• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I worked for iam8bit last year when they did the whole "Passport to Iron City" Alita experience in Brooklyn, all I can say is that John was one of the nicest and most passionate people I've meet, and I'm sure that he was really excited for a potential E3 collaboration, shame to see so many posters just dogpiling on the company itself. Sure, the leaked presentation slides sounded bad, but as with everything a lot of stuff changes up until the doors open, but we'll never know so nothing lost, nothing gained.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
ESA has responded to iam8bit resignation: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-03-05-iam8bit-resigns-as-e3-2020-creative-director

Update: Iam8bit returned a request for comment, and declined to offer details on the reasons for its departure. However, a representative added that the company has "every confidence with the parties involved with E3."

The ESA has also responded with a statement as follows:

"We can confirm that Iam8bit is no longer part of the inter-agency group working on E3 2020. We greatly value their passion for the video game industry and the contributions they brought toward our vision for this year's show.

"We have an innovative and experienced team in place including Endeavor's creative agency 160over90, event innovators Mat+Lo and longtime E3 partners, GES, Dolaher Events and Double Forte -- all collaborating to bring to life an exciting and authentic experience for fans, the media and the industry
."

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
I can't even imagine how bad the COVID-19 situation will be by June. There's no way E3 was going to happen this summer anyway.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TVlOy1n.jpg

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
With both Keighley and now this, I really do hope E3 happens just because I'm morbidly curious to see what was driving them off.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
iam8bit throws incredible industry parties, events, and experiences (Alita: Battle Angel was off the GODDAMN chain). This has nothing to do with their ability to deliver, I assure you.

I'll leave it at that.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
E3 is going to be a total shitshow and I can't wait to see the wreckage

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The whole situation with E3 bums me out. E3 has been a thing for me almost forever. I'm old, so I remember when CES was the big show before E3 existed. Anyway, I'll seriously miss E3 if it ends up gone for good :(

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the organizers doing behind the scenes that make all these gaming industry vets want to get as far away as possible.

It makes me wonder why Nintendo and Xbox are still on board.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
What are the organizers doing behind the scenes that make all these gaming industry vets want to get as far away as possible.

It makes me wonder why Nintendo and Xbox are still on board.

It's a great way for MS to network with smaller studios. Their presence at E3 is not really "at E3" anyways. They have their own building and do business meetings outside any E3 locations, so they have technically already left E3. :)

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The whole situation with E3 bums me out. E3 has been a thing for me almost forever. I'm old, so I remember when CES was the big show before E3 existed. Anyway, I'll seriously miss E3 if it ends up gone for good :(
Yeah I hope they can get their shit together and admit that they've made poor choices.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the ESA is doing for this years E3 must be really bad or really present a conflict of interest for these people and Keighley to just leave with subtle drops of their being a bigger reason for it. Corona Virus may just help them this year if they have to cancel gives them another year to fix whatever they are doing and just present it as some online event.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't those the guy who can't even handle the specialty game releases they're involved with right? If you fail on such a small scale regularly who would think it's a good idea to involve them in the big leagues, especially when you're already in trouble like the ESA is?

Edit: Don't take this the wrong way, but in this case Corona virus might actually a blessing for the ESA to have a reason to scrap this event and save face before getting completely exposed on a worldwide stage.

Last edited: