• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
your system has a touch screen. it doesn't need to be physical. farm out some cheap covers of pop songs already again, Nintendo. make the story real dumb.

am I the only one?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they're probably my favorite games on the DS.

I'm not sure they could work without a stylus, though.

EtrianFOE

Oct 26, 2017
Fondly remember S ranking all stages in both games.

Would love a third game.

Couldn't get into EBA though...

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
These games were awesome, they can get rid of that dumb spinning mechanic though.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So do I. Ouendan 1 and 2 and EBA were some of the best DS games and best rhythm games around.

There is always Osu! (and Opsu! on android) that are fan made EBA/Ouendan games with custom beatmaps.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
My single most wanted thing in gaming aside from maybe Melee HD. These games were something special and I've yet to play any rhythm game that has anything resembling an ounce of the charm they had.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017
EBA and the pendant games are the only portable games I have ever enjoyed.
I would instantly buy any sequel.

Oct 27, 2017
I recall the middle difficulty levels were actually easier than the easiest one (assuming you knew the songs) because their patterns followed the music more closely

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody played iNiS's spiritual successor Demon's Score because it was a mobile game (directed by Yoko Taro no less). Don't think that series is coming back any time soon.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
On a system with an insane of a library as the DS, EBA was my favorite game on the system.

I would kill for a new one.

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
Ouendan 2 and EBA were so damn good. Those final boss songs on the hardest difficulties was amazing.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Those were the games that got me into the rhythm genre. They're soooo good. Cytus 2 on mobile is similar-ish, you might like it. Mobile and arcades are where all the rhythm games are these days. There's also Osu but I've never liked fan charts.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, that would be nice. I can never listen to Jumpin' Jack Flash ever again, because I had to retry it so many times to beat Hard Rock.

There's also Osu but I've never liked fan charts.

That's the thing, though. I have fond memories of spending hours retrying JJF over and over again to beat it, but I've played enough osu since 2006 that I don't know if a new EBA game would be sufficiently difficult for me. JJF may have had me tearing my hair out 12 years ago, but I could do it in my sleep now.

The mechanics of a new game would have to be pretty different.

Last edited:

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1780857-ebainspiration.png

♫ You're the meaning in my life... ♫

:'(

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Contrary to the final stages claims, music does not live.
We killed it with our weak sales, might be the number one nintendo example of a great game being truly done dirty.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
While I loved the first ouedan and eBa, by ouedan 2 the franchise fatigue was obvious. The music were way less suitable for the games, while the maps where most well developed, I admit.

Besides, without the resistive screen, the experience will not feel so good. OSU! Exists and I think it's the best option so we don't have to deal with the hell that is licensing music.