• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The price of a new game... that being said, I would personally prefer Street Fighter 6.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does it play like Street Fighter or like Mortal Kombat? They are pretty jarringly different games.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, the hand is available for only a day? I'm not paying anything then lol

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
If it plays like Mortal Kombat I'll buy it.

If it plays like Streer Fighter? ...pass.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Does it play like Street Fighter or like Mortal Kombat? They are pretty jarringly different games.

Would probably play like Injustice, which is basically the middle road of both games.

Anyways, i still think that SF vs MK is not a fit crossover, i know that's the rivalry, but they're too tonally different.

I think if they ever make a crossover it should be Darkstalkers vs Mortal Kombat, it's not what people might want, but it's what makes sense.

Altho cartoony, DS had dismemberment, executions, fatality-ish finishing moves, etc. Even lore wise it's more compatible, Makai is a realm, they could easily connect the Mortal Kombat lore into it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Regular price, if that. Ultimately it would matter on the systems and look, but to me MK is the polar opposite of SF in terms of aesthetics and it would be nothing but a mess.

Dec 14, 2017
I wouldn't buy a game I know nothing about just because it has limited availability. This scenario doesn't make sense either, what does a 50/50 dev split even mean here? Fighting games live and die on their mechanics and systems, character balance can always be adjusted later, but the core mechanics and systems need to be solid from the start. You'll need to give some design examples of how a typical match works OP.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I wouldn't buy a game I know nothing about just because it has limited availability. This scenario doesn't make sense either, what does a 50/50 dev split even mean here? Fighting games live and die on their mechanics and systems, character balance can always be adjusted later, but the core mechanics and systems need to be solid from the start. You'll need to give some design examples of how a typical match works OP.

The 50/50 split comment is really weird and confusing here. O.o

If it's only available for a day then I'd rather keep my moolah.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
My dream scenario is that Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat would be developed gameplay-wise by Capcom, but the story mode w/ a full one Shaolin Monks style RPG action game would be developed by Netherealm and they bundle it into one big, whopping release.

Also in addition to that some of the "Street Fighter" characters will also be Darkstalkers characters and other Capcom franchises that fit the mystical theme of Mortal Kombat.

crpj31

Dec 13, 2017
If it happened in the 90's I would buy. Nowadays I don't care about this crossover im particular.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom? $20-$30
NRS? $60

NRS fighting games are the fighting games I don't mind buying at launch. I can expect it to be packed with content. With Capcom you don't know what you'll get, it might be something great like SFIV/SFxT or something terrible like SFV.

Last edited:

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
What if you bought it and it just turned out to be a Mugen bootleg with MK3 and Street Fighter The Movie The Game sprites

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
If it plays like MK then I'd wait until it was free. If it plays like SF then id just go play a SF game. Especially if it looks more like SF. I don't wanna see MK characters looking like claymation

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a maximum of $20 if it had a story mode by NRS, I don't really play fighting games so I only get them when they have a good single player component and are cheap.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Depends on which game it mainly draws inspiration from regarding art style and animations. If MK, then $30, if SF, then $60 or a bit more.

Jun 12, 2018
Capcom? $20-$30
NRS? $60

NRS fighting games are the fighting games I don't mind buying at launch. I can expect it to be packed with content. With Capcom you don't know what you'll get, it might be something great like SFIV/SFxT or something terrible like SFV.
This man just called launch SFxT great while at the same time calling launch SFV terrible.
Does not compute.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't pay anything because seeing Ryu and Chun-Li perform fatalities doesn't seem to fit their characters at all

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Only if Capcom made the game (ie mechanics, animation ,characters ,and gameplay)while NRS did the modes.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
This man just called launch SFxT great while at the same time calling launch SFV terrible.
Does not compute.
Well I didn't buy SFxT at launch. Negative news put me off, but I did pick it up later and had a fun time with it. Probably the best SF game to play if you have a group of friends over, I'd pay full price for it if I had tried it out before hand instead off just going off the reception at launch.

Jun 12, 2018
Well I didn't buy SFxT at launch. Negative news put me off, but I did pick it up later and had a fun time with it. Probably the best SF game to play if you have a group of friends over, I'd pay full price for it if I had tried it out before hand instead off just going off the reception at launch.
Ah okay. Well just know that launch SFxT was a dreadful, dreadful experience, definitely worse than any other capcom fighting game that I can recall.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
60 dollars. Even though I've been wanting this since the 90's I wouldn't pay more than normal.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
In if it's capcom making the game and plays more like a Capcom fighting game. Capcom on a bad day shits on nrs games.

Now if it was Capcom v Guilty Gear, oo la n la

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
60, maybe less as I wouldn't have much confidence in a product that's only available for a day.

What a weird fantasy land premise for a thread.