• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Nuts, I seem to have gotten stuck at about 30%

i just got to the guy who shows you the warp room. Just beyond there I go down into a room that has a few platforms you can wrench up and a box with a purple triangle at the far end. I can't get back out of the room so I have to die to get out which seems weird. What am I missing?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the story is really taking me out of this game. Which is odd, because I'm usually a huge story guy.

Every cutscene ends with me scratching my head in confusion. Nouns are constantly being used to explain things already lost on me and by characters who don't care to explain anything.

I'm enjoying the game a great deal when I'm actually playing it and I don't want to skip the story because I actually do want to see where it's going but man, every time a cutscene starts, I let out a little sigh.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone can tell me where

Dr Gustavo is? After i met Mina again and the ice mountain

Thanks
Right inside the tower entrance, IIRC.

Nuts, I seem to have gotten stuck at about 30%

i just got to the guy who shows you the warp room. Just beyond there I go down into a room that has a few platforms you can wrench up and a box with a purple triangle at the far end. I can't get back out of the room so I have to die to get out which seems weird. What am I missing?
Wrench every point you can, then use the last one to swing out of the pit.

Last edited:

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
For those that have beaten the game, do you need to collect everything before the ending (whatever that is) or can you go back after to collect all of the chest?

Trying to avoid spoilers (About 8 hours into the game just to to
The Snowy Mountain, have not made it up the hill yet though

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
For those that have beaten the game, do you need to collect everything before the ending (whatever that is) or can you go back after to collect all of the chest?

Trying to avoid spoilers (About 8 hours into the game just to to
The Snowy Mountain, have not made it up the hill yet though
There's a save point next to a warp point right before the end.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im about 3-4 hours in, loving it so far. Really cool caracters and the bosses are fun to fight. If there is one thing I don´t like is that sometimes the explosions take a good portion of the screen and I can´t see my character or projectiles flying my way.

Deleted member 10601

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I usually do not like boss fights and apparently Iconoclasts has a lot of them. How are they on normal?

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wrench every point you can, then use the last one to swing out of the pit.

Something is still not making sense here

the leftmost platform (the one over the thorns) is stuck in the up position, so I can't use the wrench to swing up

Edit: wait, nevermind

i just got it to drop. I have no idea how I never saw that happening before :P

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I usually hate boss fights and apparently Iconoclasts has a lot of them. How are they on normal?

For the most part fairly easy/normal (although I have played 3 Castlevanias and one Metroid this month so my fingers are slightly in tune for 2D platformer boss fights. )

Health is generous on normal and if you die, which I have a few times you can retry the fight (so no having to make your way back) or load a recent save and come back to it later. Overall Normal difficulty is accurately labeled.

Going to try on a harder difficulty run 2 once I beat the game and see how that differs

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Just stumbled upon this game going through the PSN store looking for Celeste. This artstyle is more my jam.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pushed on some more after multiple deaths, I need to just figure out the best route to take them out.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Im about 3-4 hours in, loving it so far. Really cool caracters and the bosses are fun to fight. If there is one thing I don´t like is that sometimes the explosions take a good portion of the screen and I can´t see my character or projectiles flying my way.

yeah, a small arrow indicator would help

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to take out this enemy? Has electricity all around it

IvtHVTY.jpg

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just jumping in to say I am utterly in *love* with this game. Art, music, writing, gameplay, bosses, puzzles...every damn ounce of the game is great.

Except the tweaks, which should be way better, but I barely even notice, tbh.

Ruffy666

Oct 27, 2017
Overall this game is great. I find the controls a little less than intuitive personally but once you get used to them it's got that great sense of "flow" that top tier platformers have. Runs like a dream on Vita. The only thing I don't like-- that I'm seeing praised elsewhere-- is the writing. It is clunky to the point of distraction, like someone got a thesaurus for christmas and is trying to use big words that they don't quite understand. I have almost no idea what is going on with the story. But in spite of that, I still like the game a lot, especially as a handheld title.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overall this game is great. I find the controls a little less than intuitive personally but once you get used to them it's got that great sense of "flow" that top tier platformers have. Runs like a dream on Vita. The only thing I don't like-- that I'm seeing praised elsewhere-- is the writing. It is clunky to the point of distraction, like someone got a thesaurus for christmas and is trying to use big words that they don't quite understand. I have almost no idea what is going on with the story. But in spite of that, I still like the game a lot, especially as a handheld title.
I think clunky is the last word i could use to describe the writing. All the characters are well-written and interesting and that I can almost hear them in my head as they talk really is probably some of my highest praise I could give a voiceless game.

