• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Make sure you check your local shelters. Plenty of cute dogs will be there who are just dying (literally, in some cases) for a home to call their own.

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Looks like a teeny Australian Shepherd to me! Sweet, smart, incredibly energetic dogs. Before you decide to get one, you should know that they'll be happiest if you have the time and energy to tire them out every day. They're not sit-around-the-house dogs.

OP
OP
Landy828

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Australian collie maybe?
Looks like an Australian Shepherd.
Yep, that's a doggo alright
Looks like a Shepherd puppy. Maybe Australian Shepherd?

Looks like I should start here..haha.

Make sure you check your local shelters. Plenty of cute dogs will be there who are just dying (literally, in some cases) for a home to call their own.

We're open to all options, although leaning more toward dogs with "hair" than "fur". Smaller too, so this guy may not be on the list....going to look them up.

I rescued a Border Collie and a Husky about 12 years ago. No dogs anymore, but one in the near future. Collie lives with parents, and husky went to a friend with a farm years ago when my kids were born.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Looks like an Australian Shepherd but has no tail. Which is not normal for this breed as far as I'm informed.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australian Shepherd, absolutely beautiful dogs. They are soooo smart. They are also herding dogs so, you know, they require an absolutely insane amount of exercise. I had a neighbor who had an Australian Shepherd puppy while he trained for a triathalon. That dog would accompany him on all his training. At the end of the day, my friend would come home exhausted from endurance running all day, and the dog would still be full of energy.

Looks like an Australian Shepherd but has no tail. Which is not normal for this breed as far as I'm informed.

Some get their tails docked, my neighbor had his dog's tail docked. Adorable little wag of the butt when the dog would get excited.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mini Australian Shepherd, it looks like. Not sure what's going on with the tail though.

OP
OP
Landy828

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Australian Shepherd, absolutely beautiful dogs. They are soooo smart. They are also herding dogs so, you know, they require an absolutely insane amount of exercise. I had a neighbor who had an Australian Shepherd puppy while he trained for a triathalon. That dog would accompany him on all his training. At the end of the day, my friend would come home exhausted from endurance running all day, and the dog would still be full of energy.

Some get their tails docked, my neighbor had his dog's tail docked. Adorable little wag of the butt when the dog would get excited.

Sounds like a good excuse to get exercise.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And yes, Aussies need about the equivalent of 200 standard throw frisbee fetches a day to even begin thinking about being satisfied. They are smart and incredibly active dogs.

Nov 30, 2018
Just adopted this beauty but they don't know the breed. They guessed Australian Shepherd mix?

mGjf6kG.jpg

Nov 30, 2018
That's a certified mutt, own it bro

When people ask me what my dog is, I straight up say "mutt"

She finally mastered the stairs today, had to carry her up and down for the past few weeks

She's constantly wanting to go out, it's like damn girl you're 9, be chill

She's the best so far though. Never barks at other dogs, incredibly friendly with them all and people. House trained, knows some tricks, kinda smart

OP
OP
Landy828

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
More the power to anybody who can keep up with those dogs. I'd love one, but I know I couldn't give it the type of insane exercise it needs.

They are so incredibly smart, though. That aussie my neighbor had was one of the smartest dogs I've ever met.

My Husky could escape any enclosure, loved her..but boy she drove me nuts. Built her a huge, concrete floor, covered kennel for when I was at work and I'd come home to her running around the yard. She'd pull the fencing pens out of the ground and escape. When I concreted those in she bent the door of the kennel enough to get out. Tried keeping her in the house after that, but she figured out how to open the doors to the house. Decided to give her to a friend that ran a farm (for her to have more play time), and to get her somewhere safer....she would escape the kennel and run around our neighborhood. She was a handful...and I was in my early 20's at the time....probably a bad choice for a pet at the time, haha.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She finally mastered the stairs today, had to carry her up and down for the past few weeks

She's constantly wanting to go out, it's like damn girl you're 9, be chill

She's the best so far though. Never barks at other dogs, incredibly friendly with them all and people. House trained, knows some tricks, kinda smart

Genetic diversity is objectively a great trait. For real, be proud of your mutt, I'm proud of mine.

ezAe8R5.jpg

Cx7cuZ3.jpg

My stinky, stinky boy. His name is TEXAS, long may he reign!

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That gif makes me wish my dog was a baby puppy again. They're so funny when they're goofy and uncoordinated.

KLXKChR.jpg

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Also not preaching but just to point out most shelters or organizations have an alert system where you can put in breeds and they will email you if that breed comes in from a wide radius too