• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.propublica.org

ICE Guards “Systematically” Sexually Assault Detainees in an El Paso Detention Center, Lawyers Say

Allegations include guards attacking victims in camera “blind spots” and telling them that “no one would believe” them in ICE detention centers, which imprison about 50,000 immigrants each year at a taxpayer expense of $2.7 billion.

Guards in an immigrant detention center in El Paso sexually assaulted and harassed inmates in a "pattern and practice" of abuse, according to a complaint filed by a Texas advocacy group urging the local district attorney and federal prosecutors to conduct a criminal investigation.

About 14,700 complaints alleging sexual and physical abuse were lodged against ICE between 2010 and 2016, according to federal data obtained by the advocacy group Freedom for Immigrants. The group found that only a small fraction were investigated by the Office of Inspector General.

In 2018, the most updated statistics available online, ICE reported 374 formal accusations of sexual assault, of which 48 were substantiated by the agency and 29 remained pending an investigation as of that year.

Most recently, in a May federal court filing in Houston, a Mexican woman said that she was in an ICE facility there in 2018 when she and two female detainees were moved to an isolated cell. Around midnight, three men wearing facial coverings entered the cell. They raped and beat them, according to the complaint. The immigrants were bused to Mexico hours later, where the woman eventually discovered she was pregnant from the assault.

Dec 31, 2017
Most recently, in a May federal court filing in Houston, a Mexican woman said that she was in an ICE facility there in 2018 when she and two female detainees were moved to an isolated cell. Around midnight, three men wearing facial coverings entered the cell. They raped and beat them, according to the complaint. The immigrants were bused to Mexico hours later, where the woman eventually discovered she was pregnant from the assault.

I have no words.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
These people are absolute fucking scum. ICE in its current form needs to go.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Disgusting that this is still happening in a country that claims to care about human rights and loudly proclaims to be the land of the free.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
Think of the opportunity for these monsters. Blind spots all over, and victims will soon be deported leaving nobody to report them, and being in the detention centre alone is enough for folks to not believe the victims.

Makes your blood boil.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This is the organization people want to reform or rebrand. Nope, needs to be nuked from orbit.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Blood boiling with every single ICE story. Abolish these sacks of shits already.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is disgusting, also $2.7 billion of American taxpayer money EACH YEAR is funding these ICE detention centers. Both reasons why ICE needs to be abolished.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not just abolished, each and every one of these fuckers need to be arrested and prosecuted.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
I do, Biden needs to nuke ICE and then prioritize making sure that as many of these pieces of shit see serious prison time for what they've done.

The most that would happen is they disband it and sweep all the atrocities under the rug let bygones be bygones. I have zero faith in the willingness of democrats leadership(excluding justice Dems) prosecuting any of these people.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Not just abolished, each and every one of these fuckers need to be arrested and prosecuted.
YES. I wish we could bring every single one of these terrorist fuckers to justice. They are far too protected and connected; fuckers think they are literally untouchable at this point.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thousands of sexual and physical abuse complaints lodged against ICE in a 6 year time period, most recent year of reporting for sexual assault only goes to 2018, no reporting from 2019 or 2020:

About 14,700 complaints alleging sexual and physical abuse were lodged against ICE between 2010 and 2016, according to federal data obtained by the advocacy group Freedom for Immigrants. The group found that only a small fraction were investigated by the Office of Inspector General.

In 2018, the most updated statistics available online, ICE reported 374 formal accusations of sexual assault, of which 48 were substantiated by the agency and 29 remained pending an investigation as of that year.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Feel free to disagree, but if you ask me, every single person involved in this, whether they participated in the assaults or helped cover it up, should be executed.

LexusNexus

Oct 28, 2017
... I need to report the ad that just came up when I loaded this thread...

A fully nude girl posing and spreading her legs...

I have a screenshot

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Fucking monstrous. That story that ended in pregnancy alone should be all that's needed to obliterate this fucking organization. It's a job tailor made for attracting the absolute worst sort of human beings humanity has to offer and granting them a playground of other humans they can abuse at their leisure.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
$2.7 billion spent so a bunch of shitstains can abuse (generally or otherwise) people they know are easy targets. And there's really no way you can "fix" this outside of getting rid of ICE entirely, since the job is always going to attract these types of people because of that.

