• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is star wars.

You are meant to watch the really bad content.Then after that, you need to watch the newer content and somehow be surprised and angry when it is also bad.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I started Rebels! I liked the first two episodes well enough that I decided to just watch the whole thing without skipping any episodes. I'm honestly enjoying it way more than Clone Wars - I think because the cast is the same every episode so you build up more of a bond with them.

(Zeb is the best, Chopper is an asshole, Hera had a French accent for a minute???, Rex is dad, Kanan and Sabine are fine, Ezra thankfully isn't as douchey as he looks!)

I just finished S2 and whew that finale! :O

I suppose they handled Ahsoka not knowing about Anakin being Vader fairly well, though, again, the fact that she didn't bother to investigate herself and immediately went into years long hiding is dumb. Anyway. Their scenes were great and everything but I kinda wish the writers had had the balls to kill Ahsoka. They've apparently got more story for her but idk I think Vader should have killed her during their showdown. I guess we'll see where they take her in the final two seasons + Mando (hope Mando doesn't spoil anything for me šŸ˜¬ )

Barriss did feel like a major dropped ball, not just for that series, but also since that series. The way her story ended in season 5 makes it clear they had bigger plans for the character... and yet I don't think it is spoiling anything to say they still have yet to follow that up in any way.

Oh, is she still alive? I figured they just executed her off screen.

It will be interesting how the upcoming Bad Batch spin-off series handles things, since there is a strong potential it can deal with a few aspects I would have liked to see at the end of TCW (albeit from a very specific point of view).

What do we know about the Bad Batch spin off? Does it take place before or after Rebels?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(Zeb is the best, Chopper is an asshole, Hera had a French accent for a minute???, Rex is dad, Kanan and Sabine are fine, Ezra thankfully isn't as douchey as he looks!)
I wish Rex had become part of the main crew.

Oh, is she still alive? I figured they just executed her off screen.

??? I guess, but yeah the original plan was to definitively kill her off on screen but then they changed their mind because they had additional plans... and we have yet to see whatever they are (if they ever still come to fruition).

What do we know about the Bad Batch spin off? Does it take place before or after Rebels?
Before Rebels. At least to start. Shortly after the end of the Clone Wars. We still don't know very many details though. It's supposed to air in February.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Hera had a French accent for a minute???

I thought it was a nice touch, actually, that the implication is Hera has taught herself a "Star Wars/American" accent, but when she gets mad, it slips, and her native Twi'lek accent comes out. That's just a nice, realistic, linguistic touch that any immigrant can relate to.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The finale of Rebels season 2 might be my favorite of all the animated star wars-dom and its all thanks to that amazing Ahsoka Theme arrengement

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

Watch all highlighted recommended episodes AND the "Honorable Mentions" episodes. Skip the episodes that aren't marked at all. Also I'd recommend skipping the pilot movie, just know Anakin is given an apprentice named Ahsoka (The orange alien girl).

Don't worry about chronological order. Just watch it in the release order using this to skip the not-good stuff. The short answer as to "why" is that it's an anthology series. Every 3-4 episodes is a completely different story with completely different characters. Eventually many of them interweave. Some are sequels to others. Some are prequels to others. That's where the chronological order gets weird, but seriously don't worry about it. It all makes sense if you just watch it this way imo.
the fact that this exists is so crazy lol

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that this exists is so crazy lol
It's not that crazy. I'm all for people who want to just watch the whole show. But many many people straight up didn't get into the series because they either watched the awful movie or an episode of season 1 and determined it was a dumb kids show not worth their time. Even now, with renewed interest thanks to the Mandalorian, a lot of people complain about season 1 being boring/a slog/not very good. And the truth is it is definitely weaker and more directionless than what the show eventually became. The guide has been proven to work at getting people into the show. Once they're in, they can always go back and watch what they missed. And since the series is anthology any of those random skipped stories could really be watched in any order.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright.

I took the image that's been posted a bunch in here and cross-referenced with every other "these are the Clone Wars episodes you should watch" list that I could find. If an episode was included on one list but not the other, I included it here. As a result, this list includes most episodes. My assumption is the only episodes excluded are the ones that are really shit. I then took the list and merged it with the official chronological order from StarWars.com with the included links to each episode on Disney+.

