• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It's always curious to me that hip hop threads get a ton of people pouring in to (rightfully so) call out homophobia, but when rock bands/artists get threads you don't ever see the same response. I never see those same posters in a thread about The Smashing Pumpkins taking a stance against Billy Corgan's gross, hateful transphobic comments, or if a new Megadeth album gets announced nobody wants to cancel Dave Mustaine for the dumb shit he said about gay marriage. And the rampant pedophillia among the classic rock era doesn't ever get more than a couple shrugs.

We absolutely need to call out all of this bullshit, but for some reason people seem to only wanna be advocates when they can rail against a genre/culture they don't like. It's a trend I've noticed in this community for years.

It'd be nice to quote the people you're trying to call out. Your use of whataboutism is noted.

I've never even heard of Billy Corgan, and didn't know Smashing Pumpkins still exist.

I'm pretty happy to call homophobic behaviour out whenever it pops up, if I'm aware of it. I'm not exactly going to come into a thread about a specific person and bring up instances of other people though, that seems an odd thing to do.

I don't get why people feel the need to deflect from something awful someone's done, rather than just acknowledging they've done a shitty thing.

It's strange really.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He spent years in juvenile, they could have figured out that 15 years ago. This smells like bullshit.

https://www.gq.com/story/21-savage-profile-2018
Maybe I'm missing something here as someone not from the US, but why are a lot of people here joking about this? Besides the fact that he apparently has kids that'll likely be deported with him (if this is even true in the first place), isn't this a rather serious matter? Yet all I see are unfunny memes.
Because people are idiots.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
So they are taking revenge against him for speaking out on the bullshit that has been going on.

This is fucking terrible.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck ICE

21 (21)

But lol

21 (21)

EDIT: Sorry this post was bad I just think it's funny when he says "21" every few seconds

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Maybe I'm missing something here as someone not from the US, but why are a lot of people here joking about this? Besides the fact that he apparently has kids that'll likely be deported with him (if this is even true in the first place), isn't this a rather serious matter? Yet all I see are unfunny memes.
The kids are born here they won't be they are natural born citizens

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Man, next we're gonna find out Chris Tucker is really from Sussex, and likes eggy and soldiers for brekkie.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Naw he is terrible. All the people that matter got together and declared it so. You weren't invited so I understand why you weren't aware. Pass it on though.

Y'alls probably just a bunch of old fucks meeting at a "new music is terrible" fan club lol nobodys trying to take away your old person music siddx

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this. His team needs to release something soon. Is this a misunderstanding or was he really born in the UK and lived there until he was 12? That's a pretty big thing to never bring up in interviews. But it's not really a shocking omission because a lot of these new rappers give terrible interviews because they're too concerned with their image (and a lot act like they just don't know how to talk to people).

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Y'alls probably just a bunch of old fucks meeting at a "new music is terrible" fan club lol nobodys trying to take away your old person music siddx
Honestly I can't imagine listening to his latest album and thinking he was a bad rapper.

"A lot" was in my top 10 best rap songs last year.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this. His team needs to release something soon. Is this a misunderstanding or was he really born in the UK and lived there until he was 12? That's a pretty big thing to never bring up in interviews. But it's not really a shocking omission because a lot of these new rappers give terrible interviews because they're too concerned with their image (and a lot act like they just don't know how to talk to people).

Even if he's lived there till 12 he spent his teenage and young adult life in ATL and that's when you formed yourself the most.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I can't stop thinking about it because like, I understand twitter jokes are going to fly and all, but dude got picked up by ICE. This isn't a fuckin' game you know? ICE is a terrible organization and 21 Savage contributes more to society than all of them put together, dudes out there trying to make life in Atlanta better for kids who shared his circumstance and now we know he's an immigrant too?

Fuck outta here with the jokes abolish ICE is what we should be memeing about

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The majority of these rappers are phony. Its weird there were so many people thinking that despite him getting seized that his "story" was real and the authorities have it wrong.

This situation does indeed suck, and he should be allowed to stay. But alot of these rappers arent what they rap about in their songs. Remember that. There are some, but most are phony

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of these rappers are phony. Its weird there were so many people thinking that despite him getting seized that his "story" was real and the authorities have it wrong.

This situation does indeed suck, and he should be allowed to stay. But alot of these rappers arent what they rap about in their songs. Remember that. There are some, but most are phony

Why does ice have any fucking opinion on his persona?

Also he lived there since 12. How would it make what he said fake until proven?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh gosh, didn't think this story was real when I saw it in my feed yesterday. I saw a tweet in my feed and thought it was some fake article BS.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does ice have any fucking opinion on his persona?

Also he lived there since 12. How would it make what he said fake until proven?