Oct 27, 2017
Not even this, the people in the article are willingly exploiting a system with literal and figurative blind spots. Abhorrent behaviour.

This isn't "blind spots". Why do you think the administration refused to do even cursory background checks on people working at these camps? This is 100% what was intended from the start.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I can't comprehend what goes through the minds of rapists like these ICE agents. How are you even able to get it up when you're committing a monstrous crime like that? You have to be sick in the head, and therefore do not belong in civilized society.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
AOC and the squad got A LOT of shit last year during that infamous fight for border funding, and they've only been proven right time and time again to stand against doling out more cash to these terrorists, where oversight amounted to "cut it out please!"

www.cnn.com

Ocasio-Cortez slams border bill: US should not 'be throwing more money to ICE' - CNN Politics

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday slammed the version of an emergency border aid bill that passed the House Thursday, railing against what she called the lack of humanitarian provisions in the bill.
"I do not believe we should be throwing more money to ICE," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead." "My district is 50% immigrant. I have an obligation and responsibility to protect them. I believe what we should ideally be doing is passing a pure humanitarian bill to get money straight to the kids."
"We need to make sure these kids are protected as well as making sure we having their resources funded," she added.

Ocasio-Cortez was one of only four House Democrats to vote against the House version of the bill Tuesday that passed 230-195 to approve $4.5 billion in aid for the growing crisis at the US southern border. She later voted against the Senate bill, which the House passed by a vote of 305-102.

Abolish ICE - and if you're not for that or are even against arguing that in public, then you are the problem.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
AOC and the squad got A LOT of shit last year during that infamous fight for border funding, and they've only been proven right time and time again to stand against doling out more cash to these terrorists, where oversight amounted to "cut it out please!"

www.cnn.com

Ocasio-Cortez slams border bill: US should not 'be throwing more money to ICE' - CNN Politics

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday slammed the version of an emergency border aid bill that passed the House Thursday, railing against what she called the lack of humanitarian provisions in the bill.

Abolish ICE - and if you're not for that or are even against arguing that in public, then you are the problem.
Yup

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Abolish ICE.

In the meantime, I donate to RAICES. It's not going to solve the problem, but if my donation means one less person at the whims of these monsters, I'll do it.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gee? Who would have thought? A power structure like that? With a group of locked up people? With little to no rights? How could that EVER attract total assholes like these rapists?

Seriously, this should have been known that this would happen, and the pain and suffering is on the hands of the administration that set up these camps and those that maintained it! That doesn't mean these rapists should go to jail.

Sorry if I seem to joke, I just find this disturbing yet very obvious at the same time. It is disgusting to a point that you're headbutting the screen you're typing on!

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Gee? Who would have thought? A power structure like that? With a group of locked up people? With little to no rights? How could that EVER attract total assholes like these rapists?

Seriously, this should have been known that this would happen, and the pain and suffering is on the hands of the administration that set up these camps and those that maintained it! That doesn't mean these rapists should go to jail.

Sorry if I seem to joke, I just find this disturbing yet very obvious at the same time. It is disgusting to a point that you're headbutting the screen you're typing on!
This was known. I can't even remember what bullshit the dems/repubs justified it with but I know it was the moment that my family and I started planning to gtfo of the US.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This was known. I can't even remember what bullshit the dems/repubs justified it with but I know it was the moment that my family and I started planning to gtfo of the US.
OH yeah, no doubt, but these kind of organizations also attract shitheels like that. They go for that power trip thing, and with little to no oversight these they were pretty much free to do what ever they wanted, like there was in this case - as really cruelty was the point with the way they treated people!-

I really hope they also look into the "children camps" (Sorry I don't know how else to put it, as it is that disgusting :( ), for this as well... as the same crap and worse probably happened there. But the real pissrags, the politicians and prison industrial lobbyists, will get off scot-free! When really everybody sane knew this would happen. The moment you have a power difference like that, it happens.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Repeating my honest reaction to reading this would likely earn me a ban. Nothing makes me as violently angry as this kind of stuff.

So I'll just say that I hope everyone involved gets what they deserve.

www.cnn.com

Yup. I'd go a step further and say that the entire Department of Homeland Security needs to be dissolved. Fire everyone and jail as many as you can find incriminating evidence on. Make an example out of them.

Any necessary functions they carried out can be restored under different Departments in the government.