• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Post your favorites!

When it comes to shounens I don't think anything will beat Enies Lobby (One Piece) for me, it's just so full of epicness all around

But recently I watched AoT and the Erwin charge is... wow (huge S3 spoilers, will hide because it's recent). This scene is still stuck in my head.

Oct 26, 2017
That AoT one is great, but also where I dropped the show shortly after.

Tired of the villains having plot armor, and what happened a few episodes later was particularly egregious

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two moments from Mob Psycho 100

Reigen vs. Scar

Reigen vs. Shimazaki

Mob Psycho 100 is the greatest Fuck You to Shonen anime.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Majin-Vegeta-Gif-rileyferguson-34992368-390-219.gif

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Best scene is in the OP already, but One Piece has a bunch. Everything between "When does a man die?" and "WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE I'VE HAD!" would be my runner up

My vote would be Gun X Sword near the end when
Ray's death

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
One Piece has too many to list. Almost all here are great. I have a massive soft spot for several scenes in Whole Cake Island...

"Will you come back someday... And take down Big Mom?"

"Of course I will! Because I'll become the king of the pirates!"

"... You're looking quite far into the future."

My Hero for the two scenes I stopped reading the manga on and watched in anime form. AKA, the United States of Smash scene.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
You know it's good when it turns black and white like that

As such, here is a very sad (but epic) moment from Devilman Crybaby

Devilman Crybaby scenes being culled from YouTube hurts me. I have to pull up Netflix now just to watch the final scene. AKA, one of the best anime scenes of all time.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Epic Anime Moments is just going to be battle shounen shows isn't it. Not that OP is wrong, One Piece has some of the best.

Movies always had series beat though, whether its the last fight in Sword of the Stranger, The meteor scene in Your Name or a bunch of scenes from Princess Mononoke. Even the Demon Slayer movie had a better fight scene than the show. Older anime OVAs had some crazy stuff too.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020
The obvious United States Of Smash

&

Hunter X Hunter

"I see now...yes...I see...you had me in checkmate.....from the start"

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Devilman Crybaby scenes being culled from YouTube hurts me. I have to pull up Netflix now just to watch the final scene. AKA, one of the best anime scenes of all time.

That show had me depressed for weeks. No wonder they sold a limited edition bottles of whiskey for the show's release

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Without a doubt it's Smile and Pecos final match from Ping Pong. I think it's probably the best episode of any anime period.

As for action scenes Evangelion's sync fight always fills me with awe.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Episode 19 of Demon Slayer is probably my favorite. Soundtrack, animation, emotion, all of it hit such a perfect crescendo and honestly is THE reason why I love Demon Slayer so much. If that episode (and build up) wasn't so perfect I probably wouldn't have it so high on my list of animes (and many other's lists). The movie also eventually helped justify its position.

Netero vs The King from Hunter x Hunter. It's sinisterly epic and the narrative/thematic importance of the fight can't be overstated enough.

Levi vs the Female Titan and Levi vs Kenny Squad. Both Levi at his best.

Deku Infinite 100%. The Overhaul Arc was a mess animation/pacing wise, but Bones knocked it out of the park for the final episode of the arc.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Epic scenes in other animes can be kinda silly without context lol

(everyone please watch Kaiji)

The One Piece one is also pointless without context though tbh. There's one episode of Eureka 7 (i forget which) with the airboarding through rainbow clouds which was really well done.

I thought Fate Zero had better scenes than Demon Slayer if you're using Ufotable though.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers from the last episode of Code Geass:

Then obviously like a billion different Evangelion OH SHIT moments (Shinji stands back up after being blasted by Ramiel with the entire energy grid powering his weapon, Rei's suicide attack, the weight of the world that is the Sahaquiel fight, Asuka taking on the mass produced units, etc).
Epic scenes in other animes can be kinda silly without context lol

(everyone please watch Kaiji)

God, that arc was such a pain to get through. But yeah, everyone watch Akagi and the first season of Kaiji (plus the first arc of S2) :P

Akagi playing chicken and Russian roulette are both sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Last edited:

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

Mizusawa vs. Fujisaki is my most epic Chiha moment, but there's no video of it.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The build up to this moment was great and one of the high points of the whole series.