• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccharla

Director, ID@Xbox
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Makes sense. Are you guys planning anything like dev streams where you bring a dev into a video chat to have them talk about and maybe play their game for 30 minutes or so? It would be really cool to see more about the games while getting to hear the devs talk about inspiration, challenges and stories over the course of making their title. (I know this is more of a wish type of "are you thinking" kind of question lol)

We actually do (or did -- when we had an office and studio to go into) stream with devs regularly, but usually once the game shipped. I think streaming and talking about the game pre-release is a great idea.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
We actually do (or did -- when we had an office and studio to go into) stream with devs regularly, but usually once the game shipped. I think streaming and talking about the game pre-release is a great idea.

Awesome! Well I'll be keeping an eye out for anything the team decides to do! There's a lot of great looking games in the showcase and I can't wait to see more/play them.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Games shown today that are also coming to Game Pass:

• Haven (The Game Bakers) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere
  • West of Dead (Raw Fury/Upstream Arcade) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Drake Hollow (Molasses Flood) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Edge of Eternity (Dear Villagers/Midgar Studio) – Xbox Game Pass
  • Ikenfell (Humble Bundle/Happy Ray Games) – Xbox Game Pass
  • The Red Lantern (Tiberline Studio) – Xbox Game Pass
  • Unto the End (Big Sugar/2 Ton Studios) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere
  • Star Renegades (Raw Fury/Massive Damage) – Xbox Game Pass
  • Levelhead (Butterscotch Shenanigans) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere

Newly Announced Titles:

• Adios (Mischief) –Announced today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • An Airport for Aliens Currently Run by Dogs (Strange Scaffold) – Announced today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Bonkies Crunching Koalas (Crunching Koalas/Studio Gauntlet) – Announced today for Xbox One
  • Legend of Keepers (Goblinz Studio) – Announced today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • Project Wingman (Humble Bundle/Sector D2) – Announced today for Xbox One
  • Revenant's Reach (Homonkulus) – Announced today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  • Undying (Vanimals) – Announced today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere
  • Drink More Glurp (Yogscast Games/Catastrophic_Overload) – Announced today for Xbox One
  • The Big Con (Mighty Yell) – Announced today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere
  • Mayhem in Single Valley (tinyBuild/Fluxscopic) – Announced today for Xbox One

Games we knew about but got a new mini trailer:

• Atomicrops (Raw Fury/Bird Bath Games)
  • Ghostrunner (All in! Games/One More Level)
  • King's Bounty II (1C Publishing EU)
  • Moving Out (Team17/SMG)
  • Bartlow's Dread Machine (Beep Games, Inc./Tribetoy) – Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Lake (Whitethorn Digital/Gamious) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • The Second Chance Project (Cosmonaught Studios)
  • Minute of Islands (Mixtvision/Studio Fizbin)
  • Skater XL (Easy Day Studios) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Calico (Whitethorn Digital/Peachy Keen Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • SuperMash (Digital Continue)
  • The Vale (Falling Squirrel)
  • Hazel Sky (Another Indie/Coffee Addict Studio) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • KungFu Kickball (Blowfish Studios/Whalefood Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Maid of Sker (Wales Interactive) – Xbox One X Enhanced

Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick. XGP stays delivering.

Someone already made the "you're not supposed to watch them all at once" joke, so I won't repeat it, but these games were originally all going to be shown with us at GDC, so it made sense to us to release the videos all on the same day.

We felt that six shorter videos was a better format than one really long video.

Makes sense, thank you Chris.

These posts need to be in the OP.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Someone already made the "you're not supposed to watch them all at once" joke, so I won't repeat it, but these games were originally all going to be shown with us at GDC, so it made sense to us to release the videos all on the same day.

We felt that six shorter videos was a better format than one really long video.

This is a good format Chris. Bite sized pieces people can look through. I honestly feel this is the best way for an Indie to reveal their game regardless of stage. What I mean by that is allow them to explain it. Makes 1000% difference. Sometimes when Indies get shown at E3, I feel like it does them a disservice because the selling point of most of these games isn't production values, it's the unique gameplay.

Like when the guys was talking about how to play that moving game, I immediately imagined myself playing with my kids and laughing our asses off trying to beat times in it. On a reveal with only music, wouldn't have gained that.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
The Vale and Supermash stood out to me. Would love to play a game with no visuals

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Playstation announcing 5 indie games in 5 minutes today? Here's 6..videos each full of indie games XD. sweet, id@xbox has been killing it. Excited to check these out :D

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
A couple of these were a part of that huge Indie demo push Steam had a couple weeks ago!

Hazel Sky - Was absolutely intriguing. What you were doing wasn't that extraordinary (in the demo anyway), but the way the game is laid out made it feel like it was. It was also pretty intuitive without huge UI arrows or glowing bits showing you exactly what to do. You get to the part right in the trailer where you take off and fly. Super interested in this one. Note: If you did download this during the indie demo showcase, it is still there.

Spiritfarer - Not too much in the demo, except for meeting various characters. As was explained in the trailer, this is a strangely cozy game. Definitely one that seems ready to touch on the deeper aspects of life while being presented in a light-hearted style.

Moving Out - There is a demo live for this to try it out. https://store.steampowered.com/app/996770/Moving_Out/ I played with a few friends over remote play and (that part worked well enough), but the game is just straight hilarious. Kind of felt like a mix of sorts between overcooked + Human Fall Flat, but with moving furniture haha.

I am all for West of Dead, Hazel Sky, Adios, Spiritfarer and Haven for sure. So many amazing looking games though.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Wow, so many of these games seemed really cool! There's really more indie games in development than ever, it seems. Spiritfarer, Second Chance, Haven, Edge of Eternity, Moving Out, Lake, West of the Dead, Unto the End, Revenan't Reach, Minutes of Island, Undying, Star Renegades, Supermash, The Vale, She Dreams Elsewhere, Ghost Runner, Kung-Fu Kickball and The Big Con all appealed to me.

Last edited:

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I loved how this looked

ShadowyImaginativeAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

FaroffCorruptArrowcrab-size_restricted.gif

ThirstySandyIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

NiceHeavyAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif
this is from the devs of Furi, right? I believe it was revealed last year. Everything looks on point but the characters look terribly generic. Especially compared to how good the rest looks

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Finally got a chance to check these all out! It's a shame these aren't getting as much attention, because so many of these games look and sound fantastic. Probably not the type of game to do gangbusters on this forum, but I do want to check out calico lol.

Jan 4, 2018
So much turn based/tactical goodness!
And others in other genres that seemed interesting too.
I didn't expect Hazel to have combat like this, now I'm looking forward to it

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Great showcase of games.

I was interested in the The Red Lantern when they showed it at a Nintendo Direct I think and I'm really happy is coming to GamePass. Looks super interesting.

The Airport game and Adios were other highlights.

I enjoyed how you had the devs or people close to the game do the voiceovers. Nice touch.