• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Wait. It says that those that bought Doom 3 BFG get upgraded to Doom 3? I thought BFG was, arguably, the upgrade?

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Having OG Doom 3 as an option is sparkin great (not sure if that was a thing on steam before)

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
*sorry, double post**

Am I reading this right that if I only own Quake 2 vanilla I'll get the expansions for free ?

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
You're 18 years old
1000_F_115530605_ko9Y7IQMzOKLwDAqxCtnjNTcN0GGRla2.jpg

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Was worried when I saw "Delisting", but this really is just reorganizing things in a way that makes a bunch of sense tbh. I guess a shame to lose the demo versions, but really no big deal.

Still have to wonder if they'll bring back Wolfenstein 09 at some point.

If MS completes the Activision acquisition they could also bring Heretic II and Hexen II's expansion back

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean I now get Final Doom and Master Levels for Doom II, since I had the Doom II that came with BFG Edition?

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
They could use a source port for Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny instead of making users go out of their way to download ECWolf.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Doom 3 for Xbox was awesome, especially co-op
Still blows my fucking mind that it ran as well as it did with such limited concessions. I wasn't able to play it on PC at the time and I wasn't disappointed playing on console at all. One of the most well executed downports of all time up to that point, just top shelf stuff. Getting DOOM and DOOM II with the limited edition was such a treat too, really felt like they went all out. Still wish the BFG editions featured co-op using the Xbox's slightly widened co-op levels as a base.
It was, and has a very early 4 digit Steam ID too, 9050, to give you an idea on just how long it's been there.
We have an even earlier one than all the id titles, SiN, at 1313. *flexes*
WHAT'S A NIGHTDIVE DEVELOPER DOING HANGING AROUND THIS THREAD, EH? SCOPING OUT BEFORE YOUR BIG QUAKE 2 REVEAL? I GOT YA NOW, BUDDY!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
God I miss Quakeworld. Shoulda brought that back Nightdive, show the kids what an actual multiplayer FPS is.

I know it's easier said than done, plus the whole single-player thing.

But still.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I hope the Quake 2 Remaster has RTX😏

I hope the Quake reboot is kinda Quake 1 + 2 mixed together. Never played Quake Wars but throw some of that in there too.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they can finally bring Quake Champions out of 'early access' soon, which it's been in for 5 years. Add the final few champions and give it a legacy update that allows dedicated servers and custom maps so it can have the long life all the other quakes have had. Then start working on deathmatch MP for the next big id game because it should have that and not eternal's battle mode.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like decent changes / bundling.
Quakecon can gives me hope of more Doom. Particuarly after finally finishing Doom Eternal with all DLC recently and still feeling the urge to play more, I really hope we do hear of what's next for Doom.

Also any Quake, Wolfenstein or anything new for id is usually great

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
Eek, I have the entire Doom/Quake series on my wishlist.

I was waiting for a sale - do I need to jump on any right now?!

Black Soma

Oct 27, 2017
But what's Doom 2 Enhanced? The version that was on the Bethesda Launcher before? Is this coming to Steam too now?