about it. Don't see the point. Doesn't seem like the right way to go about things. Achieves nothing really.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
The GOP wouldnt want him running again in 2024 anyway, whichever president republicans push next would be one that could potentially get two terms not just one like trump would only be able to get.