• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

www.iam8bit.com

Annapurna Interactive Deluxe Limited Edition

Limited Edition. Ultra Premium Folio Package. 8 Annapurna Interactive Games, Including the First Physical PS4 Release of Telling Lies and Gorogoa. iam8bit creates unique, exclusive and limited merchandise. Collector’s Edition physical games to vinyl soundtracks, fine art prints and beyond.

included games:
Donut County
Gorogoa
Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
Outer Wilds
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Telling Lies
Wattam
What Remains of Edith Finch

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Closest thing games have had to a Criterion boxset. I'm in love.

(But damn that's pricey)

nny

Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't paid a premium already for physical copies of most of those games I would definitely consider it. I would love one of these for Double Fine releases.

David Addison

Oct 28, 2017
Closest thing games have had to a Criterion boxset.
https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Id_Anthology
The id Anthology was a collection released in 1996 by id Software of all the games they had so far made. This not only includes all of the Doom games prior to Doom 3, but also Quake, Wolfenstein 3D and every game in the Commander Keen series. However, it does not contain Heretic and Hexen, which id co-developed with Raven Software. In total there are 19 games contained on four CDs.

The anthology is particularly prized by collectors, as it contains not only the games, but various collectible items. These are:

• The Book of id, a book that details the history of id Software.
  • A poster
  • An id Anthology phone card.
  • Two dog tags with the id logo and the id Anthology logo
  • A pewter Cyberdemon miniature.
  • A black t-shirt with the id Anthology logo.
  • The Doom comic.
The Elder Scrolls Anthology was no slouch, either.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Very nice collection. Placed an order although their site was very slow so if interested may want to get on that given it's so limited.

jlegs

Nov 14, 2017
Super neat but I'd much rather have the traditional game cases for each release.

don't wanna get too pushy with the brand placement but fwiw, we do have a retail version dropping as well that has traditional PS4 jewel cases

1ZZ1uugw.png

Sola1r3

Jun 20, 2018
Annapurna is the most consistent publisher out there.
Quantiny + Quality simply oustanding

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Only really interested in three games in that set and I already own them all but the idea of a Criterion style boxset for games is great.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Wish I had the disposable income to buy this. I own 5 of the 8 games already though.
Annapurna Interactive really are an amazing publisher though.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I have yet to play a bad Annapurna game, this is a stellar collectors set. A wee bit pricey for my liking but it is what it is.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really nice, but no interest in physical PS4 games anymore. Had this been for Switch I would've picked it up at any price.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Damn, Outer Wilds and Kentucky Route Zero in one box set, that's the GOTY two years in a row right there.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All of those games are good, but some significantly moreso than others. If I didn't already own most of them I'd pick it up for Outer Wilds, Sayonara, and Kentucky Route 0 in a heartbeat.

It's fine but the other games like Gorogoa, Finch, Sayonara and KR 0 outclass it by a fair margin, it's not that remarkable or unique compared to those games imo. Really need to try Outer Wilds but I'm put off a bit by the time loop concept.

OMG don't be! Its basically one of my games of the generation, you just need to get past the timer being an obstacle and instead look at it like tool in your adventuring toolbox that brings you back from failure. I totally understand the anxiety it gives some people, but one of the themes of the game is the cosmic zen of your circumstances and if you lean into it you'll get to experience a genuinely remarkable experience unlikely anything else.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
All of those games are good, but some significantly moreso than others. If I didn't already own most of them I'd pick it up for Outer Wilds, Sayonara, and Kentucky Route 0 in a heartbeat.

OMG don't be! Its basically one of my games of the generation, you just need to get past the timer being an obstacle and instead look at it like tool in your adventuring toolbox that brings you back from failure. I totally understand the anxiety it gives some people, but one of the themes of the game is the cosmic zen of your circumstances and if you lean into it you'll get to experience a genuinely remarkable experience unlikely anything else.
Do you have unlimited cycles, is there a way you get locked out of content? I'm fine with it if it's done in a way that's not punishing like in Sexy Brutale but I don't know if Outer Wilds is similar. 22 minutes is not a long time before things reset.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine but the other games like Gorogoa, Finch, Sayonara and KR 0 outclass it by a fair margin, it's not that remarkable or unique compared to those games imo. Really need to try Outer Wilds but I'm put off a bit by the time loop concept.
P...please...please try it

It's SO GOOD

Edit: Unlimited cycles, you cannot get locked out of content.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have unlimited cycles, is there a way you get locked out of content? I'm fine with it if it's done in a way that's not punishing like in Sexy Brutale but I don't know if Outer Wilds is similar. 22 minutes is not a long time before things reset.

Unlimited cycles, and you aren't locked out of anything. Think of it like a big, meticulously designed sandbox that changes over the course of 22 minutes. At 22 minutes - or if you die any other way - the entire sandbox resets and you go back to the start. You can reach almost anywhere you want to be in a couple minutes. A handful of the puzzles require you to figure out where/when you want to be in order to do certain things, like Groundhog Day, but the vast majority of it is meant to explored at your leisure over the course of many different resets.

Generally you will spend 20 minutes exploring, and right before the reset you'll discover something that either piques your interest or allows you to return even faster via a shortcut. The game is designed to be explored and figured out at your own pace. The collectibles are all collected on your ships computer and maintained between resets, so you won't ever lose quantifiable progress between resets.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Outer wilds is almost worth $200 on it's own.

Games are very hard to make and it's cool to celebrate the times when it goes well. I can see collectors etc loving this.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
OH NO I NEED THIS SO BAD but

ac9a2c18a753980524cfaccffb83003a.jpg

joke aside, AI have been consistently publishing games that I absolutely adore, would consider must-plays & some of the best games I ever played. Played both KR0 & Outer Wilds for the first time this year & nothing else has even remotely come close since. They're also delightful & funny & just.. genuine on Twitter, it's so rare & really a breath of fresh air amidst all the awful shit this industry has to offer. Hurts my heart that I always seem to miss the times where they restock their merch or have the store open in the first place :(