• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
A World Order dictatorship
From their patiently crafted scheme
Corruption! The cancer that destroys us
Placate! They buy then bind us
Enslavement! Is there hope for those who falsely think they're free?
Cowards! They hide in ivory towers
Treason! Committed by the hour
Destruction! Without the Constitution in bondage we will be

Wow that's some shit Lunaray

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
A World Order dictatorship
From their patiently crafted scheme
Corruption! The cancer that destroys us
Placate! They buy then bind us
Enslavement! Is there hope for those who falsely think they're free?
Cowards! They hide in ivory towers
Treason! Committed by the hour
Destruction! Without the Constitution in bondage we will be

Wow that's some shit Lunaray

Yeah, The Glorious Burden raised all sorts of alarm bells in my head, but when I heard he was doing this side project I knew he was far gone.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna be honest, this one hurts :(

Sucks. Man if Hansi doesn't say something soon not sure what I'll do, that dude is like my metal god.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Don't know how long exactly this has been up on Blind Guardian's website. Date says 8th, which would indicate it's an indirect response to Jon Schaffer's involvement.

On the occasion of the assault upon the United States Capitol

We are deeply shocked and our thoughts are with the relatives of the deceased. We expressly distance ourselves from any kind of violence irrespective if applied against institutions or persons. The incidents will be thoroughly investigated and the responsibles will be brought to justice. We ask for your understanding that in view of the hourly news situation we will not make any further comments at present.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know how long exactly this has been up on Blind Guardian's website. Date says 8th, which would indicate it's an indirect response to Jon Schaffer's involvement.
I'm disappointed they aren't directly naming Jon and forcefully distancing themselves from him, but I'll cut them some slack if they publicly cut ties after charges are officially filed.

Oct 25, 2017
Also wtf am I supposed to do with my two concert-exclusive $45 Demons & Wizards shirts now? What a f*cking waste of cash!

Rot in hell, Jon.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I already had tickets for Godspeed You! Black Emperor the same day Demons & Wizards were here.
At least I can be proud I was among the small handful of attendees who abstained from chanting "Jon! Jon! Jon!" when Hansi introduced the band. Hansi, Markus, and Frederick got first-name chants too which I made sure I was super loud for to contrast with the dirty glare I gave Jonny boy during his moment in the spotlight.

My love of Hansi so heavily outweighed my distaste for Jon that I had zero issue spending almost a hundred bucks on D&W merch (which, for context to the uninitiated is a band who was defunct for fifteen years—ten of which I had been a fan for—before finally touring in the U.S.).

I wonder if MAGA chuds would overpay for them on the second-hand market now that D&W will be a toxic brand. They already gave away the entirety of their dignity (and then some), so it'd be sweet to strip them of some of their money too.

Except oh wait D&W doesn't create braindead country music so how the f*ck was Jon such an extreme far-right dipshit to begin with?

Blows the damn mind

Oct 25, 2017
Also Blind Guardian was (and maybe still is?) EviLore's favorite band. I only know this because I felt so special as a young, impressionable teen when I saw the overlord of my familial Internet community post nothing but BG albums in a "What are your top ten records of all time?" thread.

This was close to fifteen years ago at this point. Good Lord how times have changed

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Also TRIPLE POST B/C I'M DRUNK AND SAYING SURELY THE MODS WON'T THINK THIS FORUM REBELLION REGISTERS IN EVEN THE TOP GAZILLIONTH OF ACTIONS THAT DESERVE A PUNISHABLE OFFENSE IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD JANUARY 8, 2021 GODDAM WHY ARE WE CURSED WITH LIVING THROUGH THIS DISASTER OF THE UNIVERSE'S IMPOSSIBLY INFINITE TIMELINE AND ALSO WHY COULDN'T THE TWO REAL-LIFE CHILDREN VICTIMS DESCRIBED IN "FIDDLER AND THE GREEN" JUST HAVE BEEN JON INSTEAD OF INNOCENT KIDS AGGGGHHH

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
cancelled-stamp-square-grungy-red-260nw-1725169123.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Also wtf am I supposed to do with my two concert-exclusive $45 Demons & Wizards shirts now? What a f*cking waste of cash!

Rot in hell, Jon.
lol I have the long-sleeve, one of the rare times I picked a LS instead of the t-shirt!

I'll still wear it, fuck it, we're quarantined anyway :D

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I can't say im surprised about this, this guy has been sprouting this bs for years.

Gonna have a hard time hiding from the authorities though with his relative fame.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck... My Demons & Wizards album is looking weird now. Wonder what Hansi is thinking about all this.

Where are you from, if I may ask? I've visited numerous metal fests throughout Europe in the past 20 years; and except some "older people" I've found the "metal crowd" to generally be quite openminded about things. If I had to label it I would put most metal/hardcore fans and bands in a left-orientated corner. I'm not saying that there arent any right-wing people, there are enough known cases of (rightwing)-extremism (like a few black metal musicians, or neo-nazi hardcore bands). But they are a very small minority.

Being mostly in contact with the european prog community, most of those are quite clearly leftists. And the few in the black metal community that i know tend to bend towards marxism more than anything.

But yeah, i've also seen a few examples of nazi leaning dudes while in festivals. And we can't deny that some bands are extreme right in their lyrics and behavior. But it's really not a majority, from what i can see at least.

Last edited:

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I liked them early on but when I found out what a piece of shit this guy was, I stopped listening to them. I've always been uncomfortable with how the lead singer for Blind Guardian is so chummy with him but I should just accept that he's one of them.

Blind Guardian's Singer Hansi is a lefty and supports the German party Die Linke.

METALLIAN: What is the name of that left leaning party you mentioned you support?
HANSI: Die Linke.

METALLIAN - Blind Guardian

The Encyclopedia of heavy metal. A metal resource and portal with interviews, reviews and news on everything metal. Blind Guardian history, reviews and interviews.

It's far more likely they just never really talked about politics with this guy which is not uncommon for Germans.
Btw Trump was just this dumb goofy American president everyone including the media made fun of here all the time for the last few years. No one really took him serious before this happened so even if he actually mentioned that he supports Trump they probably just laughed a bit and moved on.

Last edited:

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
bumping this thread with actual news? The rest of Iced Earth just made an official statement.

"We want to thank those of you who have sent words of support in recent days. Some of you have been concerned by our silence, which we understand. We needed some time to properly process the information and find out some facts before we made a statement.

"We absolutely DO NOT condone nor do we support riots or the acts of violence that the rioters were involved in on January 6th at the US Capitol building. We hope that all those involved that day are brought to justice to be investigated and answer for their actions.

"With broken hearts we are sending our love and compassion to everyone who has felt pain from the events on January 6th. We are deeply saddened and our hearts go out to the families of the lives lost that day. There are really no proper words to console. Just know we are with you in your shock, grief and pain. Much love to you all.

Stu, Luke, Jake, Brent"

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
bumping this thread with actual news? The rest of Iced Earth just made an official statement.

"We want to thank those of you who have sent words of support in recent days. Some of you have been concerned by our silence, which we understand. We needed some time to properly process the information and find out some facts before we made a statement.

"We absolutely DO NOT condone nor do we support riots or the acts of violence that the rioters were involved in on January 6th at the US Capitol building. We hope that all those involved that day are brought to justice to be investigated and answer for their actions.

"With broken hearts we are sending our love and compassion to everyone who has felt pain from the events on January 6th. We are deeply saddened and our hearts go out to the families of the lives lost that day. There are really no proper words to console. Just know we are with you in your shock, grief and pain. Much love to you all.

Stu, Luke, Jake, Brent"

So I'm assuming Jon is no longer part of the band anymore. lol

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
Jon Schaffer is the only original member. All the other positions have been revolving doors since the band started.

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
So I'm assuming Jon is no longer part of the band anymore. lol
Jon Schaffer is Iced Earth. He is the only person who has the rights for the name.

It's the other way around. If the other members don't want to keep working with him they are no longer in the band. In that case Jon Schaffer has to either end the band or search for new musician who want to be part of the band.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
by the cop singer, they mean Matt Barlow - their "original" singer (the second and most well known singer). Stu Block is their current singer. So Barlow (beyond having been a cop... though he apparently only went to do that because of 9/11 so that may answer your question), is in the "clear" as of yet.
Not that it's important but he was the third singer. First was Gene Adam and second was John Greeley.

Interestingly John was kicked out of the band for being a racist

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Being mostly in contact with the european prog community, most of those are quite clearly leftists. And the few in the black metal community that i know tend to bend towards marxism more than anything.

But yeah, i've also seen a few examples of nazi leaning dudes while in festivals. And we can't deny that some bands are extreme right in their lyrics and behavior. But it's really not a majority, from what i can see at least.
If anything I'd say that far-right opinions seem distinctly more common among metal bands than metal fans, who tend to be accepting teddybears.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Ariel Pink has been a known Trump supoprter for a while now. Just take a look at his Twitter account.
I never paid attention to his personal life l, I just like a few of his songs. I'm shocked that he is a Trump supporter. His music screams old fashioned hippie liberal.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I never paid attention to his personal life l, I just like a few of his songs. I'm shocked that he is a Trump supporter. His music screams old fashioned hippie liberal.
I was suprised too, but then when I looked into his actual opinions and views and past behaviours, it all clicked into place.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
That is the weakest response from BG. Honestly, if this is how they want to look, they don't need my attention either. I think 'waiting for evidence' is just hoping this is just a big misunderstanding. Which it doesn't seem to be the case from the moment it developed. Super weak response.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
If anything I'd say that far-right opinions seem distinctly more common among metal bands than metal fans, who tend to be accepting teddybears.
I don't know man. Trump era has exposed lots of crazy ass fans. Blabbermouth.net comment section is WORSE than ever. Hard to believe...but yeah.