• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in highschool and my whole family went to see the movie for some reason. Mom, dad, sister, brother, a rare thing for us all to go at the same time. My sister and I love Tom Hanks so we went to see the movie specifically because it was the new Tom Hanks flick. So I'm sitting in the theater next to my dad, and he's been clearly enjoying the movie.

It's the very last scene, when he and Leonardo DiCaprio are at the table discussing grifting techniques. They're saying their final lines of dialog, and my dad nudges me with his elbow and leans in. "Hey! That's TOM HANKS!!" he says all excited. The credits rolled a few moments after revealing to him that, yes, he was correct, this dude:

91eH%2Bs1U8OL._SX385_.jpg

was indeed Tom Hanks. My sister and I often joke that my dad is one of the people who would have been fooled by Clark Kent's glasses as a result.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
That's hilarious. I would have laughed my ass off. Nice little story OP. It's one of my favorite Spielberg/DiCaprio/Hanks movie. Not as a group but individually.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I went to see The Dark Knight with some people opening night. It gets to the part where Harvey is burned up in the hospital bed and turns to shout at Joker or whoever. My friend Leah audibly gasps and yells, "TWO FACE!!" The entire theater erupts in laughter.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went to see The Dark Knight with some people opening night. It gets to the part where Harvey is burned up in the hospital bed and turns to shout at Joker or whoever. My friend Leah audibly gasps and yells, "TWO FACE!!" The entire theater erupts in laughter.

Ha, I bet that would have been a great surprise if you had no idea who Two Face was before he got scarred.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
When DiCaprio gives his name as Barry Allen, did you nudge your dad and say "That's the Flash"?

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I saw Ford V Ferrari this guy was talking to his girl through most of the film. The best part was when the obvious scene from the trailer comes up where Bale punches Damon, he tells his girl loudly: "I bet he's gonna punch him!" and then laughed hysterically when it happened. "I told you! He punched him!", he told all of us loudly. He sure did tell us.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think the best "IS THAT HIM?!" moment everyone unanimously had when the credits rolled was when that the greasy sleazy fat bastard in Tropic Thunder is revealed to be none other than Tom Cruise.

Never seen the crowd go nuts when the realization kicked in. We lost our collective self.