• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

year3255

Oct 25, 2018
ah, the oppressive forces of misandry strikes again where guys are excluded from hanging out in the dressing area of lady clothing stores.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I've been shopping with my wife for near 15 years and never once been asked to leave the area outside of the dressing rooms in all female stores. Not even when it was super crowded. I've never even heard of it happening until today.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People have been ignoring Men's Rights, OP. Don't worry OP, it's just the way the world is now. Pretty soon us men won't even be allowed to leave our homes. Aaarrgggh

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
IT'S 2019 why cant men just go into women's dressing rooms all willy-nilly it's not like there's been a mass movement against sexual harassment committed by men against women for the past few years

this is the worst sexism ever :(

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I've been shopping with my wife for near 15 years and never once been asked to leave the area outside of the dressing rooms in all female stores. Not even when it was super crowded. I've never even heard of it happening until today.

well there's yer problem, you just weren't """"""progressive"""""""" (his words) enough to take a walk through the changing areas. it's 2019, come on

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
this is like those situations in movies where the character could have just said the important thing but they are interrupted by something they could have ignored or just decide to say it later cause it's more convenient for the plot.

i hate that shit

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
jacknicholsonblink.gif

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
It's a women's only store, you are in the dressing room area where you aren't supposed to be...

... how is this so confusing?
This, especially with Charlotte Russe , don't they market more toward teen girls especially? When I'm with my S/O and she goes into V/S or any kind of store like that I generally wait in the common area or walk around some of the dumbass electronics kiosks that have taken over the niche sharper image used to have.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like

This would never happen with the sexes switched tho

Guess I was thinking too progressively.

🙏🏻✊🏻😔

You know what, I don't even believe you have a girlfriend. It's too early in the week for a troll thread.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol, the normal response to this situation is "my girlfriend asked me to come back here, sorry" without passive aggressive shit.

This has happened to me. I was just sincere and apologized and the staff was chill.

Like normal people.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about this store, but I've been to some stores with gendered changing rooms where it was just curtains for privacy (which you can easily peer through from the sides).

I haven't really encountered any like that to my recollection. Plenty where the doors were exposed at the top and bottom like bathroom stalls though.

Edit: The last time I did this was at Lilly Pulitzer Secret Sale thingy and all of the women thought it was amazing and sweet that I was helping my wife out.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, that was a pretty fast backfire. But seriously OP, I've tried on and purchased bathing suits at stores like that. I wouldn't appreciate random guys walking the dressing room hallways and maybe walking into my room :3 Stay out pls.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
I mean, it wasn't even necessarily staff was it? The lady mentioned having girls back there, coulda been a parent.

I feel like if OP didn't act like a muppet and responded like a normal person it wouldn't have even been an issue.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
As a woman who has both worked in and frequented these kind of stores, you didn't do anything wrong. It's completely normal for guys to wait in that area while their wives/girlfriends try on clothing. Are you sure it was the manager and not just some teenager's overly concerned mother? Granted being forthright about your reason for being there would have probably cleared things up.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
How could I? The doors all lock and are individual stalls. I don't even understand the distinction you are trying to make.
Different stores have different setups for changing areas. Some are obviously meant to be more secluded, others are more open, some are divided by gender, others are mixed, and stores aren't going to all have the same policies for various reasons. If Store A doesn't want men in the women's changing area, "but Stores X, Y, and Z allow it" isn't a valid justification for why it should be allowed in Store A. It can be a one-time excuse in the vein of "oops sorry, didn't know" but to think it's sexism...HAH

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, the normal response to this situation is "my girlfriend asked me to come back here, sorry" without passive aggressive shit.

This has happened to me. I was just sincere and apologized and the staff was chill.

Like normal people.

Seriously lmao. Right after I finished reading the OP I just thought why wouldn't you just say your girlfriend is there? So strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.