• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
EXCUSE my math.

47,000 members*

You were only counting the online ones lol

In that case, the offline and online ResetEra users all pitched in $60 per month for 1 year, would give us a generous $34 million USD budget.

--------------------------------

7,807 members in total, depending on location and time zones, all pitched in $60 for each month, up to 1 year, would give the total budget of $9 million USD and some change.

$9
$34 million is probably enough budget for a game studio to put out 1 AA or AAA title. Whichever the outcome, the title can be anything, or of anyone's choice from the forum, done via straw polling and such.

But what I'm saying is that, if we were to focus on crowdfunding from dedicated users, we would actually be able to fund and invest in a decent game.

Why is it not a viable option? Because $60 times 12 months is a hefty allotted investment. That's $720 dollars, or 1 week worth of software development work, if using a $60,000/year average salary, minus local, federal/providence/state taxes. Plus among other factors at play, such as it being similar to Kickstarter / Indiegogo...

But why is it a fun option? Because, everyone is pitching in. Everyone in this forums is an angel investor on this game. It would definitely be added to the Guinness World Records for being the most contributed game. Also, because "discussions".

And that's all there is to it, really. It's just a slow news drought for me.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what if the studio needs to delay a substantial amount of time and needs more money

what about day-one patch costs

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Remember what happened with DudeBro?

Edit: Beaten by a second

Edit edit: "It would definitely be added to the Guinness World Records for being the most contributed game."

It would not even come CLOSE. Star Citizen has raised approximately 150 million from their community, by some estimates, I believe.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, now we just have to bug Matsuno on twitter and we have ourselves a stew going.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you know that for the price of a single large coffee at Starbucks once a week you could buy a single large coffee at Starbucks once a week?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
How about we use that money to buy the Fox Engine toolkit, then we can use that to mod MGS5 into MGS1-4.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
and what about marketing?

i assume we'd want to make our money back at the very least through sales, so it will need to sell to more than just ResetEra

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'd say we take the Epic deal and get ourselves some extra money.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
and what about marketing?

i assume we'd want to make our money back at the very least through sales, so it will need to sell to more than just ResetEra

Oh dont worry ill market it for free.

All profits will be payed towards dog bones for you aswell

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Don't let this thread of spending $60 a month distract you from the fact that an actual PROVEN statistic of saving 15% by switching to Geico.

Capt_Shanu

Oct 27, 2017
Your math is off.

If 7807 members each contribute 720 dollars over a year the total is 5,621,040.

Still nothing to sneeze at. Could we settle for AA? ;)

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
source.gif