Mostly posting this for myself so it's easy to get to the next episode on my iPad.

Movie The Clone Wars theatrical release | Stream on Disney+

301 Clone Cadets | Stream on Disney+

102 Rising Malevolence | Stream on Disney+

103 Shadow of Malevolence | Stream on Disney+

104 Destroy Malevolence | Stream on Disney+

105 Rookies | Stream on Disney+

109 Cloak of Darkness | Stream on Disney+

110 Lair of Grievous | Stream on Disney+

115 Trespass | Stream on Disney+

119 Storm over Ryloth | Stream on Disney+

120 Innocents of Ryloth | Stream on Disney+

121 Liberty on Ryloth | Stream on Disney+

201 Holocron Heist | Stream on Disney+

202 Cargo of Doom | Stream on Disney+

203 Children of the Force | Stream on Disney+

217 Bounty Hunters | Stream on Disney+

218 The Zillo Beast | Stream on Disney+

219 The Zillo Beast Strikes Back | Stream on Disney+

205 Landing at Point Rain | Stream on Disney+

206 Weapons Factory | Stream on Disney+

207 Legacy of Terror | Stream on Disney+

208 Brain Invaders | Stream on Disney+

209 Grievous Intrigue | Stream on Disney+

210 The Deserter | Stream on Disney+

211 Lightsaber Lost | Stream on Disney+

212 The Mandalore Plot | Stream on Disney+

213 Voyage of Temptation | Stream on Disney+

214 Duchess of Mandalore | Stream on Disney+

220 Death Trap | Stream on Disney+

221 R2 Come Home | Stream on Disney+

222 Lethal Trackdown | Stream on Disney+

307 Assassin | Stream on Disney+

302 ARC Troopers | Stream on Disney+

304 Sphere of Influence | Stream on Disney+

122 Hostage Crisis | Stream on Disney+

309 Hunt for Ziro | Stream on Disney+

310 Heroes on Both Side | Stream on Disney+

312 Nightsisters | Stream on Disney+

313 Monster | Stream on Disney+

314 Witches of the Mist | Stream on Disney+

315 Overlords | Stream on Disney+

316 Altar of Mortis | Stream on Disney+

317 Ghosts of Mortis | Stream on Disney+

318 The Citadel | Stream on Disney+

319 Counter Attack | Stream on Disney+

320 Citadel Rescue | Stream on Disney+

321 Padawan Lost | Stream on Disney+

322 Wookiee Hunt | Stream on Disney+

407 Darkness on Umbara | Stream on Disney+

408 The General | Stream on Disney+

409 Plan of Dissent | Stream on Disney+

410 Carnage of Krell | Stream on Disney+

411 Kidnapped | Stream on Disney+

412 Slaves of the Republic | Stream on Disney+

413 Escape from Kadavo | Stream on Disney+

414 A Friend In Need | Stream on Disney+

415 Deception | Stream on Disney+

416 Friends and Enemies | Stream on Disney+

417 The Box | Stream on Disney+

418 Crisis on Naboo | Stream on Disney+

419 Massacre | Stream on Disney+

420 Bounty | Stream on Disney+

421 Brothers | Stream on Disney+

422 Revenge | Stream on Disney+

502 A War on Two Fronts | Stream on Disney+

503 Front Runners | Stream on Disney+

504 The Soft War | Stream on Disney+

505 Tipping Points | Stream on Disney+

506 The Gathering | Stream on Disney+

507 A Test of Strength | Stream on Disney+

508 Bound for Rescue | Stream on Disney+

509 A Necessary Bond | Stream on Disney+

501 Revival | Stream on Disney+

514 Eminence | Stream on Disney+

515 Shades of Reason | Stream on Disney+

516 The Lawless | Stream on Disney+

517 Sabotage | Stream on Disney+

518 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much | Stream on Disney+

519 To Catch a Jedi | Stream on Disney+

520 The Wrong Jedi | Stream on Disney+

601 The Unknown | Stream on Disney+

602 Conspiracy | Stream on Disney+

603 Fugitive | Stream on Disney+

604 Orders | Stream on Disney+

610 The Lost One | Stream on Disney+

611 Voices | Stream on Disney+

612 Destiny | Stream on Disney+

613 Sacrifice | Stream on Disney+

705 Gone with a Trace | Stream on Disney+

706 Deal No Deal | Stream on Disney+

707 Dangerous Debt | Stream on Disney+

708 Together Again | Stream on Disney+

701 The Bad Batch | Stream on Disney+

702 A Distant Echo | Stream on Disney+

703 On the Wings of Keeradaks | Stream on Disney+

704 Unfinished Business | Stream on Disney+

709 Old Friends Not Forgotten | Stream on Disney+

710 The Phantom Apprentice | Stream on Disney+

711 Shattered | Stream on Disney+

712 Victory and Death | Stream on Disney+

Last edited:

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Alright.