Deleted member 21858

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The animations are so good and cute too. When Robin is scared and shes like bitting her nails ARGHHH so good and cuuuute

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The animations are so good and cute too. When Robin is scared and shes like bitting her nails ARGHHH so good and cuuuute

Yeah! I love how when someone asked her name, it did a speech bubble of a robin bird lol!

I think my biggest gripe is definitely the controls/hitboxes.

It seems that the shooting is a little cumbersome in that you sometimes cant aim where you need to in combination with movement. If I jump up and aim up, the gun wont auto target ceiling enemies, so I need to stand under the enemy itself or try and aim UP+RIGHT, which unintentionally moves me forward

Hitboxes on things like wrench items could have also been more generous.

And it's easy to lose Robin in the midst of some crazy explosion/damage. Besides, that, everything is cool. The gunplay isn't frustrating yet, despite not being able to aim properly at some enemies, which mostly seems to be a problem with enemies above you

Oct 25, 2017
This was the other title that was streaming live on GMTK, along with Celeste. It said he was streaming it on Switch, but I guess that was a mistake. It looks pretty damn cool, and will hopefully do well.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Send help.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we should get a subtitle added into the thread title. I don't know, maybe it's just force of habit after all these years, but it just looks weird seeing "| OT |" with nothing after it!

Great game so far though. Been switching off between this and Celeste, they go quite well with each other funnily enough. A nice indie PB&J.

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm stuck on The Tower at;
"Having escaped the tower jail, you look for a way to help Mina and Elra"
. Anyone got any tips? I've ran up and down more times than I can remember, and I don't see how I'm supposed to get any more keys or unlock the cages. I've got my gun and spanner already.

Wozzer

QA Architect at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Got it.

Had to fire the rocket just right to trigger the movable block so the elevator could move to the top floor.

That was a nightmare to discover, and I'd completely overlooked the sign in my frustration going up and down the tower -_-.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Tower was brilliantly designed; had a ton of fun. And what a confrontation at the top! Holy shit.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to starting this once I've finished Celeste.

I say this confidently as if I'm definitely going to be able to finish Celeste.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the final boss now and I really do love the game. I've been frustrated so many times but the end is near. Glad the game is forgiving.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has 100% chest on blockrock? Can you upload it. I need like 2-3 more and can't find them thanks

s64xop.jpg

Deleted member 21858

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Found first terrible boss imo.

Escaping prison and the boos fight against the swordsman

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Sometimes I can hit him, sometimes I can´t.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
15-20 mins far, on harder mode. Not feeling it. Maybe I need to play more.

The puzzles with the bolt and wrench turned me off big time. Nothing to do with the challenge - it's just more pointless work.

Last edited:

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found first terrible boss imo.

Escaping prison and the boos fight against the swordsman

What the fuck am I supposed to do? Sometimes I can hit him, sometimes I can´t.
when he use attack that produce green light parry it with the wrench and smack him once. Repeat

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the game now that's it finally over. Beat it this afternoon after 12 hours haha.

Pretty good overall. I love how many of the puzzles give you an "ohh" feeling once solved, and how intuitive the game is.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I cant find the tower! Im in ferrier shockwood. I'm running around the entire area and Ive been at it for like an hour and a half. I thought it had to do with
The blocks with the electricity and the one spikey block... But I dont know. I did hear feel a rumble when I moved the blocks in some way, but absolutely no indication of where or what to do

Ive also already talked to
girl with the recipes and fed it to the girl with white hair

Edit: gave up and watched a video. I feel dumb. A bit frustrating since I tried the solution but it didnt work because
You cant bring the electric box into a refreshed area, and need to bring it to an area that is actually part of the same area...basically I tried to bring the electric box to the area it needs to go before, but it didnt work because the screen refreshes. But when u bring it from the top, its part of the same screen. My fault for giving up the solution since I was on the right tracl

Last edited: