• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sonic the Hedgehog was the last successful blockbuster released in movie theaters, thus completing the cinematic Sonic cycle.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I saw Saint Maud on Thursday, so a pretty good one to go out on tbh. Also a potent metaphor ENDING SPOILERS
with the whole self-immolation ending

kidtamagotchi

Oct 27, 2017
I last saw Aquaman in a theater. I was looking forward to Wonder Woman 84 & the new James Bond film that were supposed to come out this year.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I saw Once Upon A Time in Hollywood back in early February, then the Cinerama here in Seattle closed the following morning and I haven't been to the cinema since.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Same here. In fact it would be the only movie I've seen in a theater in the last ten years.

Thats a long spell but I get it. Takes a lot for me to want to go to the theater. I thought when moviepass happened it would increase my desire to go but it didnt. I may go once a year or once every other year depending on the release schedule. If I go more than that I'm more than likely not paying for it or driving to it.

Oct 27, 2017

that's the only movie I've seen in theaters this year and it came out in December 2019 lol.

2019 was a lot more fun and a great year for movies ... IT chapter 2, John wick 3, toy story 4, midsommer, crawl, Us, Endgame, Joker, once upon a time in Hollywood, child's play, etc.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Hedgehog the Sonic.

Probably worse movies I could've seen lol.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sonic The Hedgehog. It was better than I expected, but I didn't expect much.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
sounds-update-b0fcc6c7b3a8e51224ca0aef81b995ef.jpg

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Phantom of the Opera. It was right around Valentine's Day and Alamo Drafthouse was doing one of those movie parties.

If movie theaters never came back, it would mean the last movie I saw in a theater ever was a goofy 2004 movie based on a musical with everyone in attendance wearing paper masks and singing their brains out... I kind of love that.

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
It's been so long I litterally can't remember but I believe it was Interstellar at the cinesphere IMAX in Toronto, just before the pandemic hit. I loooove this movie so if that's correct I could definitely live with that.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Star wars I think. I saw sonic but I think I rented that at my house this summer. Was going to see invisible man but didn't get around to it and I don't think I went to the theater in march