I took the image that's been posted a bunch in here and cross-referenced with every other "these are the Clone Wars episodes you should watch" list that I could find. If an episode was listed on one but not the other, I included it. As a result this list includes most episodes. My assumption is the only ones excluded are the ones that are really shit. I then took the list and merged with the official chronological order from StarWars.com with the included links to each episode on Disney+.

Mostly posting this for myself so it's easy to get to the next episode on my iPad.

Movie The Clone Wars theatrical release | Stream on Disney+

301 Clone Cadets | Stream on Disney+

102 Rising Malevolence | Stream on Disney+

103 Shadow of Malevolence | Stream on Disney+

104 Destroy Malevolence | Stream on Disney+

105 Rookies | Stream on Disney+

109 Cloak of Darkness | Stream on Disney+

110 Lair of Grievous | Stream on Disney+

115 Trespass | Stream on Disney+

119 Storm over Ryloth | Stream on Disney+

120 Innocents of Ryloth | Stream on Disney+

121 Liberty on Ryloth | Stream on Disney+

201 Holocron Heist | Stream on Disney+

202 Cargo of Doom | Stream on Disney+

203 Children of the Force | Stream on Disney+

217 Bounty Hunters | Stream on Disney+

218 The Zillo Beast | Stream on Disney+

219 The Zillo Beast Strikes Back | Stream on Disney+

205 Landing at Point Rain | Stream on Disney+

206 Weapons Factory | Stream on Disney+

207 Legacy of Terror | Stream on Disney+

208 Brain Invaders | Stream on Disney+

209 Grievous Intrigue | Stream on Disney+

210 The Deserter | Stream on Disney+

211 Lightsaber Lost | Stream on Disney+

212 The Mandalore Plot | Stream on Disney+

213 Voyage of Temptation | Stream on Disney+

214 Duchess of Mandalore | Stream on Disney+

220 Death Trap | Stream on Disney+

221 R2 Come Home | Stream on Disney+

222 Lethal Trackdown | Stream on Disney+

307 Assassin | Stream on Disney+

302 ARC Troopers | Stream on Disney+

304 Sphere of Influence | Stream on Disney+

122 Hostage Crisis | Stream on Disney+

309 Hunt for Ziro | Stream on Disney+

310 Heroes on Both Side | Stream on Disney+

312 Nightsisters | Stream on Disney+

313 Monster | Stream on Disney+

314 Witches of the Mist | Stream on Disney+

315 Overlords | Stream on Disney+

316 Altar of Mortis | Stream on Disney+

317 Ghosts of Mortis | Stream on Disney+

318 The Citadel | Stream on Disney+

319 Counter Attack | Stream on Disney+

320 Citadel Rescue | Stream on Disney+

321 Padawan Lost | Stream on Disney+

322 Wookiee Hunt | Stream on Disney+

407 Darkness on Umbara | Stream on Disney+

408 The General | Stream on Disney+

409 Plan of Dissent | Stream on Disney+

410 Carnage of Krell | Stream on Disney+

411 Kidnapped | Stream on Disney+

412 Slaves of the Republic | Stream on Disney+

413 Escape from Kadavo | Stream on Disney+

414 A Friend In Need | Stream on Disney+

415 Deception | Stream on Disney+

416 Friends and Enemies | Stream on Disney+

417 The Box | Stream on Disney+

418 Crisis on Naboo | Stream on Disney+

419 Massacre | Stream on Disney+

420 Bounty | Stream on Disney+

421 Brothers | Stream on Disney+

422 Revenge | Stream on Disney+

502 A War on Two Fronts | Stream on Disney+

503 Front Runners | Stream on Disney+

504 The Soft War | Stream on Disney+

505 Tipping Points | Stream on Disney+

506 The Gathering | Stream on Disney+

507 A Test of Strength | Stream on Disney+

508 Bound for Rescue | Stream on Disney+

509 A Necessary Bond | Stream on Disney+

501 Revival | Stream on Disney+

514 Eminence | Stream on Disney+

515 Shades of Reason | Stream on Disney+

516 The Lawless | Stream on Disney+

517 Sabotage | Stream on Disney+

518 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much | Stream on Disney+

519 To Catch a Jedi | Stream on Disney+

520 The Wrong Jedi | Stream on Disney+

601 The Unknown | Stream on Disney+

602 Conspiracy | Stream on Disney+

603 Fugitive | Stream on Disney+

604 Orders | Stream on Disney+

610 The Lost One | Stream on Disney+

611 Voices | Stream on Disney+

612 Destiny | Stream on Disney+

613 Sacrifice | Stream on Disney+

705 Gone with a Trace | Stream on Disney+

706 Deal No Deal | Stream on Disney+

707 Dangerous Debt | Stream on Disney+

708 Together Again | Stream on Disney+

701 The Bad Batch | Stream on Disney+

702 A Distant Echo | Stream on Disney+

703 On the Wings of Keeradaks | Stream on Disney+

704 Unfinished Business | Stream on Disney+

709 Old Friends Not Forgotten | Stream on Disney+

710 The Phantom Apprentice | Stream on Disney+

711 Shattered | Stream on Disney+

712 Victory and Death | Stream on Disney+

This is great work! Fantastic resource.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
wait

when did Kanan and Hera fuck šŸ¤” how did a twilek give birth to a human šŸ¤”

how/what/where/when/why

I feel confused now because before the Jacen moment, I thought Kanan and Hera had been close and low key in love but that they hadn't actually consummated their feelings yet - sort of a "will they won't they" vibe throughout the series climaxing in them kissing for the first time just moments before Kanan's death (not to mention Hera finally saying "I love you" to which Kanan is like "idk this is probably just the truth serum talking..." only reinforces that).

idk I feel like they threw in Jacen at the last second without thinking it through just to make the ending a little happier for Hera

Random series thoughts:

Overall, I liked Rebels a lot more than Clone Wars mainly due to the reason I stated in my last post - the cast is the same every episode so you build a much stronger bond with them over the course of the series. When Kanan died ;___;

Darth Maul's end felt very abrupt and anti climactic though. I actually thought the live action Obi Wan series was going to follow up on Maul's appearance in Solo and conclude his arc, so when it happened in Rebels I was pretty surprised.

Kallus joining the rebels didn't feel like it amounted to much. It was a nice redemption but as soon as it happened his significance to the plot (not to mention his screen time) plummeted. It was also a missed opportunity not to have him share more scenes with Zeb after he joined the team.

Before Rebels. At least to start. Shortly after the end of the Clone Wars. We still don't know very many details though. It's supposed to air in February.

Cool, looking forward to it!

I thought it was a nice touch, actually, that the implication is Hera has taught herself a "Star Wars/American" accent, but when she gets mad, it slips, and her native Twi'lek accent comes out. That's just a nice, realistic, linguistic touch that any immigrant can relate to.

It was a nice detail, but I guess I missed the memo that all twileks are French

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this newer and more up to date list and I think it's better than the previous version already posted
fVJpuiA.jpg

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait

how/what/where/when/why

I feel confused now because before the Jacen moment, I thought Kanan and Hera had been close and low key in love but that they hadn't actually consummated their feelings yet - sort of a "will they won't they" vibe throughout the series climaxing in them kissing for the first time just moments before Kanan's death (not to mention Hera finally saying "I love you" to which Kanan is like "idk this is probably just the truth serum talking..." only reinforces that).

idk I feel like they threw in Jacen at the last second without thinking it through just to make the ending a little happier for Hera

The implication is they were in a relationship the whole time, but because the show is essentially G rated (and with a target audience of boys so young they think romance is icky) they never bring it up. I agree it is kinda lame and I wish it was a bigger focus in the series so that didn't just come out of nowhere.

Random series thoughts:

Overall, I liked Rebels a lot more than Clone Wars mainly due to the reason I stated in my last post - the cast is the same every episode so you build a much stronger bond with them over the course of the series. When Kanan died ;___;

Darth Maul's end felt very abrupt and anti climactic though. I actually thought the live action Obi Wan series was going to follow up on Maul's appearance in Solo and conclude his arc, so when it happened in Rebels I was pretty surprised.

Kallus joining the rebels didn't feel like it amounted to much. It was a nice redemption but as soon as it happened his significance to the plot (not to mention his screen time) plummeted. It was also a missed opportunity not to have him share more scenes with Zeb after he joined the team.
Darth Maul really felt half-baked in this show in general. His reincarnation in Clone Wars was great, but it felt like they didn't really know what to do with him here. When he showed up in the season 2 finale, it presented a very interesting potential direction the story could go, if even only for a while... but then they almost completely side step that and only have him appear a handful of more times before dying. Very bizarre.

Re: Kallus, I felt the exact same way. And about Rex as well actually. Both sort of "join the team" but then are extremely underutilized and rarely show up. I think they should have just become part of the ongoing crew rather than sticking to the core 5 characters (plus Chopper) being the only ones in the Ghost from beginning to end. As you say, even by the end I felt it would have benefited Zeb; who was by far the least developed character of them all despite being around for four season.

Nov 27, 2020
wait

how/what/where/when/why

If you look at the layout of the Ghost that was officially released, you'll see that Kanan and Hera's quarters are one and the same. They had motive, opportunity, and intent...so to speak.

EDIT: And after spending 20 minutes looking for that image, and not finding it, I'm wondering if I'm misremembering something from the early days of Rebels. Does anyone else remember this?

Last edited:

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
Kanan and Hera

The implication is they were in a relationship the whole time, but because the show is essentially G rated (and with a target audience of boys so young they think romance is icky) they never bring it up. I agree it is kinda lame and I wish it was a bigger focus in the series so that didn't just come out of nowhere.

Funny story, when I had seen most of the first season of Rebels I described the show to my friend and I said Kanan and Hera
were married, it seemed so obvious and I assumed I had missed whatever line in the show had made it explicit.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

Darth Maul really felt half-baked in this show in general. His reincarnation in Clone Wars was great, but it felt like they didn't really know what to do with him here. When he showed up in the season 2 finale, it presented a very interesting potential direction the story could go, if even only for a while... but then they almost completely side step that and only have him appear a handful of more times before dying. Very bizarre.

Re: Kallus, I felt the exact same way. And about Rex as well actually. Both sort of "join the team" but then are extremely underutilized and rarely show up. I think they should have just become part of the ongoing crew rather than sticking to the core 5 characters (plus Chopper) being the only ones in the Ghost from beginning to end. As you say, even by the end I felt it would have benefited Zeb; who was by far the least developed character of them all despite being around for four season.

I don't know why they didn't just make them married from the beginning, tbh. Just one "this is my wife, Hera" line would have communicated so much to the audience.

Ezra being torn between 2 masters - one light and one dark - would have been a really fascinating wrinkle to the story. They would have needed to invest a little more into Maul's relationship with Ezra for it to be believable, but I honestly thought that's where the show was headed after S2. Ah well.

Rex was better utilized than Kallus for sure, but yeah, he could have been given at least an arc of his own.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
This is my personal "must-watch" list if anyone is interested.
Took references from Reddit guides and customized it to my liking.
I took all 133 episodes and narrowed it down to just 90 episodes.
I guess the only major thing that I didn't add is the Clone Wars movie which has the first proper introduction to Ahsoka.
But aside from that, I think these are all the arcs/episodes most folks really need to watch to get a good understanding of Clone Wars.

KtY6Trz.png

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ezra being torn between 2 masters - one light and one dark - would have been a really fascinating wrinkle to the story. They would have needed to invest a little more into Maul's relationship with Ezra for it to be believable, but I honestly thought that's where the show was headed after S2. Ah well.
Yeah that is 100% where it seemed like they were taking the story but then they just... didn't. I wonder if someone higher up put the kibosh on it or something.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this. I've never watched Clone Wars yet but I'm about to start, and I think I'll follow this list.

I used that list and enjoyed it a lot. Watch all the honorable mentions and be aware that it gets better after the first two seasons. Also think about watching the episodes that deal with Mandalore but the list tells you to skip since Mandalore and it's people are an on going plot in SW.