• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA has a pretty incredible warchest of IPs that they haven't touched in generations. They could lean into them and make some really great stuff. Some properties off the top of my head that I'd love to see EA take another stab at:

hqdefault.jpg

There has never been a bad Strike game, every single game in the series, on every platform, from Genesis to gameboy to playstation to saturn, has been great. A modern strike game with graphics and budget ala Xcom or Halo wars 2 or similar would be incredible.

51cXRmnTLTL._SY445_.jpg

Mutant League Football should be for football what NBA Jam was for basketball. Yes, I know about NFL Blitz, but midway doesn't exist anymore. Mutant League Football could fill the gap perfectly.

Pinball_Dreams.jpg

The Pinball Dreams/Illusions/Fantasies series is probably the greatest video pinball series ever made. A little while back, the Crush series of pinball games got a spiritual sequel in the form of Demon's Tilt pinball that was excellent. With Epic games seemingly never making another Epic Pinball, it'd be amazing to see EA revive the Dreams series instead. Put DICE back on the franchise that put them on the map.

It's been weird how the Need for Speed series got all the sequels, while the Road Rash series has withered and died. Like the Strike games, there really are no bad road rash games. There is Road Redemption today, but it misses a lot of what made Road Rash incredible. i'd love Road Rash to come back and show everyone how it's done.

1bdbb22b0448b2793d23384764a53bc8.jpg

Sort of a swerve, but before there was photoshop, there was Deluxe Paint. Deluxe Paint was, at one time, the industry standard for computer graphics design. A new VR-focused Deluxe Paint would be incredible for productivity.

EA should branch out more and go back to what made them really hot in the early days. nostalgia is in, EA has a lot in the vault. I wish so badly they'd tap into it.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
They own Beetle Adventure Racing.

Remake that game, damn it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm really glad they're FINALLY going back to Command & Conquer. Hopefully that opens the door to other IPs to get used past just mobile titles.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
The creator of Mutant League Football/Hockey put out a game a few years ago called Mutant Football League. It's pretty great, takes Mutant League and mixes it with Blitz.
www.resetera.com

Mutant Football League|OT|: MFL Blitzing my way to the Mayhem Bowl.

Official Thread Mood music brought to you by Monsatan Industries"If the law can't stop us do you think you can?" Mutant League Theme cover Play the demo brought to you by Steam"If there's a 3 in there we ain't touching it!" Steam Store Page Release Date: (PC)October 31st 2017, (PS4 and Xbox...

It's pretty crazy we haven't seen a Strike or Road Rash collection.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The creator of Mutant League Football/Hockey put out a game a few years ago called Mutant Football League. It's pretty great, takes Mutant League and mixes it with Blitz.
www.resetera.com

Mutant Football League|OT|: MFL Blitzing my way to the Mayhem Bowl.

Official Thread Mood music brought to you by Monsatan Industries"If the law can't stop us do you think you can?" Mutant League Theme cover Play the demo brought to you by Steam"If there's a 3 in there we ain't touching it!" Steam Store Page Release Date: (PC)October 31st 2017, (PS4 and Xbox...
my boss plays in a band featured in that game iirc

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Not just old IPs, old identites of current IP. Need For Speed 3 needs a remake, back to pure arcade racing with amazing fantasy tracks and sense of speed.

Their street racing infatuation is a bore and their occasional attempts to lean into light sim never bring any substance.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They botched arguably the most influential game series of all time (Ultima) so it would be nice if they brought it back in a non-bullshit capacity as just an infinitesimal step towards a redemption arc.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ea should rehire peter molyneux and his team team and reboot Populous

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
EA makes a ton of money on games that can be heavily monetized .... that unfortunately don't interest me.

If their old properties can't be leveraged as GAAS or mobile, then they don't seem to interest EA.
I feel like they only deviate from this once a year (Mirror's Edge Catalyst, C&C Remaster) - and make a big deal about it - as a way of saying 'please stop voting us the worst corporation in the world.'
Maybe one of these years, you will win the EA lotto, Krejlooc. :)

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if EA owns it but Archon could use a modern version. The one from a decade ago didn't do it for me.
2582b56b155be75bd7cb57be38159368.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They botched arguably the most influential game series of all time (Ultima) so it would be nice if they brought it back in a non-bullshit capacity as just an infinitesimal step towards a redemption arc.
Ian Frazier works in a director position at Motive, there is zero doubt in my mind that he has pitched an Ultima revival at some point to EA.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
If they carry on with C&C remasters and do Siberian Sun and RA2 next, I'm gonna be all over that. The original C&C and RA just don't pluck any real heart strings for me.

Black & White revival would've been nice.

EA should do was Squeeenix does through its Collective initiative and let other devs pitch ideas using their old, out of use IPs.

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
Ian Frazier works in a director position at Motive, there is zero doubt in my mind that he has pitched an Ultima revival at some point to EA.
I believe that he sounded out the UDIC, of whom he is a member, about a remake of Ultima 7. Though he did make it quite clear that it wasn't offical.

Star Long also advised that EA declined to license Ultima and Wing Commander "as they still had plans for them"

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA should do was Squeeenix does through its Collective initiative and let other devs pitch ideas using their old, out of use IPs.
Isn't that what EA Partners is kinda? Like is there a hard rule saying they can't use EA IP or do most Indie devs rather funding for their own stuff?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

That Haunting was only a one-off always makes me sad. It wasn't a perfect game but it was really unique and I wish they (or someone) would do more with the concept.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Well considering I've only played 4 EA games this entire gen (BF 4 and 1 which both aren't great, Unravel and Titanfall 2), I would very much like to see them producing different things than their current output, whether that be older IPs or whatever. As it stands, a Titanfall 3 is probably the only EA game I would play in the future.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how much appeal a Road Rash would have right now... maybe an arcade game?

Command and Conquer I'd love to see