• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I mean I to VI and then XIII. Those are MIA from consoles and can only be played in mobile or PC I guess? I wouldn't mind if they port the mobile versions of IV, V, VI since I don't mind the sprites and I believe most people don't even if fans do, even though I'd rather they remastered them like the PSP versions of I, II and IV. Why don't they do it? The games should be really easy to port right now and it'd be huge for those of us that don't like playing on smartphones. And please port War of the Lions while they're at it.
Why square is sitting on this? Consoles are pretty much going to be BC from now on so they will probably have no reason to port again in the foreseeable future.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
As you said in the OP, I would only be fine with the old-school FF ports if they used the PSP versions. I think the mobile/Steam ports look atrocious.

I would like to play XIII someday, but that PC version seems to be trash, so I wouldn't mind a PS4/PS5/Switch version.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Why stop there? I wish all modern consoles could just grab and sell all classic / retro games an in enormous, shared database. Largest percentage of profits going to the owners of the IP. But seriously, just let me dip in and grab SMRPG and play it on PS4 or just swing by Steam real quick to play Mega Man 2. Just drop it all out there.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
It is weird that they've never at least ported I-VI to consoles. Final Fantasy Tactics also still needs to come to Steam, as well as consoles, too.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I want XI on modern-day consoles with a new graphical coat of paint. Don't touch anything else though.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
III just got updated recently. I wouldn't be surprised if IV and After Years follows in advance of ports to the current generation.

I don't think that'll ever happen and I believe they'll keep supporting XIV for years to come.

They have a sign for XI at PAX East in an outer corner of their booth. Insane that they're still supporting it, so XIV will probably be around for a very long time too.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
IKR?? Of all the final fantasy collections and remasters SE seems to be doing, it's really baffling how they're able to pass up on a "classic collection" :/

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Steam is your closest answer, I think it's the platform that has the most FFs atm:
rtDKCEw.png

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping the trend of anniversary collections from Capcom and Konami would bleed into Square. How awesome would it be if they just had I-VI in there as they first appeared, with another option to play some of their other versions? Thing sells itself!

We even got a Secret of Mana collection! Which wasn't really even asked for.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the trend of anniversary collections from Capcom and Konami would bleed into Square. How awesome would it be if they just had I-VI in there as they first appeared, with another option to play some of their other versions? Thing sells itself!

We even got a Secret of Mana collection! Which wasn't really even asked for.

That would be a great cartridge to own.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been a few years but wasn't there a story reason for that in LR?
Yes there's is a reason for why she is the way she is, I just think it's unnecessary to have taken her character in that direction. I still recommend the game to anyone although play it with a guide because you do have the constant stress of time management in the back of your mind. It's not SUPER stressful since you do get a decent amount of leniency to do what you want, I just found it much more enjoyable having a guide in front of me and being as efficient as possible with the time you're given each day.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I mean I to VI and then XIII. Those are MIA from consoles and can only be played in mobile or PC I guess? I wouldn't mind if they port the mobile versions of IV, V, VI since I don't mind the sprites and I believe most people don't even if fans do, even though I'd rather they remastered them like the PSP versions of I, II and IV. Why don't they do it? The games should be really easy to port right now and it'd be huge for those of us that don't like playing on smartphones. And please port War of the Lions while they're at it.
Why square is sitting on this? Consoles are pretty much going to be BC from now on so they will probably have no reason to port again in the foreseeable future.
I think 1-6 are on ps3 as classics and 13 is there too.

Not ultra modern but more so than most

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I have to assume Square has some sort of remaster planned for XIII collection and for VI. makes no sense why they haven't been ported already. like Start Ocean First Departure R got a remaster and so did VIII and crystal chronicles.

I would love to see a VI remake using the Octopath style. i think it would be pretty dope.
on that line i also think they have a plan for Chrono Trigger.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Always asked for this.

If the rumors are true and PS5 can somehow play PS1-4 & PSP, that would cover so many of them.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
I didn't like XIII the first time I tried it around release time but I've been dying to give it a second chance, if only it were on a system I owned (Switch or PS4).

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly FFT in HD and widescreen with trophies is enough for me.

As long as none of that slowdown shit in WotL.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Tactics is the biggest head scratcher. Fire Emblem is going gangbusters and meanwhile you are sitting on the best srpg tactics game of all time.

Deleted member 64047

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 21, 2020

Sqaure Enix: Of course you can have all FFs on modern consoles, but first, give me your wallet and keys!

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Yeah I'd like to not have to boot up my PS3 for FFV & FFVI and for them to have trophy support.