• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
With cult favorite titles like Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom getting (fantastic) remakes, I'd really love to see another cult favorite kids game get the same treatment. Lego Island was a bizarre and surprisingly deep game full of adventure despite its younger target age. It's a huge hassle to run on modern systems currently where the FPS is tied to your system speed. Lego is also still INCREDIBLY huge and I think a kid of today would enjoy it just as much as I did when I first played it.

Plus dat soundtrack.

2 would be cool too, but the game lost a lot of its quirkiness in the sequel

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I saw recently that Lego commissioned a big retrospective on their involvement in video games and the first thought I had was "why can't I buy Lego Racers on Steam." I have a CD copy but it's the wrong version for the widescreen hack to work apparently.

I never played the Island games but I would pick them up in a heartbeat if they were cleaned up and reissued on PC. Love that era of games.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Give me a legoland and a lego loco remake while you're at it. I miss experimental lego games

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
LEGO Island is the game that introduced me to video games. My parents had a bunch of educational games like Reader Rabbit and that's how I learned to read. My educational upbringing was then just plopping me in front of the computer for a few hours lol.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'd really love a retrospective package that just put all these on Steam, maybe with some interviews & archive stuff.

Licenced games like these are such a big part of so many childhoods, and yet they vanish so easily due to rights expiring. Shame.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
These games really need to come to Steam and GOG, trying to play them on modern hardware is near impossible. Lego Rock Raiders is fun and it would be nice to get re-released.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
This was my 1st ever PC Game. Ran like molasses but I still remember having fun with it.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels like everyone played this game as a kid. How many copies did it sell?

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd enjoy a Lego Island sequel, even as someone who has only seen the game in vids, it looks charming.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Lego Rock Raiders as well please!

Is there anyway to run these on modern Windows 10 machines?

I miss them

OP
OP
data west

data west

Oct 25, 2017
2spoopy

PVAu4xn.jpg

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the LEGO Island assets could be AI upscaled.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
I would be all over that.

I'd love a LEGO First Generation Games Collection.

LEGO Island, LEGO Racers, LEGO Island 2, LEGO Racers 2, LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts, etc.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I would like Lego games that don't have any other franchise or brand in it, like Star Wars, DC, Harry Potter, etc.
Just make it pure like Lego Island games. Or Undercover.

As pointed by others, if they can remake Lego Loco, I will be an extremely happy person in this world. That game was like my first Simcity when I was young.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I wish my current PC had a disc drive; I've still got Lego Racers around here somewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Lego Island was among the first PC games I played. Our Gateway Windows 95 machine didn't handle the game well and the game ran at probably single-digit fps, but as a kid I just thought that was how it was supposed to run. No wonder I could never beat The Brickster with the helicopter pizza gun!

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I loved this game as a kid lol. Good ass memories with it, messing with the vehicle editor was so fun at the time.

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
Lego Island was soooo much fun. So many hours pumped into that silly game. I never could catch the Brickster, though. I blame my crappy PC.

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I loved this game as a kid. Was my first and only PC game that was mine and not from my brothers. I remember not knowing how to install it so always had to have my brothers help me set it up. I'd love to go back to it again and play it

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP you brought back so many memories for me. I would be all over a remake or pot of LEGO Island!

Brian Crecente

Pad and Pixel
Verified
Jan 14, 2018
New York, NY
Hey all you LEGO Island fans, you really should listen to today's episode of Bits N' Bricks. It's all about the creation of LEGO Island. Let me know what you think. (We also talk to the fan-driven project working to recreate LEGO Island for modern gamers)

padandpixel.com

LEGO Island: Birth of a LEGO Video Game

It may not have been the first LEGO® video game, but it was arguably the most impactful.  LEGO Island released in September 1997 to overwhelmingly positive reviews. The open-world LEGO game went on to become a best seller

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
What a trip down memory lane. I had Lego Island as a kid and played through the whole game running at like 2 fps because our family PC was too weak.
It was a literal slideshow but damn was it exciting nonetheless.

Baetmaen

Mar 13, 2023
well, after all this time a found a LEgo Rock raiders remake at least. they call it manic miners and the have plenty of custom levels which are great! have fun if u want to test it!

Indie guy

Jul 11, 2022
Italy
Speaking of old Lego games, I've found memories of playing for hours the Lego Racers demo on PC in 199! Was it considered to be a good game, or I liked it just because I was a kid?