• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Now that it's on Disney+ it's feasible for me to do this.

I tried watching Season 1, I really did, but it was ultimately very boring and even a bit - dare I say it, I do dare - cringy at times.

I KNOW this series gets good. I've seen clips. I've heard things. When does it do that? Also, I heard it's not in chronological order? whynot.gif

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

Watch all highlighted recommended episodes AND the "Honorable Mentions" episodes. Skip the episodes that aren't marked at all. Also I'd recommend skipping the pilot movie, just know Anakin is given an apprentice named Ahsoka (The orange alien girl).

Don't worry about chronological order. Just watch it in the release order using this to skip the not-good stuff. The short answer as to "why" is that it's an anthology series. Every 3-4 episodes is a completely different story with completely different characters. Eventually many of them interweave. Some are sequels to others. Some are prequels to others. That's where the chronological order gets weird, but seriously don't worry about it. It all makes sense if you just watch it this way imo.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Episodes with Jabba's sister or whatever and Jar Jar ones were fucking awful. I did not persist.

Edit: the above list makes it far more approachable. I'll give it a whirl when Disney+ comes to the UK.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Watch all highlighted recommended episodes AND the "Honorable Mentions" episodes. Skip the episodes that aren't marked at all. Also I'd recommend skipping the pilot movie, just know Anakin is given an apprentice named Ahsoka (The orange alien girl).

Don't worry about chronological order. Just watch it in the release order using this to skip the not-good stuff.
Didn't know about this. Thank you

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century

Don't worry about chronological order. Just watch it in the release order using this to skip the not-good stuff.
Thanks. I've seen this before, was wondering how reliable it is (always better to get multiple people's opinions).

Someone told me to watch it in chronological order and I got stressed out trying to juggle that and the multiple recommended episodes to skip. This looks well put together; might just use this...

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I've seen this before, was wondering how reliable it is (always better to get multiple people's opinions).

Someone told me to watch it in chronological order and I got stressed out trying to juggle that and the multiple recommended episodes to skip. This looks well put together; might just use this...
If I was to personally amend the image at all, I'd add the last two episodes of S3 "Padawan Lost" and "Wookie Hunt". I kinda get why they were skipped but they're perfectly good episodes. But anyone who just purely follows the list won't be disappointed. At the end of it if you really love the series you can always go back and see what you skipped out of curiosity.

Also, watch all of Season 6 (not pictured in the image). Not a bad episode in the bunch.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I almost envy you

I'm watching every episode, I can't watch SOME of a show

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Don't worry about chronological order. Just watch it in the release order using this to skip the not-good stuff. The short answer as to "why" is that it's an anthology series. Every 3-4 episodes is a completely different story with completely different characters. Eventually many of them interweave. Some are sequels to others. Some are prequels to others. That's where the chronological order gets weird, but seriously don't worry about it. It all makes sense if you just watch it this way imo.

the lords work!

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DO not skip the Honorable Mention episodes. Some of them introduce Franchise Changing level concepts. The fact someone marked them as honorable mention always seemed so weird. The Mortis Arc of Season 3 is Cannot be skipped.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Should I watch clone wars of rebels? I wanna get into one of these canon animated shows but idk which is better to start with

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I referenced the guide above but also just watched whatever looked cool. The show isn't presented chronologically so you're free to jump in and out wherever you please. The only thing to be mindful of is not starting partway through a multi-episode arc, which the guide helps with.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely do not understand this mindset with a complete TV series. I can't just skip episodes.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely do not understand this mindset with a complete TV series. I can't just skip episodes.
With this show specifically it's because it's an anthology program. Essentially there are 3 to 4 episode long stories that are basically little mini movies. But they can be completely independent of anything else, or not. But like, some people don't want to watch a Jar Jar Binks movie. But they do want to watch an Obi-Wan Kenobi one. That's why this guide works for this series.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only really bad ones are jar jar arcs and C3P0+R2 arcs.

You *absolutely* should watch 95% of the episodes focusing on any of the Jedi, Padme, or Clones

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only really bad ones are jar jar arcs and C3P0+R2 arcs.

You *absolutely* should watch 95% of the episodes focusing on any of the Jedi, Padme, or Clones
I mostly agree, though there are several other pretty bad arcs involving Stinky the Hutt and random Droids wandering around doing nothing.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is there a consolidated list of all of these (+ honorable mentions, etc.) in chronological order?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a consolidated list of all of these (+ honorable mentions, etc.) in chronological order?
As mentioned before, don't worry about chronological order. Especially if you follow that guide. It literally doesn't matter and wasn't made with that intention. No one else has made a more consolidated image, but this one is pretty sufficient.

Just avoid the horrible mon calamari war.
That arc is skipped as well.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK, the series is pretty linear. It's an anthology series but time usually progresses in the universe by the season . The only notable exceptions I believe is the Kamino arc which happens prior to season one/movie

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about the chronological order??

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As mentioned before, don't worry about chronological order. Especially if you follow that guide. It literally doesn't matter and wasn't made with that intention. No one else has made a more consolidated image, but this one is pretty sufficient.
eh... I'm like 6 episodes into the official chronological order (with movie) and I already disagree there. Starting with the two episodes that lead up to the movie (2x16 and 1x16) was very much appreciated. I also likely having the Kamino arc right after that to explain why this supposedly perfect fighting force still had guys fucking up. That would have annoyed me for the 2 full seasons until they went back and showed it.

AFAIK, the series is pretty linear. It's an anthology series but time usually progresses in the universe by the season . The only notable exceptions I believe is the Kamino arc which happens prior to season one/movie
The first 3 seasons are all over the place. Some of those anthology episodes actually tie into other episodes from different seasons!

www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Disney+ local iOS downloads are almost 1 GB per 20 minute episode.

Holy shit this is gonna look great on my commute tomorrow.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eh... I'm like 6 episodes into the official chronological order (with movie) and I already disagree there. Starting with the two episodes that lead up to the movie (2x16 and 1x16) was very much appreciated. I also likely having the Kamino arc right after that to explain why this supposedly perfect fighting force still had guys fucking up. That would have annoyed me for the 2 full seasons until they went back and showed it.

The first 3 seasons are all over the place. Some of those anthology episodes actually tie into other episodes from different seasons!

www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.
Well, I recommend skipping the movie, which is all around terrible -- and it alone is what has put off many people from the series to begin with. If you liked it, great, you're going to like the series regardless. But not everyone is that way. The point is it works for some people, but also completely alienates others. My goal is to get people into the series no matter what. The release order was the release order for a reason. The "prequel" episodes that crop up in season 2 and 3 do not matter at all and were created after the fact because they decided they wanted to tell those stories. That's fine and good but they are not required to be watched first and weren't originally designed that way. Personally, I feel like "Clone Cadets" plays in an entirely different way if you watch it before "Rookies" rather than after (as it was originally aired).

Starting the series at "Rising Malevolence" and following the guide gets people into the series and on the way to the good stuff much quicker without ever having to hear about "Stinky the Hutt".

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I recommend skipping the movie, which is all around terrible -- and it alone is what has put off many people from the series to begin with. If you liked it, great, you're going to like the series regardless. But not everyone is that way. The point is it works for some people, but also completely alienates others. My goal is to get people into the series no matter what. The release order was the release order for a reason. The "prequel" episodes that crop up in season 2 and 3 do not matter at all and were created after the fact because they decided they wanted to tell those stories. That's fine and good but they are not required to be watched first and weren't originally designed that way. Personally, I feel like "Clone Cadets" plays in an entirely different way if you watch it before "Rookies" rather than after (as it was originally aired).

Starting the series at "Rising Malevolence" and following the guide gets people into the series and on the way to the good stuff much quicker without ever having to hear about "Stinky the Hutt".
Well I wouldn't say I liked it... but it was more like "oh, this is the planet from the last two episodes. I know what's happening here." So it kept my interest because of that.

I too would like to avoid whoever "Stinky the Hutt" is tho...

If I want to watch everything, should I go release order or chronological order?
As someone who couldn't finish season 1 years ago but recently started the chronological order, I wholeheartedly endorse the chronological order. It made the on-boarding process much more bearable.

Looking at my next episodes though... there's a long stretch of season 1 in a row. Not looking forward to that. lol

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017

I think it's at least good to watch the movie until the battle of Christophsis ends. It would be weird to have Ahsoka appear in the series without a proper introduction at least.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who couldn't finish season 1 years ago but recently started the chronological order, I wholeheartedly endorse the chronological order. It made the on-boarding process much more bearable.

Looking at my next episodes though... there's a long stretch of season 1 in a row. Not looking forward to that. lol
Most of the release order IS chronological order. It's only a handful of episodes we're talking about that take place before previous arcs.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
watch everything you coward

Most of the release order IS chronological order. It's only a handful of episodes we're talking about that take place before previous arcs.

i dont understand how people can watch the chronological order

is like "who the fuck is fives and why should i give a fuck about him?"

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

/thread

Also watch Rebels afterwards

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's at least good to watch the movie until the battle of Christophsis ends. It would be weird to have Ahsoka appear in the series without a proper introduction at least.
Perhaps, but I think just going in with the knowledge of "Anakin gets a padawan named Ahsoka" accomplishes about the same thing and let's you skip that awful movie in its entirety.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but the handful of episodes at the beginning made a huge difference for me personally.

Also helps to just establish that show will have arcs that tie together in the future. Starting fresh with season 1 and having entire episodes devoted to Jar-Jar or the droids doing random bullshit really soured me before.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, but the handful of episodes at the beginning made a huge difference for me personally.
Yeah, but people should just be skipping the movie imo, and if they do that it doesn't even matter that there's 2 episodes that take place before the movie. "Rising Malevolence" is just a much better starting point for the entire series. Even if the two episodes prior to the movie are totally fine to watch that way (it really doesn't matter), I think several other episodes (like the Clone Cadets arc before Rookies) completely messes with the way those episodes were meant to be seen. I also feel like, overall, chronological order is just something confusing to follow. Skipping over episodes is easy. Moving in and out of random episodes in different seasons is plain weird and you can't expect the average person to really want to do that in the first place.
Youngiings Arc was a fun little arc. And I'll never let go of the hope that they survived order 66
I keep feeling like they're totally set up to appear in other Star Wars media. Even playing through Jedi: Fallen Order now is kind of giving me hope to at least see some mentions.

Oct 27, 2017
If you want the quick version just watch the mandalore and night sister/maul arcs until they converge and then watch the last arcs of seasons 5 and 6.

There's more good stuff but that's like the critical path.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want the quick version just watch the mandalore and night sister/maul arcs until they converge and then watch the last arcs of seasons 5 and 6.

There's more good stuff but that's like the critical path.
Doing just that would miss out on a lot of Anakin/Ahsoka stuff, as well as vital Clone stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I keep feeling like they're totally set up to appear in other Star Wars media. Even playing through Jedi: Fallen Order now is kind of giving me hope to at least see some mentions.

I think they were supposed to be spun off on a 'kids' Star Wars Show, but that never materialized. But you are right we keep on having shows, games etc with more and more Jedi survivors

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
The Mortis arc being only an hororable mention has always been weird to me. That arc has so much mythology in it. I love it.

Btw, do not bother wondering why Ashoka suddenly appears with a 2nd lightsabre (I did and I never got a satisfactory answer, other than "she just does").