I dont even understand how your first question applies to anything I said.

The second question, there were alot of posts callling bs in the first page and beyond saying he was born in atlanta and that that was what was real. It wasnt.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
So what are the chances that ICE has access to some NSA federal database and some ICEhole decided to check him out after his comments about kids at the border and then decide to do this as retribution?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Even if he's lived there till 12 he spent his teenage and young adult life in ATL and that's when you formed yourself the most.
True.
I can't stop thinking about it because like, I understand twitter jokes are going to fly and all, but dude got picked up by ICE. This isn't a fuckin' game you know? ICE is a terrible organization and 21 Savage contributes more to society than all of them put together, dudes out there trying to make life in Atlanta better for kids who shared his circumstance and now we know he's an immigrant too?

Fuck outta here with the jokes abolish ICE is what we should be memeing about
Oh I agree. I wasn't joking, it just find it amazing that it took this long to come out and that he never mentioned it publicly because it's a pretty big thing.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever wrote that tweet can fuck off. Seriously, why are you raking Demi over the coals and not literally everyone else making jokes at Savage's expense? If you want to act like it's "peak white woman" for a celebrity to find memes funny and then get harassed by the folks that are also enjoying them, keep that same energy with literally everyone else who's making fun of this dude while his life falls apart.

Accurate.

Also: 21's music being good or not is irrelevant to ICE deporting someone for a BS reason. Fuck ICE.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
To whoever saying 21 said something about ICE recently, you have a source? I want to see what he said.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
To whoever saying 21 said something about ICE recently, you have a source? I want to see what he said.
https://youtu.be/DmWWqogr_r8?t=296

Embeds are disabled for that video (why I'm just linking it) but if that doesn't take you to the right timecode go to 4:55
Went through some things, but I couldn't imagine my kids stuck at the border (Straight up)​
Flint still need water (Straight up), niggas was innocent, couldn't get lawyers (On God)​

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
First off, fuck ICE. That said, this story has provided a ton of laughs on social media. I honestly thought it was fake when I saw the first tweet about it yesterday morning.

Dude deserves to be a US citizen, though. He's had plenty of philanthropic contributions to the Atlanta community and has done far more good than bad. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting a good outcome given our current presidential administration.

Lastly, fuck ICE.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Free 21, that's my nigga and he ain't do nothin' wrong.

Hope everything works out for the man.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Free 21
Abolish ICE

for a supposedly "progressive" forum a lot of y'all are missing the point here

Yeah, I can't make a joke about a genuinely evil piece of shit like McCain after he died (not even about his death) who literally went out of his way to murder innocent people and put forward legislation that ruined lives. Yet taking the piss out of somebody who's being deported after he contributed a ridiculous amount to both the US economy (next to a regular person) and his Atlanta community by an institutionally racist organisation that murders kids and destroys family is fair game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can't make a joke about a genuinely evil piece of shit like McCain after he died (not even about his death) who literally went out of his way to murder innocent people and put forward legislation that ruined lives. Yet taking the piss out of somebody who's being deported after he contributed a ridiculous amount to both the US economy (next to a regular person) and his Atlanta community by an institutionally racist organisation that murders kids and destroys family is fair game.
Fixed that for you (a typo) and yeah, I agree.

21's done a lot of good. ICE has not.

Simple as that, for me.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For real.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really seeing what's funny at all about any of this but maybe it's because I don't know who 21 Savage is?

To me it seems like some guy maybe lied about where he came from (Ok?) and said some shit ICE didn't like and so they went after him because how dare anyone speak out.

Hilarious.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really seeing what's funny at all about any of this but maybe it's because I don't know who 21 Savage is?

To me it seems like some guy maybe lied about where he came from (Ok?) and said some shit ICE didn't like and so they went after him because how dare anyone speak out.

Hilarious.

There is something inherently hilarious about imagining 21 "Took the stand on your right hand man, so you had to die" Savage actually having a posh British accent and rapping about Bangers and Mash. So you have to give people some leeway to make fun of this.

However, ICE ain't no joke, and Savage being an immigrant to Atlanta doesn't change his story.

BrownWalrus

Nov 2, 2017

Hilarious.

I don't think think that's what happened, based on what i've seen reported. He was with another rapper (Young Nudy, and multiple other people) who got stopped by police and was basically caught in the crossfire.

Young Nudy, whose real name is Quantavious Thomas, was booked into the DeKalb jail on aggravated assault and gang charges about 4 a.m.
AJC.com first reported that 21 Savage, whose real name is Sha Yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, was taken into custody by ICE early Sunday morning. Both rappers were arrested following a traffic stop during which two additional people were taken into custody by DeKalb police, the